Building Lesion - Blast or Weeping Wounds + Relentless Combination

Marakai

Question

So I want to build my Lesion and here are two builds I am thinking about. Please consider I don't have primed mods and I do not want to use broken  Maiming Strike and just macro-slides whole day so don't recommend me those :). Rivens are also out of question.

So both Builds Have: Preasure Points, Condition Overload, Fury.

First Build: 4x 60/60 mods for Corrosive + Blast and Drifting Contact.

With this one I can inflict Blast which: 1) count as two elements for Condition Overload and 2): allow me to deal bonus damage to knockdowned enemies (finishing damage).

Second Build: 2x 60/60 mods for Corrosive only, Weeping Wounds for 45% status per Combo multiplier, Relentless Combination which gives me 100% ot increase Combo Counter when Slash status deal damage and one other element (cold or fire) to have one more status for Condition Overload.

With this one I will have less default status, but I will have 45% status per Combo multi and 100% chance to increase combo multi with Slash status. Since Lesion is Slash weapon it should proc like carazy.

What do you think? One of those or maybe you have found out more powerful option with mixing those two?

13 answers to this question

Here's my zero forma build. I don't care for the range on lesion, so I don't use it often. This does a lot of damage though. I know you don't have Primed mods, so just replace those with the normal ones. 

7h9Rhj2.jpg

Edited by Kebast

1 hour ago, Kebast said:

Here's my zero forma build. I don't care for the range on lesion, so I don't use it often. This does a lot of damage though. I know you don't have Primed mods, so just replace those with the normal ones. 

7h9Rhj2.jpg

At least remove one 60/60 mod to use (Primed) Fury. Attack Speed helps a lot in dealing DPS, Corrosive + Heat or Gas + Cold work perfectly.

1 hour ago, Diangelius said:

At least remove one 60/60 mod to use (Primed) Fury. Attack Speed helps a lot in dealing DPS, Corrosive + Heat or Gas + Cold work perfectly.

True. It's not the best build, but I was trying to fit with no forma. Put 1 or 2 forma in and you can do much better. 

9 hours ago, Diangelius said:

But Blast counts as two elements for Condition Overload (dunno why) so if you have corrosive + blast= you have 3 CO proc + finishing damage on knockdown enemies.

WIKI Quote: "Blast procs consist of two distinct status effect components – the normal stun on recovering victims which is displayed by the icon and the knockdown"

Also I don't run Reach on my Lesion as I use it with Volt + Shocking Speed so I need to get close to them enough to stun them from electricity (which counts as another proc of Condi Overload) so longer reach for me is not a must on Volt.

But if Blast didn't count as two Conditions I would probably go Weeping + Relentless instead of 2 60/60 mods. Or one of those 90% mods- heat or cold.

7 hours ago, Kebast said:

True. It's not the best build, but I was trying to fit with no forma. Put 1 or 2 forma in and you can do much better. 

Can you show a better one? I have formas.

Edited by Marakai

3 hours ago, Marakai said:

Can you show a better one? I have formas.

If you have no Primed mods, I'd just try this but swap reach for something else you like. Weeping or otherwise. Then swap the 60/60 and 90/90 around so that you get whatever elements you want. Lesion is pretty strong, this build does the most damage I can find without Primed mods. 

I'd recommend building a cyth polearm Zaw eventually. You can essentially build a lesion with double the range that way. 

tLhnUJF.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kebast said:

If you have no Primed mods, I'd just try this but swap reach for something else you like. Weeping or otherwise. Then swap the 60/60 and 90/90 around so that you get whatever elements you want. Lesion is pretty strong, this build does the most damage I can find without Primed mods. 

I'd recommend building a cyth polearm Zaw eventually. You can essentially build a lesion with double the range that way. 

tLhnUJF.jpg

I will get zaw but only with Plague strike because otherwise it won't outdps Lesion. And I don't care that much for range on Lesion, I use speed volt with it so I don't have problem with getting fast to enemies faces 😄

But with the build above doesn't your status chance get little too low?

17 minutes ago, Marakai said:

I will get zaw but only with Plague strike because otherwise it won't outdps Lesion. And I don't care that much for range on Lesion, I use speed volt with it so I don't have problem with getting fast to enemies faces 😄

I can't check in game right now, but I think it was still above 70% at least, which is generally enough

3 hours ago, Marakai said:

A pure physical Cyath Zaw will beat Lesion against armored enemies with twice the reach. I've compared the two directly.

Lesion holds a bit better as a Gas variant for Corpus but the Reach is still a big issue for the weapon.

As for Lesion itself go for 60/60x3 Corrosive + Heat against armor, Gas + Electric for Corpus. I wouldn't use the weapon against Infested personally. 60/60x3 + Drifting Contact will get you 96% status which is plenty. Relentless Combination doesn't have much value, esp if you run Naramon and more consistent Corrosive / Gas / Slash procs will counter the added status effect Blast counts as. Also if you're looking for good single target finisher combinations in addition to CO spoofing I would highly recommend Zakti. Polearms have faster DPS when you spam their quick attack over stance combos which allows you to shoot an enemy with Zakti a triple status Pistol that also opens enemies to finishers. Not ground Finishers, Execute Finishers. The synergy between Polearms and Zakti is amazing.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

A pure physical Cyath Zaw will beat Lesion against armored enemies with twice the reach. I've compared the two directly.

Lesion holds a bit better as a Gas variant for Corpus but the Reach is still a big issue for the weapon.

As for Lesion itself go for 60/60x3 Corrosive + Heat against armor, Gas + Electric for Corpus. I wouldn't use the weapon against Infested personally. 60/60x3 + Drifting Contact will get you 96% status which is plenty. Relentless Combination doesn't have much value, esp if you run Naramon and more consistent Corrosive / Gas / Slash procs will counter the added status effect Blast counts as. Also if you're looking for good single target finisher combinations in addition to CO spoofing I would highly recommend Zakti. Polearms have faster DPS when you spam their quick attack over stance combos which allows you to shoot an enemy with Zakti a triple status Pistol that also opens enemies to finishers. Not ground Finishers, Execute Finishers. The synergy between Polearms and Zakti is amazing.

Interesting- so what is the build for Cyath Zaw? I mean what parts.

So you don't recommend blast even though blast counts as two conditions for Condi Overload? Also 3x 60/60 + Heat so you mean Toxic, Lighting, Heat + 90% Heat mod?

It works well vs infested as long as I have shocking speed and stun them and healing mod on it. Though of course once there is too much of them I don't try to melee them anymore :P.

I will get Zakti then. What elements on Zakti? Radation + Viral I guess then?

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

Interesting- so what is the build for Cyath Zaw? I mean what parts.

So you don't recommend blast even though blast counts as two conditions for Condi Overload? Also 3x 60/60 + Heat so you mean Toxic, Lighting, Heat + 90% Heat mod?

It works well vs infested as long as I have shocking speed and stun them and healing mod on it. Though of course once there is too much of them I don't try to melee them anymore :P.

I will get Zakti then. What elements on Zakti? Radation + Viral I guess then?

If you don't use Primed Reach on Lesion than Primed Fever Strike + 60/60 Toxic + 60/60 Electric + 60/60 Heat. It's passive already gives addition Corrosive proc weight on a 75% Slash weighted weapon though so there's a few options like Gladiator Vice or Enduring Affliction. When I use it for Index runs I do Gas + Electric + Shattering Impact.

This is a more generalize build for things under lvl 150.

w7X5xHQ.jpg

I believe it's Cyath + Kroostra + Ewana Ruhang II

It's just on the cusp of being too slow for my liking though the Shtung Grip would be more Bleed DPS but that wasn't out when I made this.

This will hit 90% status chance at 3.5x combo with a 67.5% Slash proc chance per hit and 1.255 atk speed.

For enemies well above Sorties I swap Primed Reach for Sacrificial Steel which allows it to out perform a Viral + Slash build. For Simulacrum parsing purposes you should be able to swap Primed Reach for True Steel or Sacrificial Steel and see a faster kill speed than Lesion while still having better reach even without Primed Reach. This is mostly for shredding through armored enemies and does a decent job with Corpus which is where I'd place Lesion as it's competition. It's not for front-end big numbers damage which is why I generally don't use Lesion against Infested. There's better Crit weighted Polearms out there for that.

Rad + Viral is a common one I use for Zakti. The Fulmination mod can be very useful for extra area coverage per shot.

EDIT: Oh, I should mention. Parse against Alloy armor. Ferrite will skew results when comparing Corrosive.

Edited by Xzorn

22 hours ago, Marakai said:

So I want to build my Lesion and here are two builds I am thinking about. Please consider I don't have primed mods and I do not want to use broken  Maiming Strike and just macro-slides whole day so don't recommend me those :). Rivens are also out of question.

So both Builds Have: Preasure Points, Condition Overload, Fury.

First Build: 4x 60/60 mods for Corrosive + Blast and Drifting Contact.

With this one I can inflict Blast which: 1) count as two elements for Condition Overload and 2): allow me to deal bonus damage to knockdowned enemies (finishing damage).

Second Build: 2x 60/60 mods for Corrosive only, Weeping Wounds for 45% status per Combo multiplier, Relentless Combination which gives me 100% ot increase Combo Counter when Slash status deal damage and one other element (cold or fire) to have one more status for Condition Overload.

With this one I will have less default status, but I will have 45% status per Combo multi and 100% chance to increase combo multi with Slash status. Since Lesion is Slash weapon it should proc like carazy.

What do you think? One of those or maybe you have found out more powerful option with mixing those two?

For the second build I would swap out Weeping Wounds for Bloodrush.  This is because the 60/60 mods are supplying enough status chance and Relentless would then power up Bloodrush and CO while increasing damage for all during the ramp up.  This is just my opinion and nothing set in stone.  😄 

I use radiation + cold using 3x 60/60 mods. 

(Primed) pressure point, primed reach, primed fury ( fury can be replaced by buzz kill, relentless combination, or healing returns as its fast enough as is) . 

Condition overload, drifting contact. 

Why? 

3x 60/60 mods give enough status to get the gimmick for lesion started. 

Lesion then becomes a radiation, viral weapon which paired with its excellent slash becomes a death blender. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l