Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation + Arcane Guardian on squishy frames?

Sigma-118

Question

Anyone know how well these two would work on a squishy frame? Im hoping to make them (them being any squishy frame) relatively tanky. Not super tanky or anything but you know. At least being able to take a few hits from 80+ enemies. I will most likely also be running with Vitality.

So how well do you think it would work?

8 answers to this question

The thing about Adaptation is that frames that equip it must have some form of damage resistance, and yes, Arcane Guardian can give you that, but on super squishy frames such as Mag and Banshee, attacks at levels 80+ will bring you down to low health really quickly regardless of Arcane Guardian. You might want to bring some form of consistent health recovery if you try out this strategy - a Furis, Hema (if you're good at headshots), or Hirudo (if you're willing to take the risk of getting super close to enemies) will work well with this strategy. 

13 minutes ago, -CM-Zenshadow said:

The thing about Adaptation is that frames that equip it must have some form of damage resistance, and yes, Arcane Guardian can give you that, but on super squishy frames such as Mag and Banshee, attacks at levels 80+ will bring you down to low health really quickly regardless of Arcane Guardian. You might want to bring some form of consistent health recovery if you try out this strategy - a Furis, Hema (if you're good at headshots), or Hirudo (if you're willing to take the risk of getting super close to enemies) will work well with this strategy. 

Oh no worries about that. Forgot to mention in OP but I got 2 full sets of Magus Elevate. So I got super good healing no matter what.

It depends on content you expect to run. If you're doing high level endless it's just not going to work. Adaptation is great, but frame armor only goes so far. You're looking to top out at sortie level as eventually you'll be downed far faster than adaptation can preserve you.

3 hours ago, Eathian said:

It depends on content you expect to run. If you're doing high level endless it's just not going to work. Adaptation is great, but frame armor only goes so far. You're looking to top out at sortie level as eventually you'll be downed far faster than adaptation can preserve you.

Never had to bother with long endless runs, I still have plenty of stuff to farm for so ive yet to feel the need to go endurance runs, pushing my frames and weapons to the limit and all that jazz. So yeah I think itll turn out fine.

Both require you take hits to activate, and with squishy frames (e.g. Banshee, Ember) you're normally playing to avoid hits, so they're unlikely to be active when it counts. I find they're best on moderately tough frames with healing (could be on the weapon) that tend to be in the thick of things and can expect constant hits - like Saryn, Trinity, Garuda, or Oberon built for melee.

Edited by schilds