Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Wolrd Map 2019/2020 Idea - Ganymede

Thor131

Had a random though while in hydron and talking with ppl in discord about the next map. When they redid the star map they never brought back Jupiter's moon Ganymede. So Why not make it as an open world rain forest jungle map with infested hybrid like things all through it like with the operator room and have those ppl from the nidus story live there. Then picture the sky-box similar to the predator movie would look so cool with Jupiter and the other moons in orbit. EDIT: sorry for the poor image quality its not behaving

What do you fellow player think? would it have potential?

latest?cb=20120618211822

Edited by Thor131

I'd like to see Ganymede in 2020 or 2021 with a Coruscant-style cityscape. I want Mars for 2019, and I want it to be a cross-fire war zone between the Corpus and Grineer with various diverse biomes based on Afghanistan, the Sahara, Tatooine, Geonosis, and current Mars. I also want several buried Orokin palaces, temples, fortresses, and vaults, an Infested presence at New Uxmal (buried Orokin palace), a Grineer Harkonar fortress, and a Corpus R&D site.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

8 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Going by common sense, the next open-world tileset should be related to infested, so why not.

Going by common sense, it should be the next accessible place for players that also makes sense for open world - aka Mars.

4 minutes ago, Shrapnel110 said:

Isn't Ganymede an ice&water moon? A substantial amount of water would have to be removed to make it habitable in the way you described, would be a tricky thing to do.

Its warframe, they made Venus an icy center of a storm by restarting Venus's transforming systems and that was supposedly a temperate plant at the height of the empire if my lore is correct. So why not have made Ganymede garden planet by the orokin. Have some sort of sentient plats that can warm them selves and melt the sub surface ice to water.

Edited by Thor131

12 minutes ago, Shrapnel110 said:

Isn't Ganymede an ice&water moon? A substantial amount of water would have to be removed to make it habitable in the way you described, would be a tricky thing to do.

Orokin space magic cares not for your realities. Liquid surface Uranus with solid mineral landmasses. Depressurized atmospheric Venus. The original placement of large outdoor colony tiles on Phobos. Though that last one was at least altered after a time.

5 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

asdI highly doubt we'll get another Open World in 2019, maybe 2020 at earliest. DE doesn't want another content drought like we had this year.

VO only took so long because of feature creep. Vehicles, new alert systems, quests on map, new pets, so on and so on. The tech is now made. The map itself was pretty much done first thing as those technical hurdles where overcome with PoE.

Edited by Firetempest

13 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Liquid surface Uranus with solid mineral landmasses. Depressurized atmospheric Venus.

I'm a little iffy on the first one, considering the giant planet you can see in the sky after you've landed for a mission. And for Venus, it seems to be only a localized displacement of air, not entirely moving it elsewhere--hence why Orb Vallis is its own thing. I'm open that Orokin tech might be able to do it, but i'm just skeptical.

Edited by Shrapnel110

20 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Orokin space magic cares not for your realities. Liquid surface Uranus with solid mineral landmasses. Depressurized atmospheric Venus. The original placement of large outdoor colony tiles on Phobos. Though that last one was at least altered after a time.

VO only took so long because of feature creep. Vehicles, new alert systems, quests on map, new pets, so on and so on. The tech is now made. The map itself was pretty much done first thing as those technical hurdles where overcome with PoE.

Not to mention all the time spent on Melee 3.0, Sanctuary Onslaught, etc.

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

I think DE also said in a devstream that there won't be an Open World in 2019.

Can't imagine the hardware nightmare it would be considering how the Earth update was really harsh on old systems. People were already complaining how unfriendly the Plains is on their old computers and that has sparse vegetation. Venus upscaled the size of the map.

Edited by Flandyrll

2 hours ago, Shrapnel110 said:

Shark-wing world... Yeeey 😐

Community: Archwing missions are the worst.

DE: Hold my beer.

16 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Going by common sense, the next open-world tileset should be related to infested, so why not.

Eris is one of the main infested areas so open world Infested Eris would be cool.

Of course a nautical themed Neptune world would also be pretty badass with modifying the orbiters or railjack to be water ships or submarines. 

You'll never forget the day you ALMOST caught Captain Jack Hydroid!

I agree that an Infested open world seems the logical next step, after having Grineer & Corpus ones...therefore Eris seems the obvious choice.

However, there are Infested / Corrupted present on most worlds in certain nodes / quests / alerts, so in theory the Infested open world could be anywhere.

And there's only one thing you can do with Infested...EXTERMINATE!

Although, it would be cool if there was a new quest where we uncover more details about Ballas' research and how he came up with the Helminth strain...maybe capture a sample, along with various bits of data & equipment to create a new weapon (or even a new frame) to help in the coming war with the Sentients? Just brainstorming here, really.

But after PoE and Orb Vallis, I think any new open world needs to offer something other than resource farming & big endgame bosses.

Though if it is set on Eris, I foresee it will be a similar situation to OV and we basically have to help the Myconians escape or drive back an Infested invasion.

35 minutes ago, Thor131 said:

I don't know maybe make mercury a sprawling solar panel system array and city

Perhaps Mercury could be the central hub for railjack. Players could buy upgrades for their spaceships there.

Though, I think that Mars would make a better open-world than Mercury.

On 2018-11-26 at 1:39 PM, Firetempest said:

And millions of old content revisit. As much as it is nice having old content revitalized and retuned, it does contribute to the overall content drought.

1 hour ago, Kyoshao said:

Perhaps Mercury could be the central hub for railjack. Players could buy upgrades for their spaceships there.

That would be cool with its high metal content making it a massive shipyard of the orokin that build our ships