Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For you personally, did Fortuna fill the content drought?

German

39 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

My clan downloaded Destiny 2 for free and are still playing it after Fortuna launched. :thinking:

i will return to destiny in a few more weeks, im farming the arcanes and im done with full fortuna. I will dont fall in the toroid farm race though.

For me yes, because I am quite a collector so will try to collect all the stuffs.

For people who wants new missions etc, sadly warframe is all about those few missions type, so nothing will change much.

For those waiting for part 2, mostly just orb fights aka eidolon fights, so its just that and nothing much.

For those waiting for railjack, it looked new because of the ship we commandeer but I can bet missions are about the same or variants of present missions. Nothing new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uxx0 said:

Honestly I find D2 more fun because it's more mechanically challenging. That being said I'm done with D2 until Black Armory. WF is more of a login simulator for me as of now.

I enjoy the gunplay more than Warframe. Warframe is more of a melee game now a days impo.

I still dislike the class trees vs D1's more open trees.

But progression is what has stifled me. I literally log in every Tuesday & do everything Spider has to offer, do all the strikes for the Engram, get ikora's reward, do the 3 heroic story missions, & then on Wednesday I knock out the flashpoint, & etc.

But...I've been given rewards for the same 3 slots: Heavy, Gloves, & Class item for 3 weeks straight. So even farming primeengrams. I've grown 10 power after 3 weeks of dedicated play.

Its worn me out.

I dunno, I have a weird urge to get thousands of Fortuna gems that I will never spend by strip mining the entire Fortuna again and again. Something about having lots of gems is strangely satisfying, maybe because I am so poor RL that I don't even know what a gemstone is.

Yet this is not filling a content drought. It is just making me do something utterly stupid.

It did.

I've often caught myself feeling the "content drought" when I set some goal and spent a couple of days or more doing only that, happened with ESO, Eidolons, MR leveling...Now I'm trying to diversify my activities and even without Fortuna it felt better for me.

Currently I rarely get into an Arbitration, even though I want to, because I want more to get the rep for SU (hehehe now I know why it's not Fortuna United), Vent Kids, some Osteron rep maybe and with the sorties (with the higher chance to get a riven now or I'm lucky) the evening's gone. 

3 minutes ago, OptimumBow0 said:

what Fortuna really does well is its enemy design. Specifically the variety in the standard units and the dynamic offered from the threat level mechanic, which scared the crap out of me the first time I really experimented with it. Had a Jackal, Raptor, 2 Hyenas, and 2 Orbs pop out of the sky 10m out of my field of view and nearly got melted in 10 seconds. I've never had more fun, nor been more freaked out in my 5 years of owning this game.

But these are still not interesting to fight with....kinda.

All of those units still lack mechanics.  Still cant block that Orb's melee strikes and knock it over to shred its "bulb" with sick melee combo.... 

"Jackal" is not that Jackal we meet in the beginning. WHY?  It doesnt feel like a four legged tank anymore.  Also, why Jackal doesnt have "cannon" mode like "Dark sector" jackal?

Hyenas also do not hunt in packs for some reason. We get 1-2 of them.  I want an actual "hyena pack" to attack me at some point....Like 8 of those. Each with different ability.

Raptor....Why doesn't they drop explosive battery that i can use to blow stuff up? Why they dont do that awesome "Laser salvo"?   

Surely....all these units gang up on you.....But they lost their "boss charm". They are mere pawns now...without any real flavor.

I dont care about quantity of enemies and their types per battle.   I care about quality of combat.   And that were taken away in order to just....deploy them all together. 

I would prefer these "strong" guys to deploy in "pairs" ....Like   2 Orbs + Raptor...But these would be "real" ones. Not just "weakened" versions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The only bright side is that playing it has made me really appreciate Warframe & just how ridiculously "FUN" Warframe is.

Same here. To me it's just

how

s

l

o

w

Destiny 2 is. I'm barely on the second planet of the base game and I can't bring myself to keep going because it takes an age to get anywhere. I think I snagged one of the Fallen's speeder bikes and I still felt like a snail with a gun. To make matters worse, none of the items I picked up felt meaningful and sometimes took away from my gameplay experience. "Oh, I picked up a stronger SMG. Well, sorry shotgun I was really enjoying using. You're totally obsolete now. I wish I could justify using you, but unlike Warframe where I could bring you with me for several more hours and then pick you up again later with mods to make you powerful, an arbitrary 'power' number is king."

Even worse, I wanted my character to  be a void user, like my Operator. I specifically used Warlock and Awoken because I'm really fond of the whole 'void touched' situation. But, nope, after you get your powers back you're a fire swordsman now whether you like it or not. I like me some swords, but I preferred having mystic void powers.

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

For me yes, because I am quite a collector so will try to collect all the stuffs.

For people who wants new missions etc, sadly warframe is all about those few missions type, so nothing will change much.

For those waiting for part 2, mostly just orb fights aka eidolon fights, so its just that and nothing much.

For those waiting for railjack, it looked new because of the ship we commandeer but I can bet missions are about the same or variants of present missions. Nothing new.

The truth here.

All games eventually fall into a niche. Warframe is still very mission based & in the end "new" content will be variations of current missions.

DE is making landscapes because currently it's the best way to expand the game & "attempt" to keep it fresh.

What else can they do? Add another planet with more mission nodes? Players would say: "More of the same."

Eventually the landscapes will grow stale to an extent.

I see folks seem to have some disdain for Fishing, Mining, K-Drive, & etc. But...that breathes more life into the maps & gives players other things to do than mindlessly grind missions.

Side activities are a nice break from the norm of Warframe. But it does ring true they hardly fill a content gap.

Railjack will be a breath of fresh air but even that will only be able to go so far until it feels repetitive.

Jeez...its depressing when you think about it...

11 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I dunno, I have a weird urge to get thousands of Fortuna gems that I will never spend by strip mining the entire Fortuna again and again. Something about having lots of gems is strangely satisfying, maybe because I am so poor RL that I don't even know what a gemstone is.

Yet this is not filling a content drought. It is just making me do something utterly stupid.

Now you are a true Warfarmer, young padawan... 😁

I've come to the conclusion that I simply don't like their implementation of open world areas.

I find myself simply going back to the old missions and alerts. 

It's the same content loop but with way more downtime. Laggy elevator, host migration, rep gate, 1km between bounties. 

It's a means to end. Moas and kitguns. Moas aren't cool and my kitgun is meh. 

Back to regular missions that are faster, more efficient and more rewarding.

Not. For me, these are the same Eidolon Plains, only in winter.
Animal rescue doesn't interest me either.
Nothing interesting at all. 

The central characters evoke neither sympathy nor empathy. On the contrary, these severed heads cause discomfort.

Railjack still inspires hope.

I just skimmed this thread and everyone is so negative and complainy.

I recently came back to Warframe just in time for Fortuna and I'm having tons of fun. I'm on the game pretty much all free time I have. People are too freakin' busy powergaming and MAXIMISING FARMZ to actually sit back and enjoy the game. (I have lots of fun playing with gear I like not just because I want mastery, hence still MR19, and a Founder from 2013).

I have played all the quests now and I am super interested in the backstory and really excited to see where it goes. The open worlds are awesome, and you just gotta take a step back and LOOK at all the effort and passion that has gone into making them. They are beautiful

I love Warframe and I am 1800 hours into it and still having fun. That's more than any other game I ever played, combined. Maybe I'm just easy to please? But in actuality look at this way: Look at the Battlefield and Call of Duty franchise. That's just regurgitated over and over and all you do is shoot people in the same old maps over and over. It's not evolving in anyway, has no real story to it (SP is a joke) and yet SO MANY people love that? Why? 

Sorry I just had to post something POSITIVE in this thread.

• Like 4

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Sergent-Qc:

I also tried Destiny 2 for FREE .... for a few hours, but to be honest, it doesn't come close to what Warframe is for me, as a FREE game.

Fortuna brought more content to the table, for FREE .... period !

I get what you're saying but "free" isn't a valid argument anymore imo. At some point you need to buy things like slots, catalysts and reactors to properly enjoy the game in the long run and yes, while it's true that you can trade for plat (I do it alot myself) that platinum has to be generated through real money.

Honestly, as insane as it sounds, sometimes I wish Warframe isn't free to play for a variety of reasons.

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb RyzenMeow:

I just skimmed this thread and everyone is so negative and complainy.

I recently came back to Warframe just in time for Fortuna and I'm having tons of fun. I'm on the game pretty much all free time I have. People are too freakin' busy powergaming and MAXIMISING FARMZ to actually sit back and enjoy the game. (I have lots of fun playing with gear I like not just because I want mastery, hence still MR19, and a Founder from 2013).

I have played all the quests now and I am super interested in the backstory and really excited to see where it goes. The open worlds are awesome, and you just gotta take a step back and LOOK at all the effort and passion that has gone into making them. They are beautiful

I love Warframe and I am 1800 hours into it and still having fun. That's more than any other game I ever played, combined. Maybe I'm just easy to please? But in actuality look at this way: Look at the Battlefield and Call of Duty franchise. That's just regurgitated over and over and all you do is shoot people in the same old maps over and over. It's not evolving in anyway, has no real story to it (SP is a joke) and yet SO MANY people love that? Why? 

Sorry I just had to post something POSITIVE in this thread.

No need to be sorry, this is a discussion afterall.

However the big difference is that you came back after some time while many people, including me, have been waiting for big content through the year, especially the last few months have been as dry as a desert.

I hope you see where these people and me are coming from.

• Like 3

Not really. Fortuna is an improved open world, it's better than the plains in many regards and that's nice, but that's it. It's the kind of improvement I would have expected in the plains over the year. It's not bringing anything new so far, it feels a bit rude to call it a plain reskin, but I understand very well why people call it that.

I would pick a rework of the numerous unfinished things in the game over an open world that doesn't bring any new game play. Fortuna by itself isn't bad, I simply think it's not worth the time invested.

The last hope lies with the spider fights, but I have low expectations.

Just now, German said:

No need to be sorry, this is a discussion afterall.

However the big difference is that you came back after some time while many people, including me, have been waiting for big content through the year, especially the last few months have been as dry as a desert.

I hope you see where these people and me are coming from.

You're right, sorry. I did have a big (more than 6 months) break from Warframe. So it probably does feel more fresh for me. 

• Like 1

Let me just say that, considering i was waiting almost a whole year for content so i was expecting Fortuna to be a bomb, i was extremely let down to see it's more or less a copypasta of Plains of Eidolon just with some improvements here and there. And when you were tired of fishing, mining etc. because of PoE then you can probably guess the reaction when Fortuna came out.

I was expecting more.

1 час назад, uxx0 сказал:

No. Doubt the 2nd part is gonna do much as well.

EDIT: Steam user charts say it all:

unknown-15.png

Inb4 "but RDR2, Hitman 2 and AC:O take are out, ofc people are gonna play that..." Wonder what that says about Fortuna.

Pretty clear.
Speaking of RDR2 ... in my humble opinion, DE  in generally shouldn't chase Rockstar or Bethesda with all these "open worlds", but do what they did perfectly - excellent cinematic quests, great story, and a good dynamic corridor shooter with small, but beautiful and interesting locations. And develop direction Railjack.
I’m sure, if they had released Railjack now, and not Fortuna, there would be much more positive feedback. Fighting in space, in my opinion, is much more interesting than fishing and mining.

I got what i expected/Dressed. While Fortuna is fun, Sure, it feels Unfinished. For the default Ressources no sink exists.  Poe had baits and aw launchers, Fortuna has only nothing safe items you Build in small amounts (kitgun, moa and Board Parts).  To me, its an amazing Body with a ripped out heart and i Really hope that with Part 2 this Heart will be brought to the Rest. Till then, my main Fortuna Content will be searching places to Pull of cool kdrives tricks

To be honest, I looked in the update for new things to shake up my gameplay, or at least to make lackluster options better, to tweak weird things and make them a viable alternative.

Pet 2.0 was very lackluster imho. The kit guns aren‘t my taste (ugly, too strong, cookiecutter). K-Drives feel much worse than archwing as a means of transportation.

I like the effort DE put into the update, the heart. But if i get the choice between fortuna and a rework of the 5 least used frames plus 10 crap long existing mods I‘ll would take the latter.

I guess that depends on whether or not I consider the content drought to be an actual thing that actually happened. 

A lot of it came off more to me like people complaining that they had nothing to eat when they had cupboards full of food it just wasn't Pizza and they wanted Pizza. I'll give that the content during that period was on the inconsistent side, which IMHO was the biggest problem but it was there. 

As far as Fortuna goes, I'm enjoying it, there are aspects that I don't care for but they are largely outweighed by those that I do. I'm also looking forward to what Fortuna 2.0 (Orb Mothers etc) has in the works.

• Like 2