Conclave nerf to movement please.

Cephalycion

Right now as it stands, Conclave has a horribly wide skill gap between newbies and veterans. The parkour system in Warframe makes it difficult for anyone who isn't a spastic to reliably shoot bullet-jumping killing machines. I know some people can do it. Most can't.

Veterans can "abuse" the movement system and make themselves effectively untargetable while putting out massive dps to anyone who isnt moving at ridiculous speeds.

Suggestion: Decrease accuracy of weapons while airborne. Veterans will have to learn to stick to the ground more if they want to be killing things, it will narrow down the skill gap and make conclave more palatable to newcomers.

Any comments are welcome.

Edited by Cephalycion

11 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

Right now as it stands, Conclave has a horribly wide skill gap between newbies and veterans.

This is an issue why?  Some games have a low skill ceiling and others a high one.  Most people who play conclave are those who are really into it so all it would do is frustrate them to be punished for using advanced movement/tactics.

All this would do is drive away experienced players. The main reason your issue occurs is because experience in Conclave isn’t a factor when it comes to matchmaking, meaning new players are matched with players who have been Conclaving for years. Plus recruit conditioning does a poor job of preparing players to handle regular Conclave matches, outside of the occasional smurf account.

47 minutes ago, NNKanell said:

what?

?
it's true - animation speed is clamped in Conclave and also introduces Mods that affect your animation speed
but the ranges that Parkour is clamped to in Conclave is still objectively slower than the rest of the game.

since we don't have any need to travel several Kilometers in Conclave i don't really see that as a problem anyways, but it's still true. 

46 minutes ago, taiiat said:

?
it's true - animation speed is clamped in Conclave and also introduces Mods that affect your animation speed
but the ranges that Parkour is clamped to in Conclave is still objectively slower than the rest of the game.

since we don't have any need to travel several Kilometers in Conclave i don't really see that as a problem anyways, but it's still true.  

PvE mobility 1.0 (all warframe)
PvP mobility - heavy=0.8, normal=0.9, light=1.0

if we drop the mods, the movement is the same.

1 minute ago, NNKanell said:

PvE mobility 1.0 (all warframe)
PvP mobility - heavy=0.8, normal=0.9, light=1.0

in PvE 'Mobility' does not exist, that is a Conclave specific Stat. Parkour is noticeably faster than in Conclave.
Parkour is universally clamped in Conclave, with some Warframes being clamped further. people get used to it if they play Conclave (well, i assume they do), but there's still a difference. thankfully, it's not large enough that it makes Conclave play like a different game.

On 2018-11-27 at 8:23 AM, Cephalycion said:

Seeing most of the replies made here, it seems I have made a mistake.

Limiting veteran ability is not the way to go. Ignore thread please.

I think, we need more players in Conclave, the problem now is that whenever there are 4 players who join matchmaking all end up in the same match... veteran with 200k kills in Conclave and new player who just left reqruit option    If there were more players it would be much better.

Adding Conclave to starchart with something other than standing to farm would help for sure

On 2018-11-27 at 4:42 AM, taiiat said:

in PvE 'Mobility' does not exist, that is a Conclave specific Stat. Parkour is noticeably faster than in Conclave.

Mobility is a hidden stat in PvE, you can boost it by using mods like mobilize and other stuff such as telos boltace, arcane consequence and perhaps some other things. Stack as much of them as you can and i'm sure you'll notice the difference even if no stat changes in the pve arsenal.

52 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Mobility is a hidden stat in PvE, you can boost it by using mods like mobilize and other stuff such as telos boltace, arcane consequence and perhaps some other things. Stack as much of them as you can and i'm sure you'll notice the difference even if no stat changes in the pve arsenal.

Bullet Jump Mods don't increase the speed of all Parkour (what Mobility is for) - Telos Boltace also affects just Bullet Jump, and not all Parkour.

the "Mobility" Stat affects all Parkour. not just one movement action.

Consequence could be something that actually affects all Parkour - don't have a Set to verify with (since there's other Arcanes that are more useful in Combat, and my Parkour changing speeds throughout the Mission is not something i'm looking for). oh i actually have 6 of them.
ok, Consequence does actually affect everything.

if we categorize 'Mobility' and 'Parkour Velocity' together (and assume that anything that expresses as Parkour Velocity did get updated to apply to everything), then i suppose it could be said that functionality identical to it is present in PvE - since i was able to find atleast one thing that does actually affect Parkour as a whole.
thanks!

• 3 weeks later...