Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes the Atterax good?

DelusionalDunmer

Question

13 answers to this question

Spin2win has over 20 meter radius and its very high slash gives you a decent chance of dealing additional true damage over time.

Mixed with Crit mods (Maiming/BloodRush/Organ Shatter) it still crits for about 300k on Lv 150 enemies. That was one of the main reasons for the punchthrough nerf 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

18 minutes ago, nrobnogarD said:

I don't understand why its so good

High Crit Chance with a massive 3x Crit Multiplier.

Decent Status Chance plus a focus on Slash damage.

Range.

All of that, on a Mastery Rank 2 weapon? Yes please 😛

You can crank up your Crit Chance with Blood Rush to stupid levels, supported by that juicy 3x multiplier,
and then you get (Crit) Slash procs on top of that (Slash procs are OP, they straight-up ignore Armor & Shields),
maybe toss on Viral damage and Condition Overload to melt stuff even more fasterer, and you have a beast of a weapon.
(Not to mention the Maiming Strike option, as Whip slide attacks aren't too shabby.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

Maiming Strike, Primed Reach, and Blood Rush is what makes Atterax good. Those Mods can make it reach endurance levels (200+) without that many issues. For Sortie level, Blood Rush and Primed Reach is enough for you. Atterax is also Slash based which works well against high level Armor and when you have the Maiming Strike Combo, the slash procs would let you kill high level enemies Faster. 

Basicaly, the wep (and many others) is op when used for Spin2win, which is nothing more than slide attack spam with high range weapons.

Unless you want to actualy play the game, you can try it, as it's one of the most effective ways to grind. Depends if you want fun over reward or the opposite.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Spin2win has over 20 meter radius

Maybe if you're using a Scoliac with a +Range riven. Whips with just Primed Reach go around ~12m at absolute best.

OT:
It's because of the MaimingStrike+BloodRush combo. MaimingStrike's additive +90% crit chance is actually multiplied by Blood Rush, which allows every melee weapon in the game to reach absurd levels of crit chance very easily. (A hypothetical weapon with 0% crit chance can literally reach >530% crit chance at 3.0x combo with just these two mods.)

It's unknown whether this interaction is intentional... because while the devs have mentioned MaimingStrike's overpoweredness a lot of times, I don't recall them EVER mentioning the MS+BS combo that makes it so OP in the first place. But, I digress.

Basically, MS+BS works best with weapons that have good slide attack hitboxes (for spamming slide attacks) and high crit damage (since this will result in better damage when your crit chance is in the hundreds-- for example, a weapon with 100 slide damage and 3.0x CD will scale better than a weapon with 200 slide damage and 1.5x CD).
Atterax is king because it has both of these qualities-- and, on top of that, it's Slash-based with a decent Status chance, meaning that it can bypass armor very easily.

Edited by SortaRandom

24 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

So the BR / BC combo is still viable without Maiming then? I have all the mentioned mods but don't care for sliding around so don't use MS, any need for Drifting Contact?

drifting contact keeps the combo multiplier up. Your damage is much higher when you can maintain this. It's a very useful mod. I tend to use it in a lot of my melee weapons regardless of build

7 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

So the BR / BC combo is still viable without Maiming then? I have all the mentioned mods but don't care for sliding around so don't use MS, any need for Drifting Contact? 

I would add Drifting contact for the 12 second combo counter.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

So the BR / BC combo is still viable without Maiming then?

I'd say so, you of course don't get anywhere near as high of a Crit Chance boost
but with, say, (just) Sacrificial Steel added, you're already at ~200% Crit with a 2.0x Combo Counter,
plus you get to have fun with Stance combos and whatnot.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

any need for Drifting Contact?

The main effect is almost as good as Body Count, it costs less Capacity,
and it gives you more (again, yay Slash) Status pwnage. Worth it over BC, IMO.

2 hours ago, nrobnogarD said:

Wow that is incredible. I really must have the wrong build then! Thanks a lot guys!

It's not necessarily the build as much as it's how it's used.  Take away the spin2win spamming and the Atterax isn't anymore fun or effective than something like the Nikana (Prime).  That said, you build it to fit how you play.  

Since I play Ivara in Prowl, the spin2win Maiming Strike is a completely useless mod for me.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's not necessarily the build as much as it's how it's used.  Take away the spin2win spamming and the Atterax isn't anymore fun or effective than something like the Nikana (Prime).  That said, you build it to fit how you play.  

Since I play Ivara in Prowl, the spin2win Maiming Strike is a completely useless mod for me.  

Ivara is my most played as well, I don't slide at all really so I have it but have never put it on a weapon. - slide crit rivens stats are a bonus for me too.