Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about a Support Tank?

(PSN)ALPHA-DEDALUS

How about a new warframe called "Sentinel". 

His first: Deploys a shielding barrier that destroys once destroyed or a new one is deployed. Roughly the same size of Volt's sheild.

His Second: A healing pod that works similar to the healing pancakes we know and love.

His Third: A mountable turret that once runs out of ammo; destroys.

His fourth: Deploys a Drone that shoots out grenades that deal 900 damage and lasts 20 seconds. And occasionally heals.

Oberon as a Paladin is conceptually a support mixed with a tank but mechanically doesn't really full-fill this role past medium level enemies. For the other abilities, overall sounds like a mix of Oberon and Vauban with a wee bit of Atlas or Volt. Could work for an acolyte the way DE does mixing and matching for them.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ALPHA-DEDALUS said:

His first: Deploys a shielding barrier that destroys once destroyed or a new one is deployed. Roughly the same size of Volt's sheild.

His Second: A healing pod that works similar to the healing pancakes we know and love.

His fourth: Deploys a Drone that shoots out grenades that deal 900 damage and lasts 20 seconds. And occasionally heals.

This sounds like an area control tank-ish frame, which Oberon in particular does very well, with Rhino, Frost and others also able to perform this role.  Since healing pads are a thing, I don't see any reason to make it an ability.  I think DE has been good about making unique new ideas for frames for all the recent ones (Khora, Revenant, Garuda).  While they might not be the most 'meta' frames, they aren't cookie cutter rpg builds and I appreciate that, we already have lots of frames to fill those basic archetypes.  I do really like the idea of a frame that can deploy a turret though.

20 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Oberon as a Paladin is conceptually a support mixed with a tank but mechanically doesn't really full-fill this role past medium level enemies.

I use Oberon for Arbitrations all the time.  Go for an Umbral build with Phoenix Renewal and he is very good for high level stuff.

5 minutes ago, Holonomic88 said:

This sounds like an area control tank-ish frame, which Oberon in particular does very well, with Rhino, Frost and others also able to perform this role.  Since healing pads are a thing, I don't see any reason to make it an ability.  I think DE has been good about making unique new ideas for frames for all the recent ones (Khora, Revenant, Garuda).  While they might not be the most 'meta' frames, they aren't cookie cutter rpg builds and I appreciate that, we already have lots of frames to fill those basic archetypes.  I do really like the idea of a frame that can deploy a turret though.

I use Oberon for Arbitrations all the time.  Go for an Umbral build with Phoenix Renewal and he is very good for high level stuff.

I use Oberon for most missions, but he doesn't carry the tank aspect as well as his concept would imply. For instance, Frost, a mage knight concept has more innate armor than Oberon, hek even with armor mods, that just puts Oberon up to around Frost's default resistance rating to damage. I have considered Umbral mods, but currently given the amount of time and forma I have put into both Oberon's so far, I can't really justify reforma'ing them just to fit on a full set. Maybe if we have an Umbra Oberon with more innate armor and a scarf!

2 hours ago, Holonomic88 said:

You just made me desperately want Umbra Oberon...

Have you tried Adaptation and/or Arcane Guardian?  Both work wonders thanks to his regeneration. 

Fingers crossed on Umbral Oberon! 😄 while adaptation has decided to play hard to get for me for now. I have done several different combinations of Arcanes however. Using Guardian is an excellent option.

Oberon is one of the few frames that actually benefit from all three umbra mods since you would slot their equivalent anyway. Ofc it is a good thing if an umbra of him appeared.

Il y a 3 heures, Urlan a dit :

Oberon as a Paladin is conceptually a support mixed with a tank but mechanically doesn't really full-fill this role past medium level enemies.

Uh? Before adaptation even existed i could run my full umbral set oberon into lv 480 mot... That's a bit over mid level xD

On the OP's concept, it might be good with some work but I'm not exactly sure about the whole support tank thing. 

It looks more like a full support with some healing thrown in. Still, a deployable-based frame sounds cool. 

For those arguing that oberon does not make a good support tank in higher lvls.......Pls play him more.  I use him on a daily basis and He is most definitely a great support tank.  Best part is, he makes all frames in party with him very tanky and in Arbitration alerts makes your party near immortal. 

Build: Umbra Vit, Intensify, armor; Blind rage, Flow, Rage (or hunter if with pet), 2 auger (depending on needs) and 1 Augment (9/10 its phoenix renewal but some times smite infusion).  Aura is usualy steel charge but if your willing to use lower rank blind rage you can use growing power.  This build is nearly immortal assuming your not standing there letting them shoot you up as lvl 200+.  under lvl 100 it is needed to stop running around and let them shoot you so you keep energy up.

At this time no one warframe is the end all support tank as its meant to be.

From what I am seeing you want a Soldier added from Borderlands 1 with a mix of borderlands 2.  I would love such a frame in game but not a tanky frame as I feel this would be too much or unbalanced.  Already we have this issue with certain frames and it would be easier not to make more OP frames.