Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment 2.0

Liquidushime

Yes, please?

As of right now augments are one of four things:

1. Garbage (Element frames add their element to your weapons? Great for trolling.)

2. Useable (Regen Molt should be radial.) Gara Shards augment?

3. The only way to make a frame more useful (Mag/Titania -- I know she's got more to offer, but this is for the sake of the point.) 

4. UBER GOD OP (Nidus is a god, his augment makes him even more godly.) Stomp Augment? 

We need more variety for one and less band-aid. I know Rebecca loves her spreadsheets, how about the most used augments? I bet I know the top ten! 

Bad augments need some love and good augments should be the goal. Change a frame just a bit with a good augment makes that frame more fun.

Edit: My bad, I can't count.

Edited by Liquidushime

19 minutes ago, Liquidushime said:

1. Garbage (Element frames add their element to your weapons? Great for trolling.)

2. Useable (Regen Molt should be radial.) Gara Shards augment?

2. The only way to make a frame more useful (Mag/Titania -- I know she's got more to offer, but this is for the sake of the point.) 

3. UBER GOD OP (Nidus is a god, his augment makes him even more godly.) Stomp Augment? 

Sorry, i couldnt take this seriously, specially considering you repeated 2 twice.

1 - How can Adding flat out damage to your weapons and attacks be considered trolling?

2 - Why should Regenerative Molt be radial? You dont lose the effect if move away from the Molt nor if it is destroyed before the effect ends.

2 (3) - Mag and Titania are already very useful, Mag specially. Titania may need some changes to her kit but she is in no way useless. If you have trouble playing these frames, its your fault, not the lack of augments.
3 (4) - Insatiable may make it easier for Nidus to stack up damage but it doesnt make him immortal if the difficulty gets too hight. There are other frames out there with more survivability than him.

51 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Sorry, i couldnt take this seriously, specially considering you repeated 2 twice.

1 - How can Adding flat out damage to your weapons and attacks be considered trolling?

Although I don't really care about the other points, and I haven't come across anyone in pugs trolling with their first ability augmented, it can be used to screw up status proc chances and/or damage types since it mixes with primary elements. This is a moot point in pre-mades, since they are pre-mades, but in pugs, people typically go for self-sufficiency since you don't know what the other players will come across, so you have your own "self reliant build", you already have your proc weights set and damage types. If someone has corrosive and cold, then ember coming in adding fire to it will make it corrosive and blast, chomping 50% against ferrite armor and taking out the 25% bonus and bypass on alloy, as well as screwing up corrosive procs. Chances are, the person trolling with this will have garbage power strength.

And I say that because of the possibility, like I said, I haven't seen this being done in pugs. I can only relate with this since I've gotten crapped on by other players with growing power or power donation ruining fast or neutral nova builds. So it is possible to alter other people's build with these augments, just like you can with auras. For pre-mades this is irrelevant, since well, they are "pre-made", if you don't coordinate beforehand and throughout you may as well be running a pug. If you are running these mods for your own companions, etc, this doesn't really apply.

That is just answering the question, I don't really agree with his point that these are "great for trolling" or that they are garbage.

Edited by nms.

Note: I can't multi quote~

Okay, so not garbage, but as a person who plays mostly public, annoying. 

Also, Mag needs tweaks. Tell me WITHOUT any augments, what can she do? Titania has "survivability" but her buffs, and her kit need a ton more tweaks. Also, it was more pointed toward her Razorwing Blitz. She can gain speed by spamming powers. Her power are great CC wise, but they are worth using next to a frame with godly CC. I don't want them OP, I want them on par without augments.

The element augment are garbage. Would you give up a slot for one? I didn't think so.  Removing them and having them as a feature on their respective frames would be a QoL adjustment. I have Nidus, And I solo Kuva Survival for at least 2-3 Hours with a worthy weapon without a care in the world. He IS a god. With the augment, I can just 4 + 1 and I'll stay living for eons. 2 and 3 make it even harder to hurt him. But thins isn't about augments, it's about the fact that augments are suppose to change a little something and make frames more fun and variable, not make weak into useful and OP into Unfathomable. 

Think of everything I say without premade groups.

37 minutes ago, Liquidushime said:

Also, Mag needs tweaks. Tell me WITHOUT any augments, what can she do? 

Massive amounts of CC from Pull, Magnetize and Crush

Stripping Shields and Armor with her Polarize

Magnetize goes boom and kills literally everything with 6 digit damage numbers

We totally need better augments for the most part! Also we need a special augment slot mod (like the exilus slot) for each frame! Just to give our builds a bit more of that sugar spice and everything nice!

So basically how I see augments is:
1)Hot-Water-Trash pls fix (Valkyr's Swing Line - I won't even dignify this mod with an explanation!)

2)"Meh" at best (adding Element dmg)

3)Usable and Actually Helpful (Gara's Mending Splinters - Allows gara to heal allies while they have the dmg reduction buff)

4)Absolute staples that actually feel like they should be integrated into the kit of the frame (Ash's Seeking Shuriken - removes enemies armor)

5)Amazing but are not mandatory to make the frame great! (Equinox's Duality - creates a specter from one of your forms that basically destroys everything with the right weapon)

Banshee on the other hand is a perfect example on how every augment can be super good (like amazingly good) but you still don't need any of them to make Banshee good in general! This is how augments should really be!

Now a lot of these unusable mods will actually be pretty good...if we had some more mechanics in the game that will require us to use them! So :P here I go again with the "we need more mechanics in the game to make it more diverse" statement! But how can I not mention it considering it lies in the root of almost every problem in WF!

The problem is that virtually every single augment has the ability to offer a different approach to their frame's playstyle or offer an entirely different playstyle.

Just because an augment seems useless to someone doesn't mean it's useless to everyone else.

Same goes for "good/godly" augments, just because they seem good to some people doesn't mean everyone else sees them as good or even wants to use them.