General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Orb Vallis auto mission failure after 5 deaths

Abysspurnyan

I went to farm vega toroids as I had both a 3-day resource booster and a daily tribute drop chance booster running. Over the course of the mission I used up my revives and half of the team was at their last revive as well. I told them to extract, which they did, but at extraction I got presented with the mission failure sound and the red fx effect in the middle of the screen looping. I got none of the rewards, while the rest of the team was fine. Afterwards I went back on my own and had my abilities block out permanently and thus as most people do, I get myself killed so that I could clear that bug.
The game immediately prompted me with mission failure even though I only died once. I tested this some more and it seems that this mission failure bug carries over once if you go into Orb Vallis solo. I probably won't have to hope to get that dozen o vega toroids back, but thought it'd be best to warn people not to use up all revives.Mission_failure_bug.png

Edited by Abysspurnyan
typo

A similar problem happened to Cetus, Plains of Eidolon. This problem only happens when the hosting player have 5 deaths with no more lives left. Were you the host of number 1 white circle?

Return to orbiter to reset this bug and stop it from happening with less then 5 deaths. 

Yes I was the host, you can also see it in the top picture as I have no latency displayed. I reproduced this bug afterwards with a friend and it was consistent.
This effect carried over to the next trip to Orb Vallis when solo, dying once resulted in the mission failing. Going back again once more resulted in normal deaths.

• 2 years later...

This bug still exists 4/30/2021 - I found it unfortunately after farming Vega Toroids and had collected 10 with one friend in a friends only lobby. The Mission Failed animations and sound effects played twice while also producing a mission results board void of all loot I had collected. We Tried Again. 13 Toroids later - Mission failed and no increase to my inventory. Very frustrating.