Jump to content
  • 0

Ceres/jupiter junction help (valkyr specter)


Mehmerp
 Share

Question

So I've really been wanting to get Limbo, but to get him, I need to get the europa/jupiter junction. I've been kinda rushing both phobos and ceres because of this. Now i'm at the ceres/jupiter junction, and the specter (valkyr) keeps killing me. Her gun is really powerful, and it can melt me in seconds if I don't have a shield up (I'm a volt), and I snipe her with my bow through my shield to get as much damage as I can before she pulls me in with her rope thingy, and then melts me. If i have a riot shield instead, I can't use my bow, but I can defend myself if she pulls me in. So i've been doing: go in, put up shield, start sniping until she reaches 75% health or so, then switching to riot shield and using my sidearm (furis) until she pulls me in. Then, I alternately shoot her and use my ult to stun then melee her. However, when she does that move where she goes invincible and uses her claws, I have to run away as fast as I can until it's over, because those claws kill me in under a second.

TL;DR valkyr keeps killing me because of her invincibilty move, how do I beat her?

I don't think it's that my mods aren't that good, they're decent, but I could outlast her if not for that one move. Someone please help. I've looked it up, but I've just seen to use rhino instead, and I don't have him. I've started crafting him (he seems to be really good), but is there any way I could beat this junction with volt? So I don't have to wait 3 and a half days to craft him?

Setup:

Volt

Primary: mk1-paris

Secondary: furis

Melee: dual ether blades

 

I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Mehmerp said:

but is there any way I could beat this junction with volt?

You should be able to. You just have to not get hit - easier said than done, I know. If you can just avoid getting hit while Valkyr is doing it, you will be fine.

  • Your weapons look a bit on the weak side though. So that could also contribute. 

 

So, there are two things I could suggest:

  • Better weapons and mods.
  • Just avoid getting hit. If you cannot avoid getting hit, you really do just need something tanky.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You should be able to. You just have to not get hit - easier said than done, I know. If you can just avoid getting hit while Valkyr is doing it, you will be fine.

  • Your weapons look a bit on the weak side though. So that could also contribute. 

 

So, there are two things I could suggest:

  • Better weapons and mods.
  • Just avoid getting hit. If you cannot avoid getting hit, you really do just need something tanky.

Thank you so much. Also, what weapons do you recommend? I like using the bow, so I might go for the regular Paris next, but what's a good melee weapon? Maybe the Fragor? I'm pretty new to this game, got it a couple of days ago, so I don't know what to go for next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 minutes ago, Mehmerp said:

I like using the bow, so I might go for the regular Paris next

That would be a good choice. As for melee, I always preferred Galatine to the Fragor. When it comes down to it though, personal preference plays a role. *Your current mastery rank (MR) might limit this too: Paris and Gelatine both require MR3.

 

What you will probably find makes the most difference is mods. Higher level and more useful mods will improve your damage more than swapping weapon (that helps too). Figuring out how to avoid getting hit by the Rip Line might also help - it seems that is causing problems. Are you able to roll/jump out of its line? What about use something in the environment as cover?

 

  • Edit: I played around a bit. The most beneficial thing I found was damage output. She stays in Hysteria for a long time, but you just have to avoid getting hit, then get back to shooting. A tankier frame was more useful than a squishy one, in that getting hit made less difference.
Edited by krc473
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What you will probably find makes the most difference is mods. Higher level and more useful mods will improve your damage more than swapping weapon (that helps too). Figuring out how to avoid getting hit by the Rip Line might also help - it seems that is causing problems. Are you able to roll/jump out of its line? What about use something in the environment as cover?

I usually stand right outside the narrow hallway you enter the junction in - so there's no cover. Also, I rarely see Rip Line coming, so I can't dodge it. I could try standing in a different place, or to dodge it. Also, I'm MR4, so that requirement is not a problem. Thank you for the suggestion of the Galatine, too. I didn't know that existed. You've been really helpful, so thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...