Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar vs Paracesis

(PSN)King-Ballor

Question

Hello so I have been using Umbras weapon for ages, because I just didnt have any better, I overall did not stressed melee that much, mainly because I got to such things like arca plasmor and sudenly nothing was problem, but now I would like to get something better. Two options emerged, first is zenistar, im like week from 100 days login reward and with new system I could pick this one up, second option is Pracesis which bp I got from chimera, but maaan 1000 ducats, I have just 80 and not much prime stuff, soo heavy grind would be needed. My question is should I grind for paracesis and pick different weapon for login reward or should I just get zenistar and leave para  for some later time in the unspecified future. Noted I dont know much about either weapon I just heard they are fairly good, thats all.

18 answers to this question

Grind for ducats to get Paracesis, it is extremely good.

Zenistar I don't know what all the fuss is about but I find the weapon to be pure garbage and the only use it has is the AoE disc. The weapon is extremely slow, stats are bad, bad bad. Skip Zenistar unless you want it just for its "special" mechanic which ain't bad but ain't nothing that great either.

I'd go with Zenith, it's an actually good assault rifle or even the Azima as a secondary, also decent.

Just my two cents.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Acersecomic:

Grind for ducats to get Paracesis, it is extremely good.

Zenistar I don't know what all the fuss is about but I find the weapon to be pure garbage and the only use it has is the AoE disc. The weapon is extremely slow, stats are bad, bad bad. Skip Zenistar unless you want it just for its "special" mechanic which ain't bad but ain't nothing that great either.

I'd go with Zenith, it's an actually good assault rifle or even the Azima as a secondary, also decent.

Just my two cents.

The whole point of the Zenistar is to use the floating disc, Sherlock. It opens up a lot of possiblities of how you can control the battlefield.

A pure status build with Condition Overload melts through everything. Paracesis is obviously the better weapon if you want a pure melee weapon. But I was never a fan of melee weapons. The Zenistar fits my playstyle a lot more.

Oh and also. The Azima is utter garbage for everything above level 50. Zenith should be your choice if you don't want the Zenistar.

Edited by Karu-QW

2 hours ago, Karu-QW said:

The whole point of the Zenistar is to use the floating disc, Sherlock. It opens up a lot of possiblities of how you can control the battlefield.

A pure status build with Condition Overload melts through everything. Paracesis is obviously the better weapon if you want a pure melee weapon. But I was never a fan of melee weapons. The Zenistar fits my playstyle a lot more.

Oh and also. The Azima is utter garbage for everything above level 50. Zenith should be your choice if you don't want the Zenistar.

I have a nice riven for my Azima, and I'd agree that's the only reason it's usable. With that riven and 4 forma, it's quite good though. I was a bit disappointed the disposition was lowered recently, but it didn't really affect the riven that much thankfully. The minus fire rate is actually a good thing. 

RdBldUG.jpg

Edited by Kebast

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Karu-QW:

condition overload is usless for the disc though~

azima is not utter garbage. with the right riven it is far superior to akstiletto p with the only one being still better being prisma twin gremlins, +/- depending on the individual riven. if u dont include rivens, ur thing, but generally speaking azima is everything but garbage.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Kebast:

I have a nice riven for my Azima, and I'd agree that's the only reason it's usable. With that riven and 4 forma, it's quite good though. I was a bit disappointed the disposition was lowered recently, but it didn't really affect the riven that much thankfully

depends really on the riven as u said. mine beats all comparable 2ndaries aside from the mentioned prisma twin gremlins. agree on the disposition nerf. it wasnt really a lot so its not really worth mentioning but it didnt really need a nerf of any form.

The two weapons are not really comparable. Zenistar can be a melee weapon but that's not it's main value. It's value is in it's utility when you're not using melee since melee in it's current state is more or less an all or nothing situation due to combo counter dependency.

The Zenistar Disc itself can synergize with your current loadouts by adding free elemental status effects you would not normally have. It can also be used to CC enemies. Viral + Heat, Corrosive + Blast, Gas + Cold, Viral + Rad. It will proc these constantly in it's area of effect. One of the better synergy setups I've had with Zenistar was a Viral + Heat build with Corrosive + Blast Pox on Nidus. Armor stripped enemies with half health and triple CC'd taking 180k per stomp. It is mostly a campy weapon but has value outside endurance runs. If you're doing a mobile Defense it will protect the objective. If you're doing a Sorties survival you can grab a stealth frame and half AFK till it's over.

Paracesis is a "To be continued..." weapon. It's already outclassed by Gram Prime and doesn't really offer much until it's +60% Sentient bonus comes into play. It's a good heavy blade but I just put 5 Forma in mine and didn't even potato it. Not sure you even have to by 5 Forma anyways.

Zenistar and Paracesis share nothing in common.

Zenistar is all about the Disc, Paracesis.... is waiting for Sentients that are relevant to use it on.
technically there's no reason to use Paracesis at the moment compared to other Melee Weapons in the same Heavy Melee Category. there's more powerful option(s) there for non-Sentient Enemies.

all in all, Zenistar shares nothing in common with any other Melee Weapon. the nature of that disc is a totally different ballgame from anything else. it's an outstanding Support Weapon, if you want that.

if you don't want that, i'd suggest away from Paracesis anyways as it currently doesn't have anything to provide that other Melee Weapons do not (unless you just really gotta have it for Cosmetics reasons but whatever).
for example, you can't go wrong with any of these Melee Weapons. choices are whatever can perform very well while not requiring any very special mods to work, and assuming no Rivens.
eQeFwTr.png

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Zenistar and Paracesis share nothing in common.

Zenistar is all about the Disc, Paracesis.... is waiting for Sentients that are relevant to use it on.
technically there's no reason to use Paracesis at the moment compared to other Melee Weapons in the same Heavy Melee Category. there's more powerful option(s) there for non-Sentient Enemies.

all in all, Zenistar shares nothing in common with any other Melee Weapon. the nature of that disc is a totally different ballgame from anything else. it's an outstanding Support Weapon, if you want that.

if you don't want that, i'd suggest away from Paracesis anyways as it currently doesn't have anything to provide that other Melee Weapons do not (unless you just really gotta have it for Cosmetics reasons but whatever).
for example, you can't go wrong with any of these Melee Weapons. choices are whatever can perform very well while not requiring any very special mods to work, and assuming no Rivens.
eQeFwTr.png

Silva & Aegis Prime, Sigma & Octantis, Nami Skyla Prime, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Gazal Machete, Kreska, Secura Lecta, and Sarpa are all fairly egregious omissions but otherwise, yes, this is a very good list.

...still can't believe they classed the Pupacyst a Polearm instead of a Staff, though.

18 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Silva & Aegis Prime, Sigma & Octantis, Nami Skyla Prime, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Gazal Machete, Kreska, Secura Lecta, and Sarpa are all fairly egregious omissions but otherwise, yes, this is a very good list.

...still can't believe they classed the Pupacyst a Polearm instead of a Staff, though.

i was excluding things that are usurped by others in their class, ergo Nami Skyla Prime, Prisma Cleavers, and Kamas Prime are out because Dual Keres blow all of them out of the water. i technically should have also excluded Twin Krohkur too.

since i did include some Melee Weapons that can be outclassed by other Categories i probably should've included a couple Sword/Shield as well, yeah. probably just Sigma though, in retrospect of me trying to focus on just the highest overall performers. (not to say that Silva Prime doesn't perform well but it's outclassed since it has less Damage Types available to fuel Condition Overload)

you and me both - Pupacyst makes sense as a Staff, and pointless as a Polearm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty sure PDC are still the best Dual swords.

Flat DPS Dual Keres look better but after Bleed DPS it looks more like 85k Vs 76k with 2 status active, 3 berserk at 3.5x combo. Keres are pulling around 33.5k Bleed DPS while PDC are pulling 56k including Viral's doubling Bleed effect.

That 14% base status really hurts them though they would be the best for killing Infested and close enough on Corpus. I would have to throw Forma in them to get a live TTK but on paper they don't seem better.

Well... you may have two obvious options, but Zenistar is gimmicky and you're not going to have an actual melee weapon.

Paracesis is one of the better melee weapons. But, for a lot less grind you can get a lot better melee in the form of a zaw.

Ultimately, your choise of melee weapon doesn't matter much as long as it can support a CO (over 20% status), BR (over 15% crit) or hybrid build and has some range and decent speed.

The fact that you are thinking of a better melee weapon would make me suggest Paracesis as Zenistar is a pretty terrible weapon to use as a melee.

That said there are plenty of good melee weapons you can get much more easily and Zenistar does shine when using the disc. Yes it is a gimmick but it is very effective at locking down parts of a map or entry points in defence missions as a couple of others have said above. I'm pretty much always carrying it for defence missions.

So, if you want offensive melee go for Paracesis and if you want defensive go Zenistar.

Thank you I gues I will take zenistar, postpone para for now and if Zeni will be too gimicky to me, which im not sure as I said I dont really stress melee, that could however change with melee 3.0, but so far I gues zeni will be better suited and I can allways craft something other from that list you gave me thanks.

Paracesis for me. I was resoundly underwhelmed by Zenistar, to be honest. Granted, I don't have Condition Overload. I would say that if you like to solo defense objectives go Zeni. Otherwise, the Paracesis is lovely.

I have a nice Plague Kiprath Zaw I built: it gets left in the orbiter. Granted, it'd probably sing with 5 forma invested, so ymmv.

But I'm quite happy with my Sentient Slayer.

Edited by Killstring
Typo

I think anyone who does a lot of long survival runs where the enemy levels get well beyond 200 knows how useful the zenistar is. It is a very important weapon to have when setting up for a super long run.

I don't see what the big deal is with the paracesis. Yes, it has a lot of mod capacity once fully leveled, but the stats are ok at best. I would compare it to a bad galatine prime. Gram prime > Galatine prime > paracesis. It might come in handy in a future content update, but even still, it's a niche weapon.

Edited by plasmox