Zaws and amps

(PSN)Kakurine2

So logically it makes sense to me that building a decent amp for Operator mode makes sense so i can do worthwhile damage to edolions.  However I don't understand zaws.  They require even more farming of rep and materials then crafting a decent amp. 

Yet as far as i have been able to gather are not a weapon for operator mode and stat wise are not really any better then a primed and formad melee weapon on ones warframe.  So can someone explain to me why one should grind and craft a zaw?  Wont it function the same or worse then my normal melee weapons?

For practical reasons, Zaw specific arcanes and getting the option to customize the stats of your weapon beyond mods.

For aesthetic reasons, if you like a certain look of a Zaw, the sense of creating your own personalized weapon and being able to name it.

It's the same reasons why you would get any new weapon, even if it's not the best weapon in the game.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

stat wise are not really any better then a primed and formad melee weapon on ones warframe.  So can someone explain to me why one should grind and craft a zaw?  Wont it function the same or worse then my normal melee weapons? 

Simple answer, because some zaws stat wise are actually extremely better than the best non-modular melee and are the best options for a maximized CO or BR build.

Edited by Ver1dian

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

So logically it makes sense to me that building a decent amp for Operator mode makes sense so i can do worthwhile damage to edolions.  However I don't understand zaws.  They require even more farming of rep and materials then crafting a decent amp. 

Yet as far as i have been able to gather are not a weapon for operator mode and stat wise are not really any better then a primed and formad melee weapon on ones warframe.  So can someone explain to me why one should grind and craft a zaw?  Wont it function the same or worse then my normal melee weapons?

Mastery exp,there is nothing more to it.
They are also good for PVP(instant kill) but slow

Just now, Firetempest said:

Select Zaw combos are some of the best melee weapons in game, and they can use different arcanes.

Best at some very specific build that is not very popular yes.
I mean by that measure daggers are best,because daggers instant kill level 9000enemy at 0 combo counter.
I mean,they sure are best at something.

But when it comes to actual gameplay,most people will preffer long range weapons that scale infinitely with enemy levels 
add +3m range to zaws and they will become best.

If zaws had at least higher disposition,it would be different talk but there are infested weapons with almost as good stats and 150%-200% higher disposition,some with guaranteed elemental proc

10 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Best at some very specific build that is not very popular yes.
I mean by that measure daggers are best,because daggers instant kill level 9000enemy at 0 combo counter.
I mean,they sure are best at something.

But when it comes to actual gameplay,most people will preffer long range weapons that scale infinitely with enemy levels 
add +3m range to zaws and they will become best.

If zaws had at least higher disposition,it would be different talk but there are infested weapons with almost as good stats and 150%-200% higher disposition,some with guaranteed elemental proc

Status based polearm Zaws with Condition Overload are one of the strongest  if not strongest melee weapons in game.

Mine Zaw with +200% Melee dmg riven can kill group of lvl 160 heavy armored enemies in seconds. 

16 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Status based polearm Zaws with Condition Overload are one of the strongest  if not strongest melee weapons in game.

Mine Zaw with +200% Melee dmg riven can kill group of lvl 160 heavy armored enemies in seconds. 

>just told you i can instantly kill 9000 level enemy with dagger
>Admited that there is niche build for zaws that works(even tho range is still issue)

You still go shamelessly for "i can eventually kill 160lvl heavy gunner card" claiming it is strongest or close to that.

I do not know what to say anymore. Surely caught me by surprise...

If i want to kill few enemy units i take dagger,if i want to kill many units i take whip with 23m  aoe range
if i want to look cool,i'll take zaw. Zaws are cool looking,except machete zaw.
jkHTBdE.jpg

I hope they will add zaw with some actual range,maybe whip zaw or little longer polearm.

7 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

>just told you i can instantly kill 9000 level enemy with dagger
>Admited that there is niche build for zaws that works(even tho range is still issue)

You still go shamelessly for "i can eventually kill 160lvl heavy gunner card" claiming it is strongest or close to that.

I do not know what to say anymore. Surely caught me by surprise...

If i want to kill few enemy units i take dagger,if i want to kill many units i take whip with 23m  aoe range
if i want to look cool,i'll take zaw. Zaws are cool looking,except machete zaw.
jkHTBdE.jpg

I hope they will add zaw with some actual range,maybe whip zaw or little longer polearm.

Thing is you dont fight lvl 9000. And i cant stand spin macro that require combo multiplier..at least it will die with melee 3.0.

• 3 weeks later...