Focus Farming

ThumpumGood

Question

I see all of these threads, videos and blog posts on focus farming. And every one of them have eidelon lenses, rivens and such. What about builds and methods for those who dont have all of that? I've seen one even talk about swapping out eidelon lenses. I thought that those got destroyed when you swapped them out. Why would I want to farm tier 5 missions for those?

Greater lenses, no rivens and no really rare mods would be great.

16 answers to this question

With Greater Lenses: Same as with Eidolon; it just takes longer. There's no magical bridge for that gap.

Rivens: Completely unnecessary; your selection of viable weapons just narrows a bit.

What do you classify as a "really rare mod?"

2 solid methods for Focus:

1. Elite Sanctuary Onslaught with all gear lensed. Fewer lenses? Equip fewer weapons. The Warframe should be the first thing you add a lens to.
  2. Do Teralyst/Gantulyst/Hydrolyst runs, and convert the applicable Shards. This also bypasses your cap, and doesn't require any lenses once you have the applicable school unlocked.

18 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught with all gear lensed. Fewer lenses? Equip fewer weapons. The Warframe should be the first thing you add a lens to.

good laugh mate.

If you do ESO you have to differentiate between dps and support. Putting a Lens on a  supportframe only gives you 25% Affinity while only equipping 1 weapon and putting the lens on the weapon gives 75%. Simple math, no magic

Here's proof after 8 Zones:

LobT5j8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LobT5j8.jpg (backup link if pic breaks again)

35 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Doesn't matter what Lens you use. It's just less Focus = more runs

Either use above method with any support or dps (Lens on dps frame instead of weapon because 100% Affinity goes to the Frame here)

or Adaro/Sedna with Equinox/Banshee. The latter needs Maiming and a Scoliac Riven though...so stick to Equinox

6T60NTL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6T60NTL.jpg

If you need my builds:

Equinox: http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/equinox-f35/loadout-a-sleep-t83.html

Trinity: http://gnarlsdarkley.forumprofi.de/trinity-f58/loadout-a-ev-t155.html

No Forma Guandao: https://goo.gl/jZZD87

7 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

good laugh mate.

OP asked for effective methods not running specialized builds; even running melee with a Nekros I do fine in terms of gains (~100k/run).

That's still just a few runs to hit cap each day.

I didn't say that each strategy was optimal; simply running either mode is still effective regardless of loadout.

14 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

OP asked for effective methods

Exaclty. But I am reading OP more like efficient. And your method just wastes 75%. Sure you can do that...and run 350 missions each giving 1k or doing it fast in one mission. If you want to use Nekros and get 100k I'm fine with it, but you could have gotten 3 times as much in the same time.

8 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

I've seen one even talk about swapping out eidelon lenses. I thought that those got destroyed when you swapped them out. Why would I want to farm tier 5 missions for those?

This is what I have done when Focus 2.5 dropped

meF53yB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/meF53yB.jpg (backup link)

2C0cs7y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2C0cs7y.jpg (backup link)

I just happened to have 8 Equinox lying around b/c I helped clanmates farming her

23 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Exaclty. But I am reading OP more like efficient. And your method just wastes 75%.

... Clearly, OP prioritizes efficiency above all else when they can't be bothered to get Eidolon lenses./s

OP asked for effective low-requirement farming setups; literally any Warframe/weapon does just fine in ESO as long as you have a fully-lensed setup to soak up all the available XP.

9 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Why would I want to farm tier 5 missions for those?

Are there more optimal setups? Sure. But when it comes to basic entry-level stuff it's not unreasonable to do 4ish runs to hit cap.

If/when OP starts caring more about efficiency over accessibility, they can put in the time to get better lenses and specific farming builds.

14 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

OP asked for effective low-requirement farming setups

I am not gonna argue with you. This is my last answer to our debate.

No Lens FocusLens1Rank sqRegular 0% + 0%
0%
0% + 0.625%
0.625%
0% + 0.9375%
0.9375%

this is with a regular/small Lens on your weapon as support (my first post and most suggested method). No Naramon passive (which is recommended to get the rest done way faster)

compared to your opinion:

FocusLens2Rank sqGreater No Lens 1.75% + 0%
1.75%
0.875% + 0%
0.875%
0.4375% + 0%
0.4375%

putting a greater Lens on your frame is even less effective/efficient than a regular Lens wihtout Naramon.

It's only better if OP plays dps and gets ALL the kills (also like I stated in my first post)

So please stop telling OP to waste their greater lenses on frames. If they are playing dps then sure, this is their way to go

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Only my Saryn prime has more than a normal lens. All my Eidolon lenses are on my melee weapons. With max Affinity Spike, the focus you gain from your melee weapon will generally be much greater than any other source. Volt is the only other frame I'm considering upgrading the lens on. If there's a Trinity in the group I can get a ton of kills using my Volt ESO build. 

E lens arent that hard to get.  You just gotta be able to trade for plat.  Discounts will help reduce the price of greaters.  I only 2 lens per school.  Frame+1 weapon.  The E Lens you can go for yourself.  You can get an E lens BP off the first objective in PoE if your lucky and then it wont matter if you fail the rest as long as you walk out before you lose all your lives, you will get the rewards.  If you cant handle that last bounty and dont wanna leech it.  I see them go for 10p all the time.

I think there is only two magic bullets for focus....

- ESO farming in a AOE killer frame like Saryn

-Becoming a bad ass that can do x3 tridolons a night.

I hang out in crappy ESO and only fight Teralyst and it takes FOREVER to gain focus even with E Lens.  I only JUST got my 3rd waybound maxed out and unbound.  Now I just need another 100 million to max out alll my other nodes and schools and ability pool lol

3 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

This is making sense vs the *I have everything - do it this way* videos I've seen.
So the greater lens should be on the primary weapon you use for DPS or on the frame for support frames. Is that correct?

No. If you're running a support frame in ESO, you put it on a weapon (generally melee because of potential bonus affinity from Naramon passive) because all the kills everyone else gets give 25% of the affinity to your frame and 75% divided between all your weapons (of which you should only have that one melee equipped).

If you're DPS, you'll probably want to put it on the frame as for ESO the meta DPSers do the bulk of their damage from warframe abilities and as such 100% of the affinity goes to the frame. Even if you kill with a weapon, it's still 50/50 to frame/weapon that got the kill.

7 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

So the greater lens should be on the primary weapon you use for DPS or on the frame for support frames. Is that correct?

Don't want to be rude...but did you even read one of my posts? I even posted maths with the corresponding values

3 hours ago, corallein said:

No. If you're running a support frame in ESO, you put it on a weapon (generally melee because of potential bonus affinity from Naramon passive) because all the kills everyone else gets give 25% of the affinity to your frame and 75% divided between all your weapons (of which you should only have that one melee equipped).

If you're DPS, you'll probably want to put it on the frame as for ESO the meta DPSers do the bulk of their damage from warframe abilities and as such 100% of the affinity goes to the frame. Even if you kill with a weapon, it's still 50/50 to frame/weapon that got the kill.

This is what I was saying 3 times

Edited by GnarlsDarkley