The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank is Stupid system

Duckyh97

No matter how hard i tried playing this game. It doesn't reward you with hard-work every time. This game would let you farm and farm, and then throw the mastery rank at your face for fun. I am a fairly new player, i played for like two weeks. And everytime i want to do something, the mastery rank pops up, fortuna quest, crafting weapons that i already have parts for, and the one thing that triggered me the most is the trading of veiled mods you need a mr8 to trade it? Like WTF? 

As im typing this message i was thinking, do i need Mastery rank to post this message on the forum? Im scared...

I mean you can waste my time by craft a warframe for 3 days, but u cannot stop me from doing all sorts of stuff by putting mastery rank in everything. I cant even enjoy the game, i need to farm with low level weapons to get more exp? then when can i use higher power weapons with farming MR? when im MR25?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (NSW)-Kenneth- said:

It's a F2P,farming game. Stop complaining and put the work in like everyone else. If you want everything handed to you on a platter, then play something else. 

But i want to earn warframe slots by selling riven mod, i dont want to use money in a 'F2P' game

16 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

That’s a little thing called progression. If you really are a ‘hard worker’ then put the hard work on trying out different stuff to gain more MR

Ohh i see it now, u guys thought i didnt put in the hardwork, the topic is about the warframe mastery ranks, And what is the purpose of putting blocks on trading, if you guys want to "protect' new players from trading scam, which i think warframe also have. They would not have learned it the hard way.

I guess warframe player are as salty as those other multiplayer games, i wanted to say about why the system doesnt allow new players to enjoy freedom of trading, but to restrict until later ranks, u guys thought this was a post about i didnt want to put effort for the stuff i want.

27 minutes ago, Duckyh97 said:

Ohh i see it now, u guys thought i didnt put in the hardwork, the topic is about the warframe mastery ranks, And what is the purpose of putting blocks on trading, if you guys want to "protect' new players from trading scam, which i think warframe also have. They would not have learned it the hard way.

I guess warframe player are as salty as those other multiplayer games, i wanted to say about why the system doesnt allow new players to enjoy freedom of trading, but to restrict until later ranks, u guys thought this was a post about i didnt want to put effort for the stuff i want.

your OP only mentioned trading and rivens once, and the rest was complaining about MR 

either way, gaining plat via rivens isn't the only way to gain plat by going f2p. I'm a 4 year player who never spent anything on this game and I got by in my newbie days, at one point I had 8 warframes in my foundry waiting to be claimed, it's by no means an immediate issue getting more slots 

back then, we didn't have warframe market, syndicate items, accessible mods...etc, trading now is a lot easier than it has ever been in this game 

your point in making this is that riven trading is MR locked and you can't gain plat by trading rivens. a simple answer to that is that you can gain plat by other means, which are easier and much earlier to obtain, even so, selling unveiled rivens doesn't have much profit in it 

the reasons for riven restrictions are many. it's too complicated for newbies which already have their hands full, the market for it is risky and needs experience, rivens aren't meant for newbies, they have a lot more stuff to experience and learn about first....etc

just to be clear, if you put more effort into MR then you won't be locked from trading, simple as that

7 hours ago, Duckyh97 said:

No matter how hard i tried playing this game. It doesn't reward you with hard-work every time. This game would let you farm and farm, and then throw the mastery rank at your face for fun. I am a fairly new player, i played for like two weeks. And everytime i want to do something, the mastery rank pops up, fortuna quest, crafting weapons that i already have parts for, and the one thing that triggered me the most is the trading of veiled mods you need a mr8 to trade it? Like WTF? 

As im typing this message i was thinking, do i need Mastery rank to post this message on the forum? Im scared...

I mean you can waste my time by craft a warframe for 3 days, but u cannot stop me from doing all sorts of stuff by putting mastery rank in everything. I cant even enjoy the game, i need to farm with low level weapons to get more exp? then when can i use higher power weapons with farming MR? when im MR25?

Actually, a method I find handy is getting a couple of bad weapons, then going to Hydron (Sedna) or Helene (Saturn) on a public squad and bringing nothing but that weapon. Typically levelling takes 6 Helene runs (Leaving at wave 5) or a Hydron run (15-20 waves).

I'm assuming every one of us here dealt with the system and used it to "earn" our way to our current place in the game. You are complaining about one of the most basic systems in the game because you want faster progression and that's just not how Warframe works. 

Frankly, no. You haven't put the work in yet or you would be MR 8 by now. I did it pretty quickly without too much hassle; it sucked being locked out of rivens but I knew once I was 8 I'd have them and they are not the only thing in the game to acquire. I'd dare say if you are under 8 you have no real use for rivens anyways.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I'd dare say if you are under 8 you have no real use for rivens anyways.

It took me about a year to hit 8. Mostly because I didn't care about it particularly (MR doesn't mean much) and there was little reason to actually do it (rivens and the weapons rebalance were years out). Things change, but I probably wouldn't do anything much differently if I were starting out again fresh. I've never liked trading in any game; I prefer to do things myself. You know...playing the game and all. 

Nevertheless, all those shiny tenno you see hanging around the relays and cities went through all of this. They got there. So will you (the OP)--assuming you stick to it. You've chosen an even harder path by deciding to cheap it out. Your call, but it is a harder path.

The path forwards is pretty straight forward. The only real advice that might ease it a bit is to join an active clan. Otherwise, get to work. You've lots to do. If you really don't want to do it, then the game might not be for you. Not every game is for every person. 

And one last point: there's nothing really waiting at the end of your journey. WF is very much about the journey, not the destination. You can rush through things, but you won't find much on the other side. DE does continuously add new stuff, but it's across the spectrum of gameplay. There's no meta endgame and everything is available before "you've arrived". I have nearly 5600 hours in the game and I'm doing the same thing all the rest of you are. It just takes me a little less longer than most--when I deign to do it at all. 

Honestly mastery rank is what keeps people with way to much time (and no money) from ruining the game by consuming all the content they wouldn't bother paying for if they had to anyway.

Like when I start a new game with that friend that's a loser with no job and lives off the government. 

I go to work and then come home having logged off together at the same level, only to find that friend continued to play later that night, next day and am now 2-3 days of playtime behind that other player, who will continue to so the same and be a week a head of me tomorrow....

With out mastery rank people would just do all the story missions and then delete the game after a week. 

It's trying to get you to slow down and actually PLAY the game instead of putting another notch in your achievement belt.

5 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Typically levelling takes 6 Helene runs (Leaving at wave 5) or a Hydron run (15-20 waves).

Dont do this (in Helene or hydron ), communicate with your squad and ask when to leave before you all step in the circle that starts the defense mission.  Don't take a frame and full loadout of unleveled weapons bring either a fully leveled frame that can mostly hold it's own with any weapon. Or bring a weapon that doesn't really need powers to hold it's own. If you're going to leave at 5 waves just go in solo cause that messes up the mission for the ones that needed 10-15 waves cause they are running a xp booster. You also mess up the affinity booster from having a full squad.

Edited by Dabnician

17 hours ago, Duckyh97 said:

You literally just started the game, MR is easy to gain in the first 8 ranks. Its not that hard to level up a weapon and pass a test.

17 hours ago, Duckyh97 said:

And everytime i want to do something, the mastery rank pops up, fortuna quest, crafting weapons that i already have parts for, and the one thing that triggered me the most is the trading of veiled mods you need a mr8 to trade it?

[...]

You have 70 hours in the game, and you're demanding things be handed to you on a silver platter just because they exist. Objectively speaking, nobody cares what you want to do or how you want to do it. There are so many things to learn while waiting for the foundry to print things or for things to unlock at higher mastery ranks.

What is your definition of a high-power weapon, and what knowledge of the game are you using to define them as such? And how would they benefit you - how would you "enjoy the game" more with everything just instantly unlocked?

Here's a tip, if you intend to "farm with high level weapons to get more exp", to "use higher power weapons with farming MR", then you're not gonna get much affinity for the things you're actually trying to rank up.

MR is super easy to get! Even after rank 10 it's still pretty easy! The only problem I saw when I was new was the fact that I had to sell most of the gear cuz I didn't have plat to buy slots. Tho this was easily negligible considering you get decent plat deals in WarFrame Market for Prime parts and other goodies you get from fissures (which you already have access to)!

The funny thing here is that DE is making literally everything possible to make new players feel as good as possible..literally everything! Hell they be sprinkling your behind with baby powder and handing you all of the word's delight straight out of candyland!

And for players that have reached the cap of the game and have nothing else to do..we be looking at these type of posts like "mmmhmm....yyeeaahh...are you seeing this?...check this dude out! I think he in the wrong neighbourhood or something! Not sure but I think his hat is too tight!"

9 hours ago, Dabnician said:

Dont do this (in Helene or hydron ), communicate with your squad and ask when to leave before you all step in the circle that starts the defense mission.  Don't take a frame and full loadout of unleveled weapons bring either a fully leveled frame that can mostly hold it's own with any weapon. Or bring a weapon that doesn't really need powers to hold it's own. If you're going to leave at 5 waves just go in solo cause that messes up the mission for the ones that needed 10-15 waves cause they are running a xp booster. You also mess up the affinity booster from having a full squad.

On Hydron I'll always stay until the squad leaves.

On Helene it depends on whether I have time.

And for levelling I either bring a frame and a maxed weapon or a maxed frame and weapon.

I'm levelling my Oberon with a max-rank Dread, currently. When I did my Dread I did it with my maxrank mesa.