Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Sentinel weapons are redundant. What can we suggest to fix them?

TylerFreeman

Why, oh WHY do most of these chip dmg dealing weapons have to be at such a mediocre state? And even then, their extremely low numbers doesn't help the fact they cannot benefit from even maxed mods. The only time they're worth a damn is if they have a good amount of status, leaving them as good support weapons like Artax or Stinger as an example since they can force procs.

List of good sentinel weapons

Deconstructor (Prime) - Both have a good measure of 25% status
Vulklok - Good crit chance (35%) and crit dmg along with 25% status, making it a hybrid.
Artax - Innate cold proc. That's it.
Sweeper (Prime) - At least this is the only thing with some damage to back it up. And it even has a good amount of status.
Prisma Burst Laser - It has 0 reload time, making it instant along with 10% status.
Stinger - Innate toxic dmg.

List of Sentinel weapons to disregard.

Tazicor - Lack of good status and stats prevent it from being good.
Vulcax - Extremely terrible charge time and target management with Sentinal AI. Stats are terrible and overshadowed by Vulklok. 
Multron - Terrible damage, crit chance and dmg. You get the whole sentinel package from Biz. At Old mate (Rank 5). I have no other words to type down for this.
Primed Laser Rifle - Crit chance and dmg is subpar
Artax - Once you get Cryotra, it's over.
Deth Machine Rifle - pitiful stats.

It's kind've bad that most of these items are just disappointing in practice, the exception being that, again, Status is dominant throughout these weapons.

All I just wanna see is BETTER sentinel weapons, is that so hard to ask? OR at least have the ability for us to manually strengthen the sentinel weapons so the investment would at least show and pay off.

Edited by TylerFreeman

17 minutes ago, TylerFreeman said:

And even then, they don't even get the benefits of leveling from party exp, it has to be STRICTLY dealt by your sentinel otherwise it ain't gonna level up like that.

Sentinel weapons do get party exp, just use a Sentinel instead of MOA for levelling.

Edited by Ksaero

18 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Sentinel weapons do get party exp, just use a Sentinel instead of MOA for levelling.

Wait, what.

Hold on, bout to test this.

EDIT: okay wow, that actually works.

I've been living under a rock 

Still, these weapons should not be so underclassed to being redundant mastery fodder

Edited by TylerFreeman

3 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Also Rhino buff applies within range, sentinels are always in range. A well built Rhino roar making even the worst guns good. 

I've obviously tried that before.

The results were lackluster. Not even Rhino or hell, even Nova mitigates the damage problem that sentinel weapons have.

Hmm this makes me wonder...

we got special nodes for gaining extra xp

Like Melee bonus Shotgun pistol

Maby ,, i say maby it would be an great idea for the Devs to add 1 or 2 nodes special for bonus to pets robotics sentinals

Even i think some sidekicks arn't going quick with the xp .. 

But hey its an idea that i have for an long time now .. 

8 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Sentinel weapons are ridiculously underpowered right now and basically deal no damage past level 100.

But who goes so high up there anyway.

I use my deconstructor prime with blast for cc and my artax for the cold procs.

They definitely are.

Even then, past lvl 30 even and it'd just be sentinels tickling them and I'd have to finish off the enemy on my own terms.

The only redeeming quality these things would have is IF they have a good amount of status chance. Like, the cryotra at least nets me 100% procs that both has blast AND corrosive.

Edited by TylerFreeman

deth machine rifle and sweeper prime are the only 2 decent weapons.

deth machine rifle, i use primed shread, speed trigger, serration and split chamber, with addition fo corrosive and heat dual stats mods since the slight staus bump dos help with the fire rate.

sweeper prime, also have fire rate mods and dual stats mods but its less effective at distance.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

???? Leveling sentinel weapons are super easy. I don’t know what you’re doing wrong but you’re doing it wrong

Well, pretty much yeah. The first mistakes I've been doing was bringing my moa with those sentinel weapons and thinking that I had to solo low lvl missions and let my companion do the killing was pretty much an agonizingly slow experience I put myself through. I will definitely admit that this thread I made was based upon a knee-jerk reaction and perhaps running on fumes from me being tired and all that had added onto that.

It's still weird that whenever you have a Moa with a sentinel weapon that it can't gather exp for the equipment. I'm probably guessing it could be an unintended bug or glitch until DE has to look over the details of it.

I'll probably have to change the thread title since I already know about the solution to getting exp.

hace 3 horas, BloodKitten dijo:

deth machine rifle and sweeper prime are the only 2 decent weapons.

deth machine rifle, i use primed shread, speed trigger, serration and split chamber, with addition fo corrosive and heat dual stats mods since the slight staus bump dos help with the fire rate.

sweeper prime, also have fire rate mods and dual stats mods but its less effective at distance.

I'd argue artax built for as much fire rate, zoom and puch through as possible is a pretty good cc tool and condition overload primer. It deals absolute zero for damage but it makes up for it. 

15 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why DE keep making OP weapons for us but reluctant in making sentinel weapons actually useful is beyond me.

They dont want passive afk gameplay. Before deth machine rifle nerf, that gun allow player to solo pluto infested defense. Thats tier 3 lvl.

I've always supposed the idea of sentinels is to be a crutch for new players (especially those who suck... like me!)

They help progressively less as the player works their way up the star-chart... but that shouldn't matter as the player should be improving, so they need the support less.

Eventually, by the time you're taking on sorties you should be able to stand on your own two feet and do without the sentinels... which in a sortie you mostly have to.

That hasn't stopped me slapping forma all over my sentinels and their weapons, to squeeze a bit of extra mileage out. And I *cough* wouldn't say no to a riven or two for them *cough*!

Right now I could do Earth exterminate just by trotting 'round the map while my sentinel blew all the mobs away. But if Sedna was the same, the game would just be a joke.

I think sentinels' damage-dealing and survivability are probably about where the devs want them. I don't think it's a bad place.

From how I see it, Artax and Cryotra are two completely different Sentinel weapons with two different build concepts to consider.

The Artax can guarantee Cold procs. This is an amazing utility concept where you can focus on Fire Rate, Zoom, and punchthrough mods to further extend the detection and hit range of your Sentinel. Hush is amazing on it to improve the survivability of your Sentinel so that enemies are less aware of its presence to do the dirty deed of firing this beam weapon.

Here’s my build for the Artax, it’s a very good Sentinel weapon for what it does to improve the way I like to play the game:

P10fxHo.jpg

The Cryotra, however, is not a straight buff to the Artax. Cold procs are not guaranteed but the boost to Status Chance means it bears a different application. However, the base 35% Status means that you still need to have all four dual stat mods to get it to 100% and the use of multishot does not guarantee 100% status application because of how beam weapons work (multishot on beam weapons only apply additional damage, that additional damage does not proc status no matter what the Arsenal UI shows). So, you’ll be spending four mod slots to achieve whatever elemental combo you want to achieve for 100% status application on hit and will only be left with a sparse 1-4 mod slots to mod the Cryotra to fit your Sentinel needs, be it Fire Rate, Zoom, Punchthrough, or even Hush. It has less flexibility in comparison to the Artax when it comes to utility purposes.

19 hours ago, XenMaster said:

They dont want passive afk gameplay. Before deth machine rifle nerf, that gun allow player to solo pluto infested defense. Thats tier 3 lvl.

This!

The sentinel weapons are there to help you finish wounded enemies and fend off the weakest & most numerous mobs that get to close to you, not go toe to toe with full hp bombards.

Buffing the sentinel weapon is asking for a way you can afk while your sentinel or moa kills all the enemies around you.

1 hour ago, Unholy_Ghost said:

The sentinel weapons are there to help you finish wounded enemies and fend off the weakest & most numerous mobs that get to close to you, not go toe to toe with full hp bombards.

21 hours ago, XenMaster said:

They dont want passive afk gameplay.

Very fair points and I agree. Granted, a couple of weapons could do with a slight buff but you don't want them to be TOO good. Case in point is Sweeper / Sweeper Prime which is probably a bit too good at what it does.

Anyone remember when Vulklok came out? That was stupidly broken to the point where you could walk around almost any map and barely need to fire a shot: Your Diriga would kill almost everything for you.

The only weapons I'd like to see buffed are the Laser Rifle (and Prime version). That scatter is a bit punishing. Other than that, I think most Sentinel weapons are in a good place; Able to help out in a pinch but not quite good enough to allow you to chill for a while.