Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch Graphics For Those Running Warframe on Potatoes

nokinoks

I don't know about the legal stuff between DE and Panic Button, but I'm hoping they bring switch graphics to PC, my potato runs like ass on Fortuna (2nd gen core i3 with gt 520mx laptop gpu), it's 15 to 30 fps. I know that switch graphics will probably look like ass as well on a 13 inch screen or larger but at least it's a solid 30 fps ass. 

54 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

I don't know about the legal stuff between DE and Panic Button, but I'm hoping they bring switch graphics to PC, my potato runs like ass on Fortuna (2nd gen core i3 with gt 520mx laptop gpu), it's 15 to 30 fps. I know that switch graphics will probably look like ass as well on a 13 inch screen or larger but at least it's a solid 30 fps ass. 

We already have them. Just set everything to low and your resolution scaling to 50%. That will be the lowest it can go. And screen size doesn't matter, what matters is resolution but with resolution scaling it doesn't even matter then. If it's still running with those settings, there's not much else to do.

1 hour ago, nokinoks said:

we already got those optimizations plus you can turn down most of you graphic options. Including dynamic resolution that kicks pretty often on switch.
The real problem is that you are using a PC gpu that is actually worse than switch tegra chip. That chip is not supposed to run games, maybe facebook games if those are still a thing.

Consider upgrading your pc, with like 400 bucks you can grab a far better one (not only for gaming, it would be better all around)
Fortuna introduced some things that are pretty taxing and didnt yet receive all optimizations, and still runs much better than PoE at release. eventually it will be much more playable for bottom end PCs in a couple of months

Edited by JohnKable

• i'm not sure how much the assets for Switch will help you, with the Switchs' Tegra X1 being an estimated twice the performance of the one in your Notebook, and the Switch doesn't always hold 720p30 as it is.
    • and if they're really much different from turning everything low/off anyways.
  • any optimizations made for anything in Warframe, will be applied to all Platforms, no worries.
  • the bottleneck on your Notebook is both CPU and GPU, so you'll be waiting for a lot of extra Optimizations not just one aspect (it's actually hard to decide if your CPU or GPU is the weaker link, it's a tough call there.
Edited by taiiat

4 hours ago, nokinoks said:

Just get a switch or PS4 dude.