Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defy augment? + ideas

ArdeKakka

Since defy is pretty much the only reason people play him after the iron jab nuke build was fixed. I think an augment for defy (unless DE plans on completely reworking that ability in the near future) would be cool.

Some potential ideas for a defy augment:

-Proccing defy grants bonus dmg on your next attack possibly for allies as well.

-Radial cc of some sort whenever defy is procced. Maybe a knockdown, a blind or a pull similar to Exodia Hunt.

-Casting defy taunts enemies. Taking damage from taunted enemies grants Wukong, and maybe nearby allies, bonus damage. Also since Wukong already taunts when u cast defy I feel like this would be very fitting and again would maybe make him viable in parties.

-X% damage taken by nearby allies is redirected to Wukong. This could be balanced even without a cap. Could also add that bonus damage or maybe some other team buff into this.

-Spawn a clone of Wukong every time your defy procs for a duration. Clones wouldn't have to be strong or anything. (We WuWus need friends)

-Taking damage increases Wukongs melee range or damage or attack speed or maybe even sprint/parkour speed, again maybe for allies as well.

I'm not a game designer so I got hardly any clue on how busted some of those might be but dear holy Nazareth in heaven it's getting lonely as a Wu main, gimme something a deluxe, an augment some half-assed buff will do too.

Thanks for reading!

"Speak softly and carry a big stick, Tenno" -Lotusdore Spacemamavelt

I think a lot of these would be good as just regular additions to his base abilities. Wukong needs a bit of work before DE focuses on augments to him.

I really like the idea of him creating clones when Defy procs. It would be a good way to draw attention away from you to prevent you from getting killed again immediately and give the ability more usefulness than purely not dying. Not that it isn't useful, but most new abilities these days are doing 10 different things and can be combined for additional effects so simple abilities in most cases get old fast...

I would like some kind of effect when Defy procs that improves with each proc during the same instance of Defy. As it stands, there's no real reason not to turn the ability off and recast it in order to keep energy consumption low. I'm not really sure what I'd want the effect itself to be.

24 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I would like some kind of effect when Defy procs that improves with each proc during the same instance of Defy. As it stands, there's no real reason not to turn the ability off and recast it in order to keep energy consumption low. I'm not really sure what I'd want the effect itself to be.

"Gain charges for x at y charges next time defy procs refresh heal threshold" 

or 

"Defy no longer grants immunity to damage but heal no longer decreases after each proc"

or maybe just make it so that power strength applies to the heal percentage

Edited by ArdeKakka

Just now, ArdeKakka said:

"Gain charges for x at y charges next time defy procs refresh heal threshold" 

or 

"Defy no longer grants immunity to damage but heal no longer decreases after each proc"

or maybe just make it so that power strength applies to the heal

although I do not like the idea of that

An idea i had for a Defy augment;

True Defiance: Whilst Defy is active, Wukong is immune to nullifier bubbles (and the like that prevent ability use), however, whilst under the affects of a nullifier bubble (or similar effect) energy drain is increased by 4/3/2/1 energy/s (1 energy/sec at max rank NOT affected by power efficiency).

This way Wukong can always keep his Defy up and still use his other abilities even in high level corpus missions or in Orb Vallis, which i feel is his main weakness because as soon as one of those nullifier drones (the ones that give bubbles to other enemies), then Wukong is useless as if even his pinky toe goes in any bubble he will lose Defy and get Oneshot by surrounding enemies.

12 hours ago, ArdeKakka said:

Infinite HP? Where do I sign up for this?

1 hour ago, ArdeKakka said:

rolling guard already allows u to not give a #*!% so this ultimately wouldn't change anything

Rolling Guard takes up a slot. This doesn't.

1 minute ago, ArdeKakka said:

an augment doesnt take a slot?

Oh yeah, wait, yes, I must be drunk.

Still, standing there and face tanking like a baws with infinite HP beats actually having to roll and it would have no cooldown unlike the 4 seconds downtime on rolling guard.

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Oh yeah, wait, yes, I must be drunk.

Still, standing there and face tanking like a baws with infinite HP beats actually having to roll and it would have no cooldown unlike the 4 seconds downtime on rolling guard.

with rolling guard u can't really die unless something eats ur energy it would be the same with that