Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Microstuttering" of enemies in Orb Vallis

DreisterDino

Did you experience this?

What i mean is that the movement of all enemies isnt fluid in Orb Vallis, the greater the distance to them gets the more stuttering there is.

It doesnt matter if you play Solo or in a Party, as soon as there is some distance, they begin to stutter/lag.

I ask this question because i dont see many people talking about it in the FortunaFeedbacksection, the one thread i found had like 2 answers.

But for me, this is a huge factor for how enjoyable the gameplay of Bounties is, besides the simple fact that it looks weird ofc and ruins the atmosphere a bit.

Btw, in PoE i never had this issue, and its also not an issue in any other mission in the game, even if the distances are the same as the distance to enemies in Orb Vallis.

Yes, but that's just the rendering of enemies

Since they are far away, the game is not gonna load every little animation that they have, since Orb Vallis is massive compared to PoE, this is easier for your computer to handle

EDIT: Also, enemies in Orb Vallis have like special attacks, unlike normal enemies or in PoE, so it's the same reason, it's easier for your computer to load.

I don't see any options for that so I guess it's automatic

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

Yeah - I've noticed a certain level of stuttering. I do get decent frame rate and ping too (steady 60fps and 20-30ms) in both Fortuna and OV.

Makes it a bugger to aim at any kind of distance, with anything other than energy weapons. I'm fine with the Dera, but tend to miss shots with the Tiberon, Dex Sybaris and Burston.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

It's like LOD's but for animations.

It can also be an issue with render precision on distant objects, since the engine was developed for corridor shooters rather than open worlds. Still I think it does a good job compared to many other games.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Xenox_Ilz-ot:

Yes, but that's just the rendering of enemies

Since they are far away, the game is not gonna load every little animation that they have, since Orb Vallis is massive compared to PoE, this is easier for your computer to handle

EDIT: Also, enemies in Orb Vallis have like special attacks, unlike normal enemies or in PoE, so it's the same reason, it's easier for your computer to load.

I don't see any options for that so I guess it's automatic

While i understand that there maybe need to be some adjustments so Orb Vallis runs smooth, i dont understand the way they handled it.

And again, on the Plains, when an enemy is like 100m away, his animations are still fluid.

But in Orb Vallis they begin to stutter even before 100m i think. Also, i think the distances you can see are probably the same in both OpenWorlds since the Plains are plain (who would have guessed^^) and you can mostly look over the whole map, while in Orb Vallis there are mountains distracting the view so you cant look any further then you might on the Plains in most of the cases.

I think they should definetly find another way of optimizing the performance, because like @FlusteredFerret pointed out, this makes it hard to properly aim and shoot at the enemies.

I dont see the benefit of this...i mean, where is the difference between my game running smoothly but all enemies are lagging and i am lagging but all enemies are rendered smoothly. In the end, the experience suffers in both cases.

Edited by DreisterDino

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DreisterDino:

I dont see the benefit of this...i mean, where is the difference between my game running smoothly but all enemies are lagging and i am lagging but all enemies are rendered smoothly. In the end, the experience suffers in both cases.

Its a difference for enemies close to you. One methods makes them stutter as well, the other doesnt. Though upping the full render Distance a bit might be a middle Way for both sides

I perceive a lot of stuttering. Very visible on far away enemies and I see it pretty frequently on close enemies especially when the host is bad. But still see some “small teleports” and stutters even when I am the host.

and both my pc and internet are pretty good

4 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

And again, on the Plains, when an enemy is like 100m away, his animations are still fluid.

But in Orb Vallis they begin to stutter even before 100m i think.

I won't even quote myself, I'll just answer again:

Enemies in Orb Vallis have way more details (aka polygons to render), special animations, & special attacks never seen before, even in the plains

Of course Orb Vallis is gonna take way more resources from your computer than the plains

I'm getting this as well ever since Fortuna dropped. In the plains and everywhere else in the game, everything used to be fine. Enemies used to all have smooth movement animations. Now, everywhere seems to give me choppy animations and not even when they're super far away so, it's pretty jarring. I'd like an option to be able to turn this feature back off because it's just really, really ugly to look at and makes long distance aiming strange.

actually yes. But only when they came down from their ship (IF they drop to the ground. Some of them just stuck in the air for no apparent reason! lol).

10 minutes ago, Viges said:

Stuttering Dargyns in the sky :facepalm:

oh and this. I think this problem only came out after fortuna though. I don't think it happened before it.

Edited by kingvaldemir