Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

For you personally, did Fortuna fill the content drought?

For about a week!

Second I want to clarify something which I feel is a major misconception (for the most part). I see a lot of people who says that the content we're getting is more than enough for casual players! (Not necessarily in this post)

CASUAL doesn't mean I do the same old low level content until my brain decides to commit seppuku from boredom!

Casual means I don't play more than a few hours a day. My progression is slower than normal but steady non the less. And since it took me more than usual to get far in the game (grinding and upgrading my gear) I naturally want to feel satisfied at the end of it! How? By actually using that gear on something challenging with bragging rights type of reward! As in NOT more edno or the materials I've already been collecting but rather something to show my skill, to show my dedication to the game and its mechanics!

• Like 2

I didn't rush my way through every single possible little thing to maximize my mastery like 99% of players do, so it's still keeping me busy. Been at this for five years, been making sure to stretch out what I have to avoid more burnout. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

if you were seriously experiencing a content drought, then nothing short of a completely new MMO was going to satisfy you. 

DE never promised fortuna was going to be 2k+ hrs or fresh WF content. If youre at the cusp of all there is to do in WF, there will never be an update that's going to give you that first time feeling.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

It did, very briefly.  It’s not so much the quantity of content but the quality that’s an issue.  Don’t get me wrong: Fortuna is a massive step above PoE and I’m spending a lot of time there, but it’s still lacking the sorts of content that would make it more engaging, replayable and able to hold my attention.  I’ve got some ideas of my own about how to do that, but for now I’m just hoping Fortuna part 2 brings more enjoyable Operator features rather than what it has been.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TheGuyver:

I didn't rush my way through every single possible little thing to maximize my mastery like 99% of players do, so it's still keeping me busy. Been at this for five years, been making sure to stretch out what I have to avoid more burnout. 

So did I, at least sometimes. Thing is the standing is already stretching it out, there is only a set amount of progression you can do a day and that's done in an hour. I want to progress more than just an hour per day, can't even stretch that out much more.

I want the old grind back, the grinding thats actually making use of what's Warframes key feature: Mass murdering. Showing the system who's the boss. Not daily 1h rep grind for a faction that doesn't bring anything to the table (lore wise)

Personally all my hopes are on The New War, Tenno vs Sentients, wipe out or be wiped out. If that isn't an opportunity for an amazing endgame then I don't know what is. Please DE, do this right.

• Like 1

Problem with fortuna is nothing is really new.

Sure the map is new but that doesn't really change anything to do with gameplay.

In the end when all is said and done, fortuna added some new secondary guns, a new pet, k-drives which have already become old and obsolete, and about 3 weeks of grind to get it all. that's about it.

• Like 2

In all honesty the only type of update DE could add that would please the Veteran & Hardcore community would be an update that:

1. Add Multiple Landscape (Open World...) maps for multiple planets.
(To keep the game fresh players need more than 1 map to play on. Plain & simple. Perhaps each planet would have 2 maps: 1 Lower-Mid Level, 1 High Level)
2. New Mission types (No idea what new missions types could be without falling into the "annoying" or "Repetitive" bin)
3. Some form of deep & cinematic storyline for each planet, map, with multiple outcomes.
4. A complete revamp of combat & enemies. (Which funny enough people clamouring for challenge get up in arms about when DE attempts to change things. The scrapped Combat change comes to mind...)
5. Time-Gated Content (Bungie has used this to some manner of success it seems.)
6. Hardcore Daily Caps that are not boosted by Mastery Rank to prevent folks from maxing out asap

All of the above is an extremely unpopular opinion...but lets be honest. It'd make content last, it'd also prevent the folks who get off from work/school & spend the entirety of their free time on the game from burning through everything in an instant, it'd also allow DE to give/offer the challenge that players desire; which at this point does require both an Enemy Rework & Combat mechanic rework. Such as the cancelled IPS & etc changes.

Yeah the changes were highly unpopular, my only objection to it was that DE needed to ALSO make these changes coupled with an enemy (stats & armor) change. But overall they would have done what players have been asking for which to put it bluntly is a nerf to player power, & an interesting buff to enemies to create challenge so what content is in game & added to the game (Fortuna) remains interesting.

But, the dev time on those systems I admit...would be something fierce.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Bounties and other options would be more efficient of course, but it'd at least be a nice bonus to make you feel like that the random coildrive you decided to chase down for fun, or that raid on the Temple of Profit you did without seriously farming for Toroids wasn't a complete waste of your time.

If you did it for fun, it wasn't a complete waste of your time.

And if having some fun is a waste of time for you, maybe you should rethink your priorities and life choices?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

In all honesty the only type of update DE could add that would please the Veteran & Hardcore community would be an update that:

(To keep the game fresh players need more than 1 map to play on. Plain & simple. Perhaps each planet would have 2 maps: 1 Lower-Mid Level, 1 High Level)
2. New Mission types (No idea what new missions types could be without falling into the "annoying" or "Repetitive" bin)
3. Some form of deep & cinematic storyline for each planet, map, with multiple outcomes.
4. A complete revamp of combat & enemies. (Which funny enough people clamouring for challenge get up in arms about when DE attempts to change things. The scrapped Combat change comes to mind...)
5. Time-Gated Content (Bungie has used this to some manner of success it seems.)
6. Hardcore Daily Caps that are not boosted by Mastery Rank to prevent folks from maxing out asap

All of the above is an extremely unpopular opinion...but lets be honest. It'd make content last, it'd also prevent the folks who get off from work/school & spend the entirety of their free time on the game from burning through everything in an instant, it'd also allow DE to give/offer the challenge that players desire; which at this point does require both an Enemy Rework & Combat mechanic rework. Such as the cancelled IPS & etc changes.

Yeah the changes were highly unpopular, my only objection to it was that DE needed to ALSO make these changes coupled with an enemy (stats & armor) change. But overall they would have done what players have been asking for which to put it bluntly is a nerf to player power, & an interesting buff to enemies to create challenge so what content is in game & added to the game (Fortuna) remains interesting.

I fully agree with #1-3, in fact I’ve been mulling writing up some fan concepts about it for a little while now.  I’m not sure multiple outcomes would be doable in every case (and DE would need to make some major innovations to make that mean something), but certainly a sense of consequence needs to be introduced.

I’m not sure about a full combat revamp, but definitely combat needs to be reworked to be much more engaging and exciting (Fortuna’s enemies are a good start, but more is needed). That includes upping the number of NPCs that can spawn at any given time.  It’s 20 or so right now? At least 40 would be good.  Also, I think melee needs to be reworked to allow for duels (true parry, better blocking, countering, etc.). Those two changes would be a good start

3 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

If you did it for fun, it wasn't a complete waste of your time.

And if having some fun is a waste of time for you, maybe you should rethink your priorities and life choices?

I was saying that in the context of the game being a looter, to somebody talking about a game's reward mechanics.

I do this a lot for the intrinsic reward, but it's would be nice for an extrinsic one, even a small one, to fill the negative possibility space of going out and fighting them, particularly for people who want a combat alternative to bounties to get the last thousand points of standing or so before the next rank up or the next item. Like the person I was replying to.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb TheGuyver:

This is a good approach.

I have seen and talked to many people who already have maxxed ALL syndicates (even Ventkids), have build every item that gives mastery and levelled it and are now only farming standing the most efficient and fastest way, which is conservation. They probably didnt even had a lot of fun doing all this, but im not gonna judge it.

I just built my fist kitgun yesterday, and although i had looked up what the characteristics of each chamber are, i took my time to decide on my own how i want to build my kitguns and what their purpose shall be. Ofc i could have just watched a Youtube Video about the "best" combination and build that, but that would be less interesting.

I wonder if the people who only farm the most efficient (but also boring) way, let other people do all the "work" like thinking about possible combinations for kitguns, exploring the map and so on are also the people that complain about content droughts afterwards...because that would be kinda stupid.

Anyway, although Fortuna is basically 5 bounties and a bunch of new toys to grind for, i am enjoying it to a certain extent, and i think they improved over PoE.

Still, i think they have to put in some work to make this place worthwile and long-lasting, and i dont only mean the Orb-mother fights with that.

In my opinion, if they manage to do that, Fortuna and the Plains have the potential to suffocate the discussion about content droughts "forever".

If you want to know what i think would be this kind of long-lasting content (that takes much less work than building a whole new OpenWorld for example), check my topic in the spoiler and feel free to also add ideas there if you got something on your mind 🙂

Spoiler

Edited by DreisterDino
5 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I don't really care about having new open worlds. 2 is perfectly fine.

2 and 4 are for me the most important aspects. Regarding 2, I'd say new modes would be welcome, but even better would be an improvement of the current ones. There is no need to come up all the time with new content when we already have a ton in the game. It simply lack polish and could use some love.

4 is a major topic, and I think it should be done at some point. Our frames, weapons, and the enemies all scale way too hard. The difference between a level 5 and a level 100 Grineer is way too much, and the difference between un-moded base and 6 forma weapon is also way too much. The numbers are all over the place, and since we do so much they implement enemies with stupid gimmick to have them live for more than 0.1s. Jackals and spiders are immune to damage when the land in Orb Valis. There is no reason for that, except that we have so much damage that we could kill them before they land if not for the immunity.

Challenging content is never going to be a thing as long as the whole damage/defense system is reworked and stop scaling so damn hard. It most likely means a nerf of all the mods across the board.

Yes and no. It did give me a reason to logon a few times per week again, and I still have a few things left to do there, going through it slowly. But the main attraction of PoE for me were the eidolons, they were the reason I wanted to farm and level up my operator stuff there, so I'm waiting for the spider boss fights before I pass judgment on Fortuna. As someone else said, too much fishing, mining and minigames atm, not what I play WF for. 

got to the highest standing in fortuna and now im just hitting my rep cap for when something worth using it on shows up. ATM I have no interest in kit guns because I feel its just another step towards warframe being a custom weapons only game where everyone runs the same thing (not that we dont run the same meta weapons any ways) but I just feel like normal weapons are gonna die off which sucks because now if there is no good gimmick they're gonna be mr fodder. I have not maxed vent kids because at a certain point I just bought a daily board and was like no rush anymore since they really dont offer much plus I use my archwing more since the map is more spread out. hopefully the spider bossed drop something worth wild like weapon arcanes for weapons that aren't zaws, honestly even then I see that dying fast so im curious as to what they make the boss drop.

Yes, because I'm playing the game again.
No, because I don't love the Orb Vallis.

I love Fortuna though! I really enjoyed the quest, and these characters. They feel infinitely more unique and believable than anyone in Cetus. I just wish that the Vallis wasn't so goddamn empty. Yes, there are caves, and lakes, and Corpus outposts, and a million giant mushrooms. But apart from that, I feel like I'm just flying through the same snowy landscape for ages. This is something I criticized POE for as well. I feel like there lacks diversity in the overall aesthetic of the world, and I feel there should be more Solaris actively working in the Vallis. I was hoping that DE would have put more effort into making the open world feel more alive. If there were Solaris workers out in the Vallis and we could spontaneously go help them out or something for some standing...I think that would help my ennui.

As far as content, I'm pretty much avoiding most of it because I don't care for it. I'm getting my standing by mining for gems. Don't care about kitguns, or MOAs, or Floofs, fishing isn't anything new, and the bounties are meh.

However, I love the bonuses you can get while doing bounties, the enemies, and the way you can increase the difficulty as well. I think these are great improvements from POE. I just wish there was more innovation overall. Did we really need to have mining and fishing again? It just feels like such busy-work, when I could be killing hoards of enemies instead.

Yea that part 2 is the problem. It clearly launched in a unfinished state. Orb fights and what you'd gain from those was one of major reasons I looked forward to it. But it's not in there yet. Also considering they said more moa legs, ventkid outifts and primary kitguns are coming clearly shows they rushed the release a bit to stop the content drought. While what we got is ok it's not complete so it's hard for me to judge.

16 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

if you were seriously experiencing a content drought, then nothing short of a completely new MMO was going to satisfy you. 

DE never promised fortuna was going to be 2k+ hrs or fresh WF content. If youre at the cusp of all there is to do in WF, there will never be an update that's going to give you that first time feeling.

Very true. Gaming industry has evolved so much in the past years that developers can't keep up with creating content often enough. People rush it in hours/days/week(s?) after being developed for months/years. It's the way it is, there is so much to work for in a game nowadays to keep up with the graphics and optimization that comes with it, giving a game deep depth takes a lot and no game can make enough content to satisfy customers who expect that content to last months. Only MOBAs can satisfy players in this regard simply because the core game stays the same while just adding new heroes/champions or skins, but nothing extremely new to change gameplay.

Edited by Vanille
16 hours ago, ClapTrap007 said:

I see a lot of people who says that the content we're getting is more than enough for casual players. Casual means I don't play more than a few hours a day.

A few hours are alot for most people. People that have e job and a family.

a casual players spends 1 hour per day tops, on average. Some day doesn’t play at all and maybe in the week end can manage to play for 3 hours straight.

and yes definitely fortuna brings quite a lot of play sessions for a casual player.

jeez nowadays if you play 3h per day you are a casual player

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

A few hours are alot for most people. People that have e job and a family.

a casual players spends 1 hour per day tops, on average. Some day doesn’t play at all and maybe in the week end can manage to play for 3 hours straight.

and yes definitely fortuna brings quite a lot of play sessions for a casual player.

jeez nowadays if you play 3h per day you are a casual player

Personally, I don't consider the defining factor for casual players by how long they play, but more HOW they play. I consider myself casual but I'll play longer than an hour per day during the week. I consider myself casual because I'm not investing forma into all my weapons or frames, or maxing out my prime mods, or doing sorties everyday, etc. etc. I just do the things I want, and leave the rest. You can still be casual without a full-time job and family, and obviously you'll have more time than someone with more responsibilities. Don't think it's really fair for you to tell someone else if their casual or not.

Edited by kinrest
13 minutes ago, kinrest said:

Don't think it's really fair for you to tell someone else if their casual or not.

But there has to be some definition of "casual" in order for DE to balance their game around.   It is no different how they defined "bite size" as basically 20-25 minutes buckets of time.   When I was playing "Everquest" during its peak, anything less than 8 hours a day was "casual".   I really don't want to go back there.  =P

11 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Yea that part 2 is the problem. It clearly launched in a unfinished state. Orb fights and what you'd gain from those was one of major reasons I looked forward to it. But it's not in there yet. Also considering they said more moa legs, ventkid outifts and primary kitguns are coming clearly shows they rushed the release a bit to stop the content drought. While what we got is ok it's not complete so it's hard for me to judge.

I can't blame them for doing what they did, but is a bit disappointing.

Feels like they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. If they didn't, longer drought, more people complaining, even leaving... not to mention an even larger update. But since they did, it feels half-done.

8 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

But there has to be some definition of "casual" in order for DE to balance their game around.   It is no different how they defined "bite size" as basically 20-25 minutes buckets of time.   When I was playing "Everquest" during its peak, anything less than 8 hours a day was "casual".   I really don't want to go back there.  =P

Mm Yeah I see your point.