The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a higher matchmaking ping limit?

AdunSaveMe

I'm okay with 400ms. I'm okay with 500 or 600ms. I play from Australia so sometimes there's spikes. I am not, however, okay with 1300ms, or 2000ms. But the matchmaking ping limit is basically all or nothing past 400. Sometimes the host's ping during matchmaking doesn't match what I get in game either, so having it on 400 reduces the amount of viable matches I could find.

If it could just go up to 600 (or better yet, have a custom limit), it would be perfect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'm okay with 400ms. I'm okay with 500 or 600ms. I play from Australia so sometimes there's spikes. I am not, however, okay with 1300ms, or 2000ms. But the matchmaking ping limit is basically all or nothing past 400. Sometimes the host's ping during matchmaking doesn't match what I get in game either, so having it on 400 reduces the amount of viable matches I could find.

If it could just go up to 600 (or better yet, have a custom limit), it would be perfect.

Oo wuttt 

you know that lower ping has an better connection

just as you need to increase the ping .. i want the ping lower than 150 

Searching in countrys around me with less network trouble

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

it doesnt matter if its 100 or 9000 ping, because ping isnt everything.

Actually it does matter. It matters quite a lot. High ping means long delays on certain actions, as well as very laggy AI, and other issues.

2 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

you know that lower ping has an better connection

I'm not sure you've entirely understood my post. I want a higher limit so I can find more players, but not high enough that I get huge delays on everything. The limit of 400 does not accomplish this because it doesn't allow me to set an actual limit that I would find acceptable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'm not sure you've entirely understood my post. I want a higher limit so I can find more players, but not high enough that I get huge delays on everything. The limit of 400 does not accomplish this because it doesn't allow me to set an actual limit that I would find acceptable.

you need an fine tuning ping .. Right? 

I know from experience that around 300 ms ping you will having an bad mission 

i kept it around 150 ms becuase thats the only way to dodge the delays that you get from others .. 

and even when you have around 400ms its getting an terrible connection with almost everyone over the planet

Keep it low Keep it stable

This Delay can end up people mad if you gonna host

So yeah i understand Network delays quite clearly

But go ahead use 400ms and higher but dont look supprised when you can't play stable

2 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

But go ahead use 400ms and higher but dont look supprised when you can't play stable

You're sort of hitting the point here. I am fine with playing Warframe on 500 or 600ms. But the matchmaking ping limit only goes up to 400, which means I can't play with some people I might otherwise be able to be matched with. Setting it on no limit, however, means I can be matched into games with ping that I don't find acceptable, such as 1300. Make more sense?

• Like 1

vor 30 Minuten schrieb ghandibots:

Read his post, he's asking for options beyond 400ms that aren't "to infinity and beyond". It makes sense, and I wish more players used the ping limiter - it would save so many complaints from ever being born.

If the ping limiter would actually work, but in most cases it doesn´t. I have mine set to 100 and still I am getting paired with hosts with a much higher ping.

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You're sort of hitting the point here. I am fine with playing Warframe on 500 or 600ms. But the matchmaking ping limit only goes up to 400, which means I can't play with some people I might otherwise be able to be matched with. Setting it on no limit, however, means I can be matched into games with ping that I don't find acceptable, such as 1300. Make more sense?

How can you be fine with such an network delay .. i dont get it .. i would be ticked off when iam seeing an host with an 400ms ping

means doors stay closed when you do missions .. your buddy's are quicker than you etc etc

.. Not an good option to do if i may say this ( personal opinion ) ..

But understand until 400ms is Devs safety feature so you have an more of an stable connection .. and yes no limit would be the override for it / but with an bigger chance to messup the connection .. i have never get why devs would add limitless feature that messes up more than the game can handle..

But you have my vote so far :satisfied:

11 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

How can you be fine with such an network delay .. i dont get it .. i would be ticked off when iam seeing an host with an 400ms ping

Because everyone has different limits for what they feel is acceptable.

personally, if its beyond 70 its already bad for me. im used to playing games on 10~ms if it has servers in mid europe, altho in warframe it doesnt matter that much. 70~ is where it stops putting me reiably in operator mode fast enough to dash midair tho, making movement klunky.

but if someone is used to playing on 100ms+ because they live in a low population area so literally everyone they play with is super far away, then thats how it is and they can be ok with that. i probably whouldnt even notice the difference between 400 and 600 since i already quit the party at that point, but OP probably has a point and i dont see why this limit shouldnt exist.

18 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

If the ping limiter would actually work, but in most cases it doesn´t. I have mine set to 100 and still I am getting paired with hosts with a much higher ping.

It used to be alot more reliable, I found that after one of the recent updates the results were hit or miss, not sure why.

18 hours ago, iHaku said:

Because everyone has different limits for what they feel is acceptable.

personally, if its beyond 70 its already bad for me. im used to playing games on 10~ms if it has servers in mid europe, altho in warframe it doesnt matter that much. 70~ is where it stops putting me reiably in operator mode fast enough to dash midair tho, making movement klunky.

but if someone is used to playing on 100ms+ because they live in a low population area so literally everyone they play with is super far away, then thats how it is and they can be ok with that. i probably whouldnt even notice the difference between 400 and 600 since i already quit the party at that point, but OP probably has a point and i dont see why this limit shouldnt exist.

Agreed, and I'm not sure why there's much to explain here, some players don't mind the effect of a 400ms ping and others can't deal with less than 100ms, to each their own. Some of the players I used to run eidolon hunts with on a regular basis were in another continent and managed with 800ms+, I doubt they preferred it that way but it was their choice.

They wouldn't have been ok with 2000+ though.

21 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'm okay with 400ms. I'm okay with 500 or 600ms. I play from Australia so sometimes there's spikes. I am not, however, okay with 1300ms, or 2000ms.

And this is why we need dedicated servers... players simply dont understand things like ping or latency

22 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There is setting for ping limit.Set it to no limit and then ,again in settings,try different regions that best suit you.

1 hour ago, Dabnician said:

And this is why we need dedicated servers... players simply dont understand things like ping or latency

Dedicated servers might mean you have no chance at all to have a decent connection to someone if you live somewhere remote compared to a server. What if you're playing on your break with your buddies at a station in Antarctica? Relays would suck and logins and mission ends would be slow, but if you're partied with the people sitting next to you the actual missions would be ok. But you'd always have a bad time connecting to some server in NA or Europe if that were your only option.

16 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Dedicated servers might mean you have no chance at all to have a decent connection to someone if you live somewhere remote compared to a server. What if you're playing on your break with your buddies at a station in Antarctica?

you might be right about that, but honestly they're probably switch players, so no one really cares about them yet.

Having a dedicated server means OP could just connect to that and work around the whole ping issue.

I'm a bit surprised the ping limit does something to begin with. I have it set to the minimum value (100?), and I sometimes connect to people with 800ms ping.

I'll go a bit further with your request, and add: Make the ping limiter actually do something, and let use specify a value manually instead of having a limited selection with a few options. Or even better, give us an option to connect to dedicated servers instead of always using trashy P2P sessions.

3 hours ago, Dabnician said:

you might be right about that, but honestly they're probably switch players, so no one really cares about them yet.

Having a dedicated server means OP could just connect to that and work around the whole ping issue.

Yes I joked about someone playing from Antarctica, but I think you're assuming too much about the speed of people's internet and the quality of their connection. There's a lot of pretty rural area in just the US with awful internet still. I know people that live a few hours away and their only option is satellite internet and it is horribly laggy. It can be ok if they start streaming shows where the speed is fine, just any start and stop requests or clicking to load a page has a big delay.

Per my previous statement, if everyone is connecting to a central server, people in the same neighborhood might have to connect to a distant server so they'd all have the lag to that server instead of possibly having a close connection to someone a few streets over. It's a complicated problem and central versus locally hosted games both have their ups and downs. The best solution is for everyone's internet to be better but between communication companies dragging their heels and the great distances between places in the US versus places like Europe holds our network back.

8 hours ago, O2D3nTe said:

I'm a bit surprised the ping limit does something to begin with. I have it set to the minimum value (100?), and I sometimes connect to people with 800ms ping.

I'll go a bit further with your request, and add: Make the ping limiter actually do something, and let use specify a value manually instead of having a limited selection with a few options. Or even better, give us an option to connect to dedicated servers instead of always using trashy P2P sessions.

On 2018-11-26 at 1:42 PM, ghandibots said:

It used to be alot more reliable, I found that after one of the recent updates the results were hit or miss, not sure why.

Maybe it's worth a bug report, not that it will necessarily fix anything but I suppose it can't hurt to try.