Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Half of Tombfinger's damage is locked into its AoE

continue

On 2018-11-25 at 2:20 PM, Asphyxiants said:

Imagine going into this much depth rather than just playing and enjoying the game.

Perhaps this is this person's way of enjoying them game. Imagine being so close minded that you couldn't fathom people enjoying the game in a way that isn't the same as yours. 

1 hour ago, continue said:

this is so bizarre. the first time i've seen someone unironically call someone else a nerd in 10 years and it's on a forum for a videogame lol.

anyways making a new PSA about how catchmoon's pax seeker does not receive headshot multipliers

It's so bizarre that my off handed comment, made with no malice, has triggered a load of people enough to derail your thread. Sorry about that. 😞

3 hours ago, continue said:

anyways making a new PSA about how catchmoon's pax seeker does not receive headshot multipliers

Ive been testing and can confirm, still a lot of things for pax seeker damage calculation are still inconsistent for me.

we know it’s base 50-50, we know base depends on weapon damage, we know it gets buffed by mods, multishot seems to buff it somehow too. But still having nonlinear resuls 

6 hours ago, Asphyxiants said:

It's so bizarre that my off handed comment, made with no malice, has triggered a load of people enough to derail your thread. Sorry about that. 😞

no worries! i understand how speaking without much thought can result in poor word choice that makes it sound like you're telling people how to enjoy the game. i have to edit my posts for clarity all the time. it's not like this was a discussion thread anyways; i can still answer questions people may have about the details regardless of the state of the thread. we should all just let bygones be bygones

4 hours ago, JohnKable said:

Ive been testing and can confirm, still a lot of things for pax seeker damage calculation are still inconsistent for me.

we know it’s base 50-50, we know base depends on weapon damage, we know it gets buffed by mods, multishot seems to buff it somehow too. But still having nonlinear resuls 

when you say nonlinear, do you mean the way pax seeker scales with base weapon damage, or with mods, or both? i haven't gotten around to mods yet, but i've been seeing something similar with base damage. my rattleguts/gibber with 22 Base Damage has a 30 base damage Pax Seeker, but tombfinger/haymaker with 180 BD only has a 130 PS, yet catchmoon/haymaker with 460 BD has a 460 PS. those are the only guns i've gilded so far, but it already just looks weird

17 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

Anyone that's built one of these and gilded and upgraded it knows something ain't right. Something that requires more time and grinding should be better than anything from the market. Otherwise what's the point of the grind?

then you made the wrong one.  the tombfinger is an excellent gun even with the cheaper parts build damage and crit and it will destroy your enemies.  mine is a very helpful on valis as it is better against the mini-bosses than most of my primaries

On 2018-11-26 at 6:14 AM, continue said:

searching tombfinger topics didn't show this posted anywhere else, so here are my findings using a tombfinger/slapneedle/haymaker bodyshots vs generic crewman shields

C7zg4.png

its pax seeker also seems to do less damage than i'd expect, but i'll need to do more testing on that to see if my expected damage is actually accurate first

I have noticed this aswell. The damage on this gun seems a little off to what is advertised. For a single target weapon that is doing only half of the damage to the target, is a fail. So this cannot be a single target dps weapon. For this to be a aoe weapon, that splashes FORWARD, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as most players usually shoot the target in-front of them, not the target behind the immediate target. In that aspect, this chamber is a fail. Im quite perplexed as to the actual function of this chamber. Right now the only role that this chamber fits unequivocally is MR fodder role. This chamber needs a long hard rework. This mechanic of splitting damage smells like a rehash of the Phahd scaffold saga, and that scaffold lost popularity quick fast.

Edited by tychondus