Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to Pause game in Solo mode

(NSW)Freeloader

Game does not pause when you press + and enter menu. (most of the time, see below)

Pause only seems to work in Solo mode if you log into game in Solo mode (or logged out last session while in Solo mode). When entering any online mode (like Public, Friends, Invite) and then back to Solo, the pause functionality stops working.

It looks like the game doesn’t properly register offline mode if it was in online mode before. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. - if Solo mode, select Public matchmaking mode

2. - select Solo mode

3. - enter any mission

4. - press + (start button on switch)

Seems like an easy fix to me, hope it helps out!

Edited by (NSW)Freeloader
clarification
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (NSW)Freeloader said:

Yeah, would love the sleep and resume functionality (in Solo mode). Was disappointed when I tried it out, only to return me back to the ship and cancel my mission progress.

I was playing D3 on my switch just before Warframe and they did a great job with sleep mode in D3. They even allow offline seasonal character play (you just have to be online when you log in). It would be awesome to see the same thing with Warframe. Being able to put your switch down at any time without losing progress is one of the main reasons to play on the switch. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m loving Warframe and am so glad it is on the switch!

Le 25/11/2018 à 22:11, (NSW)Freeloader a dit :

Game does not pause when you press + and enter menu. (most of the time, see below)

Pause only seems to work in Solo mode if you log into game in Solo mode (or logged out last session while in Solo mode). When entering any online mode (like Public, Friends, Invite) and then back to Solo, the pause functionality stops working.

It looks like the game doesn’t properly register offline mode if it was in online mode before.  

Steps to reproduce:

1. - if Solo mode, select Public matchmaking mode

2. - select Solo mode

3. - enter any mission

4. - press + (start button on switch)

Seems like an easy fix to me, hope it helps out!

Hi,

I don't understand your steps.

I launch the game, I'm in "public". Last night, in that configuration, I launched a game in "solo" and the game doesn't want to pause. According to your solution i don't understand what to do..

please help me.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fujit0ya said:

Hi,

I don't understand your steps.

I launch the game, I'm in "public". Last night, in that configuration, I launched a game in "solo" and the game doesn't want to pause. According to your solution i don't understand what to do..

please help me.

It’s not a solution. It’s steps to reproduce the issue. The issue being that the game is unpausable in solo mode. 

This times a thousand! I've been having the same problem ever since the "Incoming Hotfix" Notification I received yesterday while playing the game. Any time before that i recall being able to pause in Solo mode without an issue. I play while at work, or dealing with my kids, and while i know we will not be getting the proper sleep approach for the Switch, we need that pause function back at bare minimum. 

This is an issue which could make me stop playing the game for sure, because i'm tired of having to pause and listen to my Tenno be slowly slaughtered by peon enemies, while i have to deal with real life. The sound doesn't entirely mute and you get to hear every moment of it. 

On 2018-11-25 at 6:33 PM, (NSW)msly07 said:

Wait, you can pause when playing solo on other platforms? It would be so nice to be able to put my switch to sleep and resume a mission later.

In every other Warframe platform, entering the menu while your matchmaking is set to Solo pauses the game state (except for while in PoE for some reason).

It still needs a constant internet connection (so putting the Switch to sleep wouldn't work), but you should at least have the convenience of freezing the game for a sec to change options or answer DMs or w/e.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...