Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is our Tenno most likely going to age?

birdobash

So this was brought to my attention in another post, lorewise our Tenno is an anomaly, and we are supposed to assume we are the only Tenno who has unlocked our void powers and separated from our warframe and the operator cryosleep pods the lotus put us in.

Now my question is, now that our operator is outside the cryopods, but the others are supposedly not, will we age? Kind of like how Rell from chains of harrow aged and died, so he transferred his soul into the warframe. If so does that mean we will also eventually age and die? Before our brothers and sisters.

Tenno, like the orokin and corpus and even some of the infested, have life spans of hundreds of years, meaning, this will likely never have any bearing on the game.

That said, from a lore perspective, yes, it will likely happen.  

Personally I think it would be super cool if at MR 30 you could choose to have a young adult operator body type as a cosmetic option after completing a quest of sorts, but that's so far off to be even considering that mentioning it is likely pointless, not to mention it probably won't happen.  The benefit of course, would be to allow a new cosmetic mode to those players that did the grind and are rewarded for doing so, which would be ultimately good for game health i would think, but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

Spoilers, in absence of a spoiler tag

Spoiler

Rell didn't necessarily age and die. He replaced his body with Harrow's because he thought it was. Whilst it's likely that the Tenno do age, it is possible that we don't, at least not physically. Or DE could pull (another) Steven Universe and have our physical age tied to our mental age.

Though we're probably still pretty damn old. Medical technology and a dip in a hellscape without physics does wonders for the complexion I hear.

19 minutes ago, birdobash said:

So this was brought to my attention in another post, lorewise our Tenno is an anomaly, and we are supposed to assume we are the only Tenno who has unlocked our void powers and separated from our warframe and the operator cryosleep pods the lotus put us in.

Now my question is, now that our operator is outside the cryopods, but the others are supposedly not, will we age? Kind of like how Rell from chains of harrow aged and died, so he transferred his soul into the warframe. If so does that mean we will also eventually age and die? Before our brothers and sisters.

This would make no sense if they died,because what is the point for all this. But what they can do is that if they mature,they need some ultra cool reason for that. Like for example when we start walking we can fight and focusing on more powers and fashion. But in mature mod,we can have for example some special void melee and much better looking gameplay on what we have now with frames. And we need something extra in all that mature design,like using some warframe powers and combined in the 1 But so that you can not use they're last power 4...just the first 3 (for example: blind them and burning them a the same time) And bonus with all this mature look and gameplay,they can have some cool masks that shows how badass your operator is in the game...like some trophy that you can share for all 2 see

Edited by Vlada91

Even if they did, the story currently takes place within a few days of each other I think, maybe weeks, so there won’t be any time to see them age. It’s been 5 years for us (or 3 since the 2nd dream) but there’s nothing that tells us it’s also been 3 years in the game world 

From a purely practical standpoint, I don't think it will happen. It would require them to make new models for all the operator costume and rigging a new body/skeleton to new animations.

From an design standpoint, it's 50-50. Some of the operator suits will probably look a lot better with more mature body size while others would probably look like a 16 year old trying to dress up like a 10 year old.

While I would like to see a full-sized Smelter Suit, I think what we have now is probably the best practical choice. Even if we do actually age when outside of the pods, they're likely going to fit the story into a time frame where they can avoid it.

Edited by Flandyrll

I wish...

But as mentioned DE is probably too lazy to make a new character model.

So I can never get the Saryn shaped operator. Even then the face won't look good anyway.

34 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

From a purely practical standpoint, I don't think it will happen. It would require them to make new models for all the operator costume and rigging a new body/skeleton to new animations.

From an design standpoint, it's 50-50. Some of the operator suits will probably look a lot better with more mature body size while others would probably look like a 16 year old trying to dress up like a 10 year old.

While I would like to see a full-sized Smelter Suit, I think what we have now is probably the best practical choice. Even if we do actually age when outside of the pods, they're likely going to fit the story into a time frame where they can avoid it.

I think that is not that hard as you think,because heres is  good example with some old bug: https://imgur.com/DSFIWgg if bug can do this then its not big problem for DE to create all for mature look....they just need 2 add mature face and that's it.

Edited by Vlada91

14 minutes ago, Toppien said:

i dont want to be a space brat forever ;A;

Yea me 2,and I dont like that npc in fortuna are much bigger then my frames. And with operator next 2 fortuna npc I look like kids from K-Drive,and I just don't liked...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, (XB1)JSNforce Prime said:

Can I get a source on that? 

If our individual Tenno are the ONLY free and empowered Tenno, what is keeping Stalker or Alad or anyone from just going to Lua and slaughtering the kids in their sleep? 

I dont have a specific source but I have a link to another discussion where we discussed the ramifications of which was more probable. if we WERENT the only tenno empowered then the story doesnt make sense and we should stomp the other factions, which apparently we cant.

I think it would be cool if we get three choices.

1. We stay the way we are.

2. We grow into adults (old adults could be a cosmetic option). 

3. We do what Rell did but still have the option to switch frames.

Edited by RoninJed

im on board with wanting space kid to age but im unsure if de will allow and if lore supports it they might not age 

Spoiler

but per the games lore if i recall, the tenno were subjected and were "changed" by the void, and we put in stasis for who knows how long under the 1st dream 

they are refereed to by orokin as "devils" "void demons" ect and its assuming that the queen (tww) wanted our body because we dont age  and can innately use transference /void powers 

4 hours ago, (XB1)JSNforce Prime said:

Can I get a source on that? 

If our individual Tenno are the ONLY free and empowered Tenno, what is keeping Stalker or Alad or anyone from just going to Lua and slaughtering the kids in their sleep? 

That's why the Warframes defend it on the missions

They should totally change the current operator animation making it less orc running style and more realistic movement. Then we get the adults with more agility to move/run and fight.
They could also give us the chance to choose martial art style for our tenno as melee combat.

They did add more shapes to all operator clothes/armors in Chimera/Fortuna. So technically they added maybe 3-4 years to their age if judging by their looks, from barely teens to mid-teens.

Personally I want them to stay as kids, as it makes it all so unique in style and a very cool contrast to their crazy warframes. Have them grow up and they will all just look like Overwatch characters running around, lol. 

I wouldn't however mind some more sliders to adjust proportions, much like in Elder Scrolls games and such. That way DE won't have to make separate versions of all the clothes and armors. But in the end they would still have to rework everything to make it work, so it will likely never happen considering other priorities.

DE is saying that they listen players what they want...but I wish that they do about this,because this is not first topic about mature operatos. And it can bee weary good idea. So I think that they need to focusing more about this idea then for some random stuff that no 1 care...