Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Sugestions for a Nyx Update/Tweak

Fil089

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to read a bit of my thoughts.

Nyx is a frame I love ever since I got my hands on it, but I usually never have a good chance to play her because of her primary role. But this doesn't matter right now. I got some sugestions to "Enhance" Nyx's first and second abilities and I hope they at least spark some people to think about it too.

Mind Control is an ability that, as of the moment of writing this post, on it's on is a fine ability. You control an enemy to turn on their allies. My problem is that this seems to be all this ability does. I don't see why this is it specially considering that Nyx could "enhance" the enemy she controls while this ability is active. And by that note you might already know what my sugestion to this ability is: Let the controlled enemy be "buffed" while it's been controlled by Nyx. It doesn't need to be much, just a damage and innate defenses (armor/max sheilds) buff while affected by mind control should suffice.

Psychic Bolts is just a damage ability. And a pretty bad one too. If it had more damage or affected all enemies in Nyx proximity it would be better, but not good still. Since Nyx theme seems to be confusion, why don't we give this ability some crowd control? Make this ability stop enemies or simply turn them on each other. It would still be less effective than Chaos, but it would be an alternative for players to utilize if they find themselves on a situation where they can't use Chaos or it would be less effective to use a massive confusion ability on a single/small group of enemies. But that alone won't make this ability atractive, since this is only giving it "nerfed innate Chaos". So what about taking some innate defenses from enemies as well? Now Psychic Bolts is atractive because it can strip enemy armor/max sheilds and dilute aggro, albeit on a smaller scale than Chaos.

What you think? Are these sugestions interesting to make Nyx a more attractive choice? I know this is not a radical change, but are these changes interesting to apply?

Let's have a discussion. And thanks for reading this stream of thoughts.

1 minute ago, TzXtetriC said:

They definitely need to change her 2 for something new

Why is that so?

After looking at Nyx I realized she needed more utility on her 1 and 2. As I said in the post, Mind Control is just Mind Control and Psychic Bolts is just a damage ability. They need more to be compatable with her.

But what would you sugest to be on the place of Nyx's 2?

43 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

You forgot Pathing AI of the enemy is bad. Mind Control should change that AI so the MC target can actually do dps and be shield rather than hiding in cover.

I'm trying to work with what we have right now. But I do agree that the AI in general might need a rework, probably from the ground up.

34 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

Id say a buff skill, giving your mind controlled minion a big dmg increase buff sacrificing part of your health so it can actually kill things helping you while its duration is active

Excluding the fact that Nyx is already paper-thin, that idea seems nice. Maybe by energy cost or other method perhaps?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They already stated that the mind control rework may involve you shooting the target after you cast on it to give them a butt load of damage to start killing enemies with.

I didn't keep up with the patchnotes, but that is one nice thing for one of the two proposed abilities on this topic.

i hope DE doesn't change chaos or absorb because they're both really good as is. its just mind control and bolts that are bad. psychic bolts need to go because it barely does damage passed lvl 20. mind control could be better like being able to fully control an enemy like Ivara's navigator.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)JNR1337 said:

i hope DE doesn't change chaos or absorb because they're both really good as is. its just mind control and bolts that are bad. psychic bolts need to go because it barely does damage passed lvl 20. mind control could be better like being able to fully control an enemy like Ivara's navigator.

Then what you think of the changes I proposed here?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)JNR1337 said:

i like the idea of enhancing or buffing the mind control target but if that was going to actually be a new feature there would probably be a damage cap on how much you buff the target.

I don't see a problem with that as long as the mechanic of the buff involves an percentage additive on the target. They already scale by mission level, the buff don't need to be much bigger.

Mind Control in Wave-Missions sucks because the next wavs doesn't stop unless that enemy is killed as well. Please change this. It's possible (see Revenant). Or let the enemy commit suicide when he's the last one, or whatever, but please make it stop.

I hate Absorb. Usually I sit around doing nothing, being bored, waiting for Absorb to charge up. While the other players nuke the room. That power feels totally useless. Unless I solo a mission and even then, it's IMHO the antithesis to our parkouring space ninjas. Perhaps give me something to do while sitting around, or speed the whole thing up. Or what about a mini game to amplify range / damage or to reduce the buildup time. Perhaps tagging enemies that get extra damage (or get extra aggro at Nyx), or drawing obscure patterns inside the bubble for some buff on exiting.

Edited by thor_sten

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It hasn’t been implemented, it was mentioned in a devstream.

Even so, that's a possible solution the devteam had sugested for the community. Now, what do you think they could do with Psychic Bolts? I've already gave my ideas. Care to share yours?

1 minute ago, thor_sten said:

Mind Control in Wave-Missions sucks because the next wavs doesn't stop unless that enemy is killed as well. Please change this. It's possible (see Revenant). Or let the enemy commit suicide when he's the last one, or whatever, but please make it stop.

I hate Absorb. Usually I sit around doing nothing, being bored, waiting for Absorb to charge up. While the other players nuke the room. That power feels totally useless. Unless I solo a mission and even then, it's IMHO the antithesis to our parkouring space ninjas. Perhaps give me something to do while sitting around, or speed the whole thing up. Or what about a mini game to amplify range / damage or to reduce the buildup time. Perhaps tagging enemies that get extra damage (or get extra aggro at Nyx), or drawing obscure patterns inside the bubble for some buff on exiting.

Most new players to Nyx don't seem to know they can shot the Mind Controlled enemy and cancel the ability to kill it. That already solves this problem.

And most people don't seem to know that you can shot your friend Nyx's Absorb Bubble to cap it's damage faster. Nyx depends too much on her allies, I agree, but those are issues that could be solved with better comunication on how certain abilities work.

This issue is prevalent across the board in this game. Which might promote player interaction, but also frustration. I believe the later is your case? 🙂

In my opinion Nyx Mind control is almost useless

It deals almost no damage, even with the Mind Freak Augment

You want the mind control to distract enemy? Nekros can do that and even with Health and Damage multiply

But if they do what they said on Nyx Rework list,about shooting her with a powerful gun like a Tigris and taking that damage,il be great,but it gotta be a 1 shoot,if  not its gonna become useless.

Also totally agree with @thor_sten

Also one more Thing,Nyx Chaos is good...Yes..but only in high level missions with enemies pass level 90,why? because a Discharge Volt or an Atterax + meme strike  take them out,Nyx is like Harrow,you need to be in a very high level mission to take advantage of your abilities

Just a comment.

(btw vooben also needs rework 😞 )

5 minutes ago, Bombarder0 said:

In my opinion Nyx Mind control is almost useless

It deals almost no damage, even with the Mind Freak Augment

You want the mind control to distract enemy? Nekros can do that and even with Health and Damage multiply

But if they do what they said on Nyx Rework list,about shooting her with a powerful gun like a Tigris and taking that damage,il be great,but it gotta be a 1 shoot,if  not its gonna become useless.

Also totally agree with @thor_sten

1 minute ago, Bombarder0 said:

Also one more Thing,Nyx Chaos is good...Yes..but only in high level missions with enemies pass level 90,why? because a Discharge Volt or an Atterax + meme strike  take them out,Nyx is like Harrow,you need to be in a very high level mission to take advantage of your abilities

Just a comment.

(btw vooben also needs rework 😞 )

So, do you think my sugestions might be abble to adress this issue?

2 hours ago, Bombarder0 said:

But I am goin to be honest,DE looks even more at Warframe Reddit than the forums,I never saw an Dev from DE talk or respond to some of this threads,in fact I am sure this thread will die in matter of hours unless people come and comment a lot.

Well, sadly I don't use reddit, so...

Maybe make her 1st Ability a toggled Ability. So she can enhance the target in a specific way. I would vote for :

• Defense mode : give the unit a frost globe (like ice eximus)
  • Attack Mode : Damage buff for the target/allies in Range
  • Heal Mode : Healing Aura or Status immunity in a close range around the target

Either give them a fixed %-Bonus or scale with the damage they take in the first few seconds after casting. This would give her MC target abit of versatility.

i dont like or use her second projectile ability, and i think her passive traits could be improved with level up/rank up, i think all warframes should unlock some mods or quests that give out weapons, and mods, or at least allow for the players to get unique rewards as they get stronger outside of the factions and regular rewards that the game already has, i hate leveling up new weapons because it always ends akward, the rank up systems are very horrible and unrewarding for all of the warframe game, and should at leasty feature some unlockables, or items / relative resources / etc. Lex rank7 reward > unique bullet mod: 7hells randomized proc, nyx mods, etc.4444444444 MELEE RESIDUAL LINK 444444444 NYX TO SNACK 555555555

that aside THERE ISNT ALOT OF TEAM AND NON-COMBAT POWERUPS.

O, WHAT TO DO WHEN THERES NO ENEMIES...OHWELL? THERE! ARE BUSHES LET ME TRY! MAGIC! RESOURCES WILL COME TO MIND! AND MAYBE  WEAPONS TO MIND! IN MY INVENTORY, MAYBE I CAN USE GRANADES IF THEY ARE COMING TO GET ME OR SPOTIFY RADIO WAVES

/ / / POWERS FOR NYX WHEN NOT IN COMBAT / / / Owhen i played nix i really liked it alot, she was quick and easy to understand, mind control was a bit confusing when used for the first time, i can see how this ability can be improved, and also the enemies recoevry and what can be learned from possesing targets like a bluemage from final fantasy, maybe we can steal mods and resources while the nex/nix uses mind control, say Nyx effectively uses the ability and that the enemy has credits and random alien items, fighting a kubro nest, there could be some interesting resources[]...............just want to see some pet features and growth unlockables for all warframes who rank up, they all should get more than one passive ability, and non-combat uses for their super powers / energy allocation to sprint / ////.can we use nyx's power on our weapons and movemnt somehow i feel that she could burn additional items such as ammo and energy for witchery and other non-fighting things...probablay best to just allow her to influence and power up her pets, or give her one ghost or thingy ...bugs...like a bettle that explodes or shoots lasers, but requires energy and ammo.

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

the best thing for Nyx is being able to use her in non-combat situations and being aware that there will be times when mind control could be useless, or backfire under some circumstances to be real, say PVP, and when docked, or walking around a city, fishing, these abilities could just have some seconday fire added features, that allow the player to enhance their warframes movements and weapons or energy / modification, since i assume it would be easy to allow for resources and items to be enhanced when Nyx is in your party or fire team, discounts, additional mods, enemies handing her random resources and treasure, betrayal causing other enemies to drop more loot, team pets improved by nyx's abilities and passive magic.

DE has already mentioned in a recent Devstream what changes we're likely getting with her rework. (Keep in mind the information could change before it's released)

They said:

• Likely moving Chaos to 2nd ability and Psychic Bolts to 3rd.
  • Mind Control will allow damage to buff the target (I don't know if your damage or damage from enemies).
  • Psychic Bolts will be reworked, and strip enemy shields and armor.
  • Absorb will have it's damage formula changed to improve damage. (They might've mentioned changing damage type too, but I don't remember)

None of this is set in stone, and there's also possible synergy added that they didn't mention but we'll have to wait and see.