Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

Chains of Harrow can be considered one of the hardest quests in the game. It starts off easy, but as soon as you have to capture Rell's manifestations, it gets significantly harder. Chains of harrow is also referred to by some players as pains of harrow because of its difficulty. As if capturing Rell's manifestations once wasn't hard, you have to do it THREE TIMES. While capturing the manifestations, you are chased by infested, fanatics, and rell himself. I have four suggestions. Either remove the quest as a requirement for the apostasy prologue, remove the fanatics and infested (keep Rell to balance the horror and difficulty), make the quest co-op (this would be so much better), or postpone all enemy spawns (except Rell) until extraction is availible. This quest is a great idea, and everybody wants to learn the lore, but nobody wants harrow when we could just be getting better frames. The best option, in my opinion, is to make the quest co-op. One person could fend off the infestation and red veil fanatics while the other weakens the manifestation. To keep difficulty up, the group size could be reduced to two players so that others will not get carried. I've heard from experienced players that this is the hardest quest, and experiencing it myself, I agree with them.

Speaking as a mostly solo player who has bumbled about the star chart for 3 years and not even hit MR 11 yet I think I can safely say I'm not the best player around, yet had no trouble with this quest at all. I found it harder to complete 5 minutes of Mot so I could do the quest if I'm honest.

• Like 2

I pretty much disagree with all of this i thought the quest was too easy.

13 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

but nobody wants harrow

Exactly, who in their right mind would want a frame that gives unlimited energy, heals, temporary invincibility, massive bonus's to crit and excellent crowd control.

• Like 2

Personally speaking as a middle of the road player at best I found actually doing the Chains of Harrow quest wasn't that difficult as long as you bring a frame and weapons that your comfortable using. The hard part I found was farming the parts afterwards, especially the systems on defection missions. The rng for it's drops being what they were it was the most annoying I've ever done. It's not that it's a bad mission but the effort involved to get to round 8 (which was in rotation c I believe) and not getting the drop after who knows how many times can be frustrating at best and makes me want to take a swan dive of the tower of the Unum in Cetus at worst.

3 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

What frame did u use

Just wondering

Have you visited Cetus and spoken with The Quills?

What made this a challenge for me was on xbox i did chains of the harrow with my default amp because i skipped over doing cetus in order to clear out the star chart. i completely forgot about the quills while doing the quest.

12 minutes ago, Dabnician said:

Have you visited Cetus and spoken with The Quills?

What made this a challenge for me was on xbox i did chains of the harrow with my default amp because i skipped over doing cetus in order to clear out the star chart. i completely forgot about the quills while doing the quest.

I have visited the quills and gotten an amp but Rell is always rapidly draining my health and shield. He is always drawn to my warframe while I'm in tenno form. Does he take out the whole bar or is there a set amount of damage?

18 minutes ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

I have visited the quills and gotten an amp but Rell is always rapidly draining my health and shield. He is always drawn to my warframe while I'm in tenno form. Does he take out the whole bar or is there a set amount of damage?

Are you using kinetic siphon traps? the same ones you use for capturing syndicate targets? cause all you do is drop one and he floats up in the air, you shoot him a couple of times and he runs away, then when he starts to get close again you drop another one. Rinse/Repeat.

Get a hek,  Hell's Chamber, Accelerated Blast and scattered justice, pop the trap and rell goes down pretty quickly.

4 hours ago, Dabnician said:

Are you using kinetic siphon traps? the same ones you use for capturing syndicate targets? cause all you do is drop one and he floats up in the air, you shoot him a couple of times and he runs away, then when he starts to get close again you drop another one. Rinse/Repeat.

Get a hek,  Hell's Chamber, Accelerated Blast and scattered justice, pop the trap and rell goes down pretty quickly.

Thx for the tips. If I MR up I can get the tigris. Should I use that instead? Also, I am using kinetic traps. It seems that if I try to shoot a manifestation while it's not trapped, it doesen't do damage, and if you run out of traps, the mission ends with failure.

4 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

f I MR up I can get the tigris. Should I use that instead?

I would recommend something with a high rate of fire and good dps but that what I like to use. The tigris is a good shotgun but has a long reload time and the kinetic traps only last so long before running out. Naturally this all comes down to your own personal preference and play-style.

19 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

You're all on pc. Try playing it MR 6 on console. Yes, I'm MR 6 and on sedna.

Fun fact: you can reach Sedna as soon as you unlock the first part of the Void zone and get taxi'd to one of the node that is tied to Sedna. Of course, doing the junction is another thing. I'm not saying that's what you did, I'm just saying that being MR6 and on Sedna isn't all that unusual, be it on console or PC. However, if you got there as fast as you could, no matter the method used, chances are you're going to get torn apart by ennemies due to the lack of weapon/mods/warframes, not to mention the torture that quests can be whilst undergeared.

I didn't find the part you're struggling on difficult at all, but I've got quite a lot of wasted hours spent farming, forma'ing, and modding.

IIRC, the frame I used was Rhino since its Iron Skin and stomp abilities can come handy when you need to take care of Rell's emotions. As for the weapons used, I probably had Soma Prime (MR7) or Vaykor Hek (MR12) as a primary, Akstiletto Prime (MR10) or Brakk (MR6), and Orthos Prime (MR2) or Atterax (MR2).

Just naming them is kind of irrelevant since the builds I'm using on them are costly and require at the very least a good amount of formas. On top of that and without talking about MR locks, two of them are vaulted, and one of them (Brakk) is a pain to farm now that raids are gone.

If anything, regular Hek would be a nice primary for you since it's MR4 and is actually better than Vaykor Hek as long as you slap its syndicate mod on it, and as long as we aren't talking about a Vaykor Hek build that has Primed Ravage on it. Atomos would be a good sidearm. Melee weapons are far more tied to what mods you have and don't have (looking at you, Blood Rush, Condition Overload), so I'll refrain to mention any. Hell, I wasn't asked to mention anything in the first place.

Anyway. Keep on grinding Tenno. Sooner than you think, you'll find yourself facerolling all kinds of content, wondering why you struggled in the first place.

12 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

Also, I am using kinetic traps. It seems that if I try to shoot a manifestation while it's not trapped, it doesen't do damage, and if you run out of traps, the mission ends with failure.

honestly i have so many kinetic traps by mr 5 or 6 that i always go into a mission with the full amount, i think its 25 or 100 i cant remember off the top of my head. same with scanners of normal and syndicate type.

23 hours ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

You're all on pc. Try playing it MR 6 on console. Yes, I'm MR 6 and on sedna.

the only real difference between pc and console is the controller input and as of last week you can use a keyboard and mouse on xbox 1.

In fact i flip flop between XB1 and PC all the time and i use the exact same controller/headset except i swap out my xbox 1 for my laptop. everything is almost the same except the windows key works.

If i were you i would just sick the rest of that mission until later and go level up a bit more. honestly you just need the traps and a good weapon cause when rell runs to you, you pop a trap.

Edited by Dabnician

4 hours ago, Redeye said:

Fun fact: you can reach Sedna as soon as you unlock the first part of the Void zone and get taxi'd to one of the node that is tied to Sedna. Of course, doing the junction is another thing. I'm not saying that's what you did, I'm just saying that being MR6 and on Sedna isn't all that unusual, be it on console or PC. However, if you got there as fast as you could, no matter the method used, chances are you're going to get torn apart by ennemies due to the lack of weapon/mods/warframes, not to mention the torture that quests can be whilst undergeared.

The nodes of the void are all separated into three sections and you can only reach mot from sedna. not so fun fact

1 hour ago, (XB1)FineSquirrel27 said:

The nodes of the void are all separated into three sections and you can only reach mot from sedna. not so fun fact

Four sections. They're separated into four sections. One tied to Phobos that you can unlock early on without even having to rank up your mastery, one to Eurpoa, one to Neptune and one to Sedna.

get taxi'd to one of the node that is tied to Sedna

That's once you unlock Phobos and at least one node in the Void that's tied to it. I've been helping some newcomers lately, so unless it's been modified around a week ago or less, it's still a thing. Actually, since you're on XB1, no matter what, it's still a thing on your build.

Again, I'm not saying that's what you did and even if it was the case it wouldn't really matter. Actually I know you didn't to that since you wouldn't have access to the Chains of Harrow if you unlocked Sedna from the Void. One can't do them backwards.

Read it as a "the more you know" fact if you don't find that fun. Or even just a fact. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm kind of off topic here ain't I.

Edited by Redeye
added XB1 part

Is there a way to instantly place the selected gear on console? It would make kinetic traps less of a pain to place

I wouldn't know about that, unfortunately. If you're playing Rhino with a good build though, you'll get all the time you want to select the trap and place it.

Edited by Redeye
because I can.

• 2 weeks later...