Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't understand why I lag...

MollAgdeduba

Question

As the title say. I tried to do a lot of things, but i can't play warframe without lag, so i ask to community if someone had  problem like mine, and how it was resolved.

My OS is Windows 7, 64 bit

DirextX 11

Graphic card: Zotac Nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti

I7 core, 8 gb ram

All Nvidia driver are at last update

Now i'm playing fulscreen at resolution 1024 x 768 (the resolution just better than 800 x 600) with all things disabled or at low level for the one that couldn't be disabled.

Someone has any suggestion? 

13 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GoSonic said:

Is it a problem with just Warframe or every game?

Usually other than warframe i play strategy game like Heart of iron 4 or Europa Universalis; both played withut any problem but they have not too much graphic.

I've also played Fallout 4 and it hasn't any problem, and there i think ther's more graphic....

That sounds fundamentaly wrong as my system is almost identical to yours but with a weaker GTX 1050 and it's a laptop on top of all things and I run the game at a steady 60+ in the orb vallis and 100+ everywhere else with everything maxed out at 1080p (max resolution of my monitor)

Edited by EDM774

9 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

but i can't play warframe without lag

Are we talking about lag or stutter? Most of the people are confused and use the wrong term.

Stutter is low fps and inconsistent frames. Lag is delayed action after pressing a button.

If you are referring to an actual lag: Do you play public/in groups and are not the Host? That's the problem since Warframe is p2p in ALL missions 

edit: Hosts have a little number 1 next to their name while the group has 2, 3 and 4 in the order they joined

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, EDM774 said:

That sounds fundamentaly wrong as my system is almost identical to yours but with a weaker GTX 1050 and it's a laptop on top of all things and I run the game at a steady 60+ in the orb vallis and 100+ everywhere else with everything maxed out at 1080p (max resolution of my monitor)

I know that i've something wrong... but can't understand where is the problem, cause in my system info, all the hardware look OK, correctly installed and with the right driver...  

2 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

I know that i've something wrong... but can't understand where is the problem, cause in my system info, all the hardware look OK, correctly installed and with the right driver...  

I don't know if your CPU has an integrated GPU in it but maybe try looking at task manager (performance tab) when warframe runs and check if your GTX 1050Ti is being even used (dual GPU setups with integrated GPUs often do this where the system "forgets" which one to use) if it stays at idle or low usage try telling the Nvidia control pannel to use it as a main GPU . and if you don't have an integrated GPU in the CPU then I'm out of ideas for you my friend.

Edited by EDM774

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Are we talking about lag or stutter? Most of the people are confused and use the wrong term.

Stutter is low fps and inconsistent frames. Lag is delayed action after pressing a button.

If you are referring to an actual lag: Do you play public/in groups and are not the Host? That's the problem since Warframe is p2p in ALL missions 

edit: Hosts have a little number 1 next to their name while the group has 2, 3 and 4 in the order they joined

The problem is everywhere... when i paly online, when i play solo, when i'm the host or not, also when i'm in the orbiter...

I call it lag, but is something like the one you call Stutter

4 minutes ago, GoSonic said:

What kind of FPS do you get on normal starchart missions?

Is your monitor's resolution 1024 x 768?

Is the cable that is plugged into your PC, from the monitor, connected to your GPU Ports(Not mobo ports)?

Monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080, but i tried to set it lower to 1024x768 and nothing change. The cable is connected to the gpu.

Ususally in normal mission i have from 20 to 30 fps, but they are not absolutely stable 

Edited by MollAgdeduba

5 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

I call it lag, but is something like the one you call Stutter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

In online gaming, lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server supporting the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

You can't make up names for different things, it confuses other people. You don't call a car spaceship, do you?

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Did you build the system yourself or was it a pre-built? Also what is your RAM configuration? Are they a matched set? Is it multiple sets of different brands/types?  

I dunno why but I just get the instinctive feeling that it's some sort of mismatched ram issue. I'm probably totally wrong but that's one of the things that comes to mind that might cause inconsistent performance with a system that from the sound of it shouldn't be having much of an issue with performance. 

That hardware should be able to run the game in 1920x1080 with everything set to high.

Like EDM774 said, verify it's actually using the Nvidia card.

Check to make sure your GPU and CPU fans are running and not full of dust, that could throttle them down.

Verify game files (the small cog in the launcher and the verify button).

Change the graphics settings to High - that rig should be able to run that.
You can try changing fullscreen <-> borderless fullscreen and see if it makes any difference.

Install latest Nvidia driver, choose "custom" and "clean install".
You can try setting "prefer high performance" in the nvidia drivers.
You may also try setting Windows energy settings to high performance.

If that doesn't help you can delete the Warframe settings in users\*yourusername*\appdata\local\warframe. Delete the .cfg-files and any folders with long random names.
(This will delete all your keybindings and such also so you may want to back them up before you delete them.)

If nothing of this helps, make a support ticket.

Good luck!