Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Meta] Moderation & General Consensus of The Community

(NSW)SummerX

Last night I posted this: 

Full disclosure: I was a Warframe virgin until Switch version came out. I dumped roughly $250 already and planned to do more when the next prime come out. I have a very big account on multiple games and some I gave up because the devs were not actively banning people. Letting these people go does hurt the payers directly. Nintendo Switch is one of the weakest platforms in term of security. 

In that thread, I asked:

"Is there a raid regularly?"

"Will DE do something?"

There were replies that give me insight into the system as I'm new to DE. However, @NovusNova closed my thread due to:

"Buying platinum from 3rd party sites not approved by DE (only the official site, steam and console stores are approved) then you are breaking the TOS and EULA.

All that will happen is that you will be banned from the game and lose your money as DE will not honor the transaction if something goes wrong, such as if they take your money and never give the platinum they promised you.

Only buy platinum from official stores."

The mod did not read the thread clearly and assumed that I'm going to buy the platinum from aforementioned method to justify putting an end to the discussion. I understand that my thread can be implied that way but it dis not asked "Can I buy platinum from xxx?"

I think discussing it will provide feedback to DE that people care about this issues as it's not fair for players who pay for this game.

I understand that this kind of topic is sensitive at times but the moderators should not banning the discussion completely as staying silent will make people hush hush and let platinum sellers roam more free.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)SummerX said:

I understand that this kind of topic is sensitive at times but the moderators should not banning the discussion completely as staying silent will make people hush hush and let platinum sellers roam more free.

DE bans at IP level for stuff like what you are describing, iirc, so there's really nothing to discuss.

DE doesn't have to report results of "raids" because players have already seen how DE handles flagrant breaking of their TOS.

DE tends to handle stuff like that in ways where they don't have to fiddle with it again later...It makes their responses predictable.

For example, I can tell you that this thread is probably going to get locked.

Yea... because thread titled “platinum reselling for cheap” with openning post that talk mostly about third party plat seller is actually a discussion about raid? 0_o... 

oh and the amount of money you in invest in this game doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t really entitled for anything.. i’ve seen many threads of people being banned for 25 years whom are basically begging to be unbanned with a similar excuse..

What more is there to say? 

The Mod closed it with the only official response that can be given, do not buy from 3rd party sites, only buy direct.

It matters not whether DE perform "raids", the only thing that matters to us as players is that we don't buy from these people.

And as for whether these people are punished? The number of times people are hit with lost plat is high enough to say that yes, DE are taking action. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)SummerX said:

What is the point of players discussing behind the scenes actions DE takes to stop plat selling?

What do you think DE would actually say about it? Where do you see plat sellers roaming free?

Real Money Trading (RMT), platinum sales/reselling through unauthorized 3rd parties, is prohibited. Engaging in it will result in a hard ban from the game service (all associated accounts involved will be banned from the game and the forums). This is non-negotiable as it is considered a severe EULA violation.

There is nothing on the matter to discuss, as there is only one course of action to take if you see it occurring: reporting it to support. If you see players engaging in such activities, take a screenshot of the event and attach it to a support ticket to report the user(s). If you see unauthorized websites, you should also report it with a support ticket (same link as above) and include all relevant information.

Once it's been reported, it's out of your hands, and in DE's.