Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My current take on conservation since maxing rank

Ennek

I'll lay it out pretty simply and elaborate on a few points

The Good
===
+Hunting and tracking is some of the most mindless fun I've had in this game in a long time
+Any addition of new animals later on will only make this stronger
+Floofs are love, floofs are life
+Sleep Arrow. It's fantastic, and I love the functionality. [Thank you for the clarification, on arrow duration in regards to the Kubrodons now, original message edited to reflect this] 

The Meh
===
*It's a bit awkward starting out though, as I ended up teaching several friends the ropes as the game didn't quite do a sufficient job of that
*Holy poop is the Tranq gun slow to reload. I'd absolutely love to see some kind of upgradable system to it to address this, the dart flight speed, and perhaps even the number of darts loaded or something. Another minor gripe with it, is that the weapon is not considered "silent" leading to breaking Ivara's Prowl (I'll be touching more on her in a minute so just sit tight)
*Following animal tracks is practically pointless as it's nearly impossible to do. Given either to brightness settings, mild color blindness, or just unlucky terrain, tracks can be damn near invisible. Ideal would to bump up the color, maybe add in an 'energy appearance color' on the Tranq rifle to make it that much accessible. As it is, I just zip around a target area in arcwing to find the call point because of this

The Bad
===
-Ivara is the huntress queen for a reason, and this is truly her game mode to shine, that said however Pobbers and Bolarola won't show up on enemy radar, while Vermink and Kubrodon will. I thought perhaps this was a target aggression thing, but Vermink are scardey pants and Kubrodon are hatred given form. While typically not a problem to actually spot any of the critters, it's a quality of life thing
-Speaking of Pobbers, it doesn't matter how accurate my call is, ever since some point in patching I have to do 2 calls now to get a spawn, without fail. A minor inconvenience but one in the game nonetheless
-My final addressing points are in rewards, both in rep earned per hunts and when you've finished your rep grinds and have floofs. Rep rewards are wild and inconsistent at the best of times, with 'good' and 'perfect' captures meaning absolutely nothing when the former can give more rep reward than the latter when hunting the same creature multiple times in a row. Add some kind of discernible multiplier per hunt or consecutively, or just dedicate real static values. Floofs are the worthwhile end to this all, but aside from lining my ship with more and more of the same little guys, there definitely needs to be *something* more to use their tags for; be it pet armor, mods, ect. As it is I have no driving reason to continue capturing beyond the joy of the process now, and I can feel that waning fairly quickly

All in all, I am in love with the little side activity that is conservation hunting and tracking, but there is some desirable quality of life changes, and levels of polish I feel can still be applied as we move forward

Edited by Ennek

Neat summary of your opinions and feedback. I touched on parts of this is my post a few days back, though that mostly focused on the lack of rewards besides floofs downside; it's good to see another player bring up similar points. If you have some good ideas for tag reward alternatives, etc., please to go add them to mine below my thread (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1035741-conservations-impending-irrelevance/). The more ideas we put out there, the better. 

Note though: sleep arrow DOES actually work on kubrodons (did as of Nov. 25th, anyway), the duration is just drastically reduced and I think only the first time you sleep it is effective. You just have to be prepared to get over there and claim it asap after it gets hit with the arrow. Another player noted that what is actually supposed to be about a 1/2 reduction in sleep arrow time is functioning at more like 1/4 of normal duration instead. Hence some of our troubles. Hopefully they'll fix this bug soon.

2 hours ago, Ennek said:

So why does it not work on Kubrodon?

It works on Kubrodon. You get reduced duration (about 1/3) when unnoticed. About 1/6 when noticed. Thus appears to be intentional.

• if you are finding it not to work, you need to increase your duration. I get a good 10 seconds on mine.

I agree about rewards. We are in desperate need of just something else. You can only have so many of the same floofs. And standing is restricted to your daily cap. Is it really worth farming them after you hit the cap? I have no suggestions for this. But it would be better to have some reason to do them.

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It works on Kubrodon. You get reduced duration (about 1/3) when unnoticed. About 1/6 when noticed. Thus appears to be intentional.

• if you are finding it not to work, you need to increase your duration. I get a good 10 seconds on mine.

I agree about rewards. We are in desperate need of just something else. You can only have so many of the same floofs. And standing is restricted to your daily cap. Is it really worth farming them after you hit the cap? I have no suggestions for this. But it would be better to have some reason to do them.

Looks like I'm making a Duration build for Kubrodon hunting then lol. For the most part it just seemed like they were hardcore bugging out for me

4 minutes ago, Ennek said:

Looks like I'm making a Duration build for Kubrodon hunting then lol. For the most part it just seemed like they were hardcore bugging out for me

I am running with 253% duration. I get 25.3 sec on the other targets. But Kubrodon get:

1. Unnoticed 10 sec
  2. Noticed 4 sec

*1 and 2 are approximates. 

** four seconds is not long enough to capture one. You have to hit it with the Tranq while it is asleep. The animations take too long to catch it.

They take two Tranq darts to get. So you know this is intended.

Edited by krc473

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I am running with 253% duration. I get 25.3 sec on the other targets. But Kubrodon get:

1. Unnoticed 10 sec
  2. Noticed 4 sec

*1 and 2 are approximates. 

** four seconds is not long enough to capture one. You have to hit it with the Tranq while it is asleep. The animations take too long to catch it.

They take two Tranq darts to get. So you know this is intended.

I just tried a quickie duration build and got it in 1 arrow this time, that duration difference really did affect it. I would have had no idea that was affecting the issue

1 minute ago, schilds said:

Again, or one headshot:

You missed what I was getting at. AoE does not count as a headshot. So it is not really relevant to the comparison I was making.

It takes two BODY shots to tranq one, so you should not expect the sleep arrow to function the same as on the others (that take one).