Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For you personally, did Fortuna fill the content drought?

German

People also don't realise that the game should be looked at as a whole. I don't think the purpose of an update is to rekindle that day 1 Warframe feel for vets where you grind for 2k hours. The devs are adding to the overall game. The same vets complaining about content drought probably played far less varied WF content over and over for 2k hours 4 years ago. Without grinding and repetition, this game never really had much to do in the beginning. It was practically like 5 missions and a few tilesets... Over and over. In comparison, the stuff they release now is far more in-depth and varied than what vets had when they got hooked. 

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

People also don't realise that the game should be looked at as a whole. I don't think the purpose of an update is to rekindle that day 1 Warframe feel for vets where you grind for 2k hours. The devs are adding to the overall game. The same vets complaining about content drought probably played far less varied WF content over and over for 2k hours 4 years ago. Without grinding and repetition, this game never really had much to do in the beginning. It was practically like 5 missions and a few tilesets... Over and over. In comparison, the stuff they release now is far more in-depth and varied than what vets had when they got hooked. 

If i look it as a whole i see that after years of development they still recycle the very same old "5" missions and call them ESO, plague star, ghouls, arbitration, bounties. Different name but same gameplay (kill this, defend that). In PoE and OV surely you can feel much more immersion with NPCs, the open space and the excitement of dropships coming etc., but as a matter of fact no improvement at all in what you do (kill this, defend that). That's why players feel a content drought much faster, because they soon realize that at the root it's all a déjà vu. Eidolons and orbs may be an exception, as ai said, but really i cannot believe that the whole new frigging big map is just for that addition.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

However, the bulk of vocal players want "New Content" only, not realizing that DE can never keep up with it. Even AAA devs can't.
Bioware & Blizzard don't even try to keep up, they choose to focus on replayability first. Which is why Diablo has lasted so long, and it's why Anthem will probably last awhile too.

Development time to playtime is not an even balance. 1 week of soul punishing development time = 1 maybe 5 minutes of gameplay for you. Think about that.

So in the end, the "drought" will never end. But once DE finds the sweet spot & manages to create a strong replayability loop for Old & New Content by both refining core systems as well as implementing new systems. The so-called drought will be less noticeable.

I think that releasing "new" content that is not new, artificially made longer just by low drop chance, is inefficient and draining their effort. DE's concept of replayability is: here, have the same mission, just replay it with a different warframe/weapon and this fixed modifier. Replayability is new content made by itself, that's the secret of games like Diablo: procedurally generated maps and enemies/bosses (with procedurally generated statistics and abilities) bring fresh air, a feeling of new, every time that you start a new mission. In terms of development time is a una tantum big effort that can repay for years of replayability. And seeing what DE was able to produce till now, i think they CAN keep up with it by working on procedurally generated bosses and/or environemtal conditions (maps are already implemented in WF).

no, it did not. de should just focus on properly fixing the content they keep leaving behind instead of wasting the entire year on content thats doable in a couple of weeks. hell, they decreased the grind for fortuna yet all that did was go through the content even faster. 

it's not worth it

idea sounds good but result is boring, steril and not feels as "open world"

boss fights kind of cool, but they can do it without that much empty space

yeah, I would say new faction with new tileset and big arenas for boss fights, like eidolon and profit taker, will be much better time investment

Old thread is old, but my answer is still "no." Fortuna has very little actual content. There's one static albeit large zone, very little of which is actually used for anything besides looking pretty, there are about five mission objectives repeated over and over again and that's about it. Sure, Garuda (and now Baruk), as well as Kit Guns and Moa pets are useful in the rest of the game and those are definitely neat... But fortuna itself is a massive waste, in my opinion. It's definitely not bad, but for the amount of time, money and effort that went into making it instead of anything else, there's very little return on investment. I'd have been happy to have just the Warframes and added weapons, myself.

Creating these massive, non-randomised open worlds is a waste, as far as I'm concerned. Once upon a time, that used to be one of the biggest bottlenecks to old subscription MMOs, and usually the first thing to go when budgets had to be scale down. It's even worse in Warframe, though, because all we end up doing is jumping from point of interest to point of interest anyway, with the larger scale of the world adding only a longer commute. Not to mention the theme of these large open worlds is very pedestrian, as compared to Warframe's usual weirdness. It's "a meadow" and "a snowy field" when we could have had some kind of bizarre continent-spanning Orokin structure or a few levels or a Corpus megacity or even some kind of "hollow Earth" nonsense of a massive cave. Instead, it feels like we cribbed maps from World of Warcraft or Wildstar.

So no, Fortuna didn't do anything for me. If DE want to do more "open world" stuff, I'd highly suggest looking at random map generation for it, as well as a higher-concept theme.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-26 at 1:33 PM, German said:

For you personally, did Fortuna fill the content drought?

ofc not because its just the plains copy/pasted with a new skin, plains was dull and boring and strayed away from proper warframe gameplay trying to bring in minecraft, pokemon kids and people who want to fish...  with a space ninja.   It was the start of "Features" taking priority over fun or relevant gameplay just to attract a different genre of players, then we got fortuna which is just a reskinned plains, no different and as they have a fetish now for slow development on static large maps i doubt much will change in the future, more copy/paste with different gfx and names.

6 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

If i look it as a whole i see that after years of development they still recycle the very same old "5" missions and call them ESO, plague star, ghouls, arbitration, bounties. Different name but same gameplay (kill this, defend that). In PoE and OV surely you can feel much more immersion with NPCs, the open space and the excitement of dropships coming etc., but as a matter of fact no improvement at all in what you do (kill this, defend that). That's why players feel a content drought much faster, because they soon realize that at the root it's all a déjà vu. Eidolons and orbs may be an exception, as ai said, but really i cannot believe that the whole new frigging big map is just for that addition.

I think that releasing "new" content that is not new, artificially made longer just by low drop chance, is inefficient and draining their effort. DE's concept of replayability is: here, have the same mission, just replay it with a different warframe/weapon and this fixed modifier. Replayability is new content made by itself, that's the secret of games like Diablo: procedurally generated maps and enemies/bosses (with procedurally generated statistics and abilities) bring fresh air, a feeling of new, every time that you start a new mission. In terms of development time is a una tantum big effort that can repay for years of replayability. And seeing what DE was able to produce till now, i think they CAN keep up with it by working on procedurally generated bosses and/or environemtal conditions (maps are already implemented in WF).

What I'm trying to say is that why are you expecting Warframe to become something it's not all of a sudden?

The game has ALWAYS been shallow repetitive content. The last few updates by themselves still had more depth to it than the game had as a whole 2-3 years ago. 

Why are people expecting an update to be the equivalent of Skyrim? It's forever going to be repetitive grindy content. 

What are people hoping for exactly? 

To me it's the equivalent of complaining that the next Madden football game is only a football game. The game is what it is.

Edited by Hypernaut1

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What I'm trying to say is that why are you expecting Warframe to become something it's not all of a sudden?

What i proposed, a system to randomize what's already present into less predictable enemies/environments, is perfectly in line with the nature of the game. Saying "to become something it's not" is an incorrect overdramatization. Why i'm expecting what i said? 1) Because it would be an addition to make the "shallow repetitive content" less shallow and less repetitive with the resources that it already has. 2) Because the game is subjected to the laws of marketing and competition: if you don't innovate, you drown. Since i like the game, i just don't want it to happen and i try to give objective suggestions to the developers. 

The game has ALWAYS been shallow repetitive content. The last few updates by themselves still had more depth to it than the game had as a whole 2-3 years ago

If you're speaking about depth of lore, of immersion and of number of things to farm, i agree with you. But here we're talking about the depth of gameplay, the core and most important part of the game, what players do. Which didn't progress at all, that's why, in my opinion, we are so many here complaining.

Why are people expecting an update to be the equivalent of Skyrim? It's forever going to be repetitive grindy content.

Grindy and repetitive are two different things. Grind is the amount of time you put into something, repetitive is how you do that. No, doesn't have to be forever repetitive. Grindy yes, because DE gains money from people staying in the game, but repetitivity has no purpose. What are we trying to ask is to grind the same with less sensation of repetition.

What are people hoping for exactly?

From my point of view, i was already pretty clear and objective in the two previous posts.

To me it's the equivalent of complaining that the next Madden football game is only a football game. The game is what it is.

Not a nailed paragon: football has to be what it is because of international rules. Warframe is a game in continuous evolution, otherwise developers wouldn't listen to the forums (and they do) and wouldn't push for updates. And again, my proposals are not game-breaking but perfectly in line with what's already present.

Edited by DebrisFlow
  • Like 1

nah (answers to title).

POE and OV is basically the same boss wise, with syndicates mechanics (standing). the game is literally being copy pasted for 4 years. it's old now.

we asked for a cohesive continuing story which isn't that hard, to make the game feel like it has some progression to it and make it end with a planetary boss or whatever you choose. afterall they answer to higher commands.

what we get is a mish mash of scattered lore/memories of a war with no true background of the frame, or commanders or why it is so important to do this mission asap totally aborting all others that you are doing= the game feels empty.

sure you can gain xp/affinity for schools,syndicates etc, but whats next? there is no building up to a point (max whatever) to be prepared for the continuation of whats coming.

Warframe will quickly have to change and actually "evolve" from their stale and stagnant state they are in now to keep up with games like Anthem whom have copied the mechanics and has already set up their difficulty stages for all types of players plus have good continuing storyline. theyre not gonna survive from copying the spiders and the shield gfx they have on garuda taken from "javelines"