General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Limbo: Rift Walking Affects Enemy-Affecting Auras

Lugwy

For a while, players have noticed that Limbo interacts strangely with auras. Here are a few of several such observations:

I personally noticed this bug when doing Kuva Survivals as a Limbo with a group carrying 4x Corrosive Projections. Normally under this circumstance enemy health bars would be red, but we noticed that yellow health bars were popping up every now and then, and eventually figured out that it had to do whether I was in the Rift Plane or not. Later, after making this observation, one of my clanmates who liked to play Limbo did some testing.

What we found was, in a nutshell: Auras that affect enemies (e.g. Corrosive Projection, EMP Aura, Infested Impedance, Shield Disruption) are not applied on enemy spawn if the carrier of the aura is currently in the Rift Plane. Enemies that have already spawned are unaffected regardless whether you are in the Rift or not.

You can replicate this instance with your own Limbo (Prime) by equipping the applicable auras and spawning enemies in the Simulacrum, both while inside the Rift and while outside, and for completionism, here's my round of testing:

Corrosive Projection (-30% Armor to applicable enemies)
Frame: Limbo Prime (Corrosive Projection, no other mods or arcanes)
Weapon: MK1-Braton (no mods, unleveled)

Enemy: Corrupted Bombard, Level 1

Testing:

(If you can't/don't want to watch the video:

The first Bombard was spawned while Limbo was in realspace. Headshots with the MK1-Braton dealt 12 damage, 37 damage on a critical.
The second Bombard was spawned while Limbo was in the Rift. Headshots dealt 10 damage, 30 damage on criticals.)

EMP Aura (Corpus enemies have -15% accuracy)
Frame: Limbo Prime (EMP Aura, no mods or arcanes)
Weapon: MK1-Braton (no mods, unleveled), Akvasto Prime (to kill the drone)

Enemy: Terra Attack Drone, Level 1, for rapid firing capability. (I initially used an Attack Drone Eximus for this since they have better dakka potential, but the Simulacrum thinks it's a Grineer Regulator wearing an Osprey skin because it wasn't attacking, hanging low to the ground, and voicing Grineer propaganda.)

Testing:

Both drones attacked me for slightly over 1 minute. I used a stopwatch to keep track.

The first drone was spawned outside the Rift and between its inaccuracy and my natural shield recharge rate, it did not even break my shields before the time was up.
I was in the rift when the second drone was spawned. This drone broke my shields approximately 33 seconds in and I was at 1/3 health by the time I called it.)

Infested Impedance (Infested enemies have -18% speed)
Frame: Limbo Prime (Infested Impedance, no mods or arcanes)
Weapon: MK1-Braton (no mods, unleveled, to kill the crawler)

Enemy: Crawler, Level 1

Testing:

First crawler was spawned while Limbo was outside the Rift, and the second was spawned while inside the Rift. Other than the difficulties with keeping an eye on the crawler while trying not to run right into a wall or off a cliff, I noted that the first spawn was slightly, but noticeably slower than the second.)

Shield Disruption (Enemies have -24% shield capacity)
Frame: Limbo Prime (Shield Disruption, no mods or arcanes)
Weapon: Boltor Prime (no mods)

Enemy: Anti Moa, Level 1 (Notable for an even 500 Shields)

Testing:

The first Anti Moa spawned was under Shield Disruption, so its 500 shield capacity becomes 380 (500 - (500 * 0.24)). Since my Boltor Prime does about 41 damage per shot, it would take approximately 9-10 non-critical shots to deplete the enemy's shields if it was disrupted. The first Anti Moa died in seven shots because one of the hits was a critical.

The second Anti Moa, which was spawned while I was in the Rift, took 12 shots to kill.)

Hope this helps!

Edited by Lugwy
forgot shield disruption

Good thread. Hopefully DE will take notice and fix this, although considering there were relevant threads about this in early 2017, I don't have my hopes up.

I hate to be all unnecessarily dramatic but being a fairly dedicated Limbo main and trying hard to be a good team player with this frankly quite poorly designed frame seeing this kind of thing, where me even rolling out my Limbo in the first place will make random enemies take several times less damage than they should, not being fixed for such a long time really grinds my gears and make me question why I'm even bothering.

If I didn't know better I'd think that people at DE just hate Limbo.

Because I forgot Shield Disruption is a thing, here's a report for completionist's sake:

Shield Disruption (Enemies have -24% shield capacity)
Frame: Limbo Prime (Shield Disruption, no mods or arcanes)
Weapon: Boltor Prime (no mods)

Enemy: Anti Moa, Level 1 (Notable for an even 500 Shields)

Testing:

The first Anti Moa spawned was under Shield Disruption, so its 500 shield capacity becomes 380 (500 - (500 * 0.24)). Since my Boltor Prime does about 41 damage per shot, it would take approximately 9-10 non-critical shots to deplete the enemy's shields if it was disrupted. The first Anti Moa died in seven shots because one of the hits was a critical.

The second Anti Moa, which was spawned while I was in the Rift, took 12 shots to kill.)

This will also be edited into the original post.