Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we make modular weapons more.... modular?

Betsill

Example of lack of creativity is that the Splat is by far the best general purpose Loader, especially since the 'Crit Rating' of the Loader also affects it's multiplier and not just its chance, you get far more bang for your buck leaning crit than Status. Particularly since, once gilded, you still have a base 15% status chance which is plenty for a weapon line up with no slash bias imo. The handful of status/element mods you'd want to use if you were going to add secondary statuses still get you to 20-30%, which, with even a humble fire rate of 5 a second, generally means you're maintaining your criticals or stacking on your corrosive in a decent amount of time. (If you're using side arms to stack corrosive. I'm crazy and would probably do like Gas/Magnetic/Radiation triple builds, or just double down the Rad in Rad/Viral.)

vor 14 Stunden schrieb TARINunit9:

This could theoretically make sense for Kitguns, since they're glorified power tools and it is possible in real life to disassemble and customize them. This does not really make sense for Zaws due to a concept called forge-welding. Once you hand your Zaw parts over to Hok, he's not just tieing them together with string, he's forging them together

Nothing against you, but i simply love it when people use real-life mechanics (or realism in general) in games like Warframe (!!!) as a reason for (bad excecuted) game features 😀

We might explain maybe 1% of Warframes mechanics will real-life mechanics, but 99% would need a rework then because they dont make sense ^^

Please explain then how a small snap hook (link) thats simply dangling on the weapon somewhere has the potential to determine if a weapon is great or trash, just with logic and real life mechanics. I think you would have a hard time 😉 You might explain this with ingame lore (although we dont have much lore told in cetus anyway), and i am 100% sure DE would figure out a way to give us the option to dissemble the weapons that works with lore.

Also, lets be real, half of the Warframe lore is told by Steve in a random Devstream or so anyway. Everything about Orb Vallis and why it looks the way it does was told by him in a Devstream, we dont have an IngameQuest that gives us the information about the whole terraforming process. So, make a Devstream, let Steve talk about how Hok learned to make Zaws modular - done^^

Yes, there should be some costs associated with reassembling the weapon (some CetusWisps, some standing) and maybe even add a timer like 24hours before you can do it again so we cannot simply switch out the parts before each mission.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb 16Bitman:

It was originally planned to work this way, that's why there's this whole gilding system in the game.

At some point before releasse DE scrapped the option to take your ungilded weapons apart again but left ranking it up twice to gain mastery in. 

If this a true, this was truly a great "compormise". Remove the benefit of a system but leave the annoying part in the game...

If they never make them modular, at least remove the gilding nonsense..

2 hours ago, Eisdschungel said:

Already happened. You can find minmaxed zaw builds for pretty much every weapon class on the internet.  Giving People the Choice to adapt their weapon to their own playstyle would just widen the zaw meta. The ideal powercreeps are already well know

A calculator does not equate actual gameplay. It's not only stats that players often misread, there are also stances, general feel of the weapon type...etc.

I'd like the possibility to switch parts, but there should be a cost for switching around or some kind of a lock in mechanic so this could be controlled. Because it's first this, then different "loadouts" for zaws, followed by the death of the rest of the melee weapons.

5 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Nothing against you, but i simply love it when people use real-life mechanics (or realism in general) in games like Warframe (!!!) as a reason for (bad excecuted) game features 😀

We might explain maybe 1% of Warframes mechanics will real-life mechanics, but 99% would need a rework then because they dont make sense ^^

Well since I made my post I remembered that threaded tangs exist, you could have countered with that. But also:

5 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Please explain then how a small snap hook (link) thats simply dangling on the weapon somewhere has the potential to determine if a weapon is great or trash

After watching a lot of Skullagrim, I wouldn't be surprised at all. If it screws up your edge-alignment, that could actually impact your crit chance, both in-game and IRL