Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best ESO Saryn build?

Sigma-118

Question

So right now I got two builds for Saryn that could potentially be used for an ESO focus farm, but even with extended testing im not sure what has the best results a.k.a. can keep the kps up for the most zones. Heres the builds:

A: https://imgur.com/uYBFMwa

B: https://imgur.com/S228YDR

If your wondering about the empty mod slot in build B im going to put adaptation there if I end up going with the build. Doing so would make me unable to put together build A again though, so I really wanna be sure before deciding which to go with.

And yeah whenever I try to go two runs in a row to test em im either interupted, distracted by something and thus contaminating the test, just plain old loses all my lives etc.

My patience has run out so im letting the internet decide for me, so what do you all think? A or B?

7 answers to this question

Unless you're using her for melee only, all that tankiness and duration is unnecessary because if you use regenerative molt you can fully heal yourself in seconds if you take any serious damage. I personally use Blind rage, Overextended and Fleeting expertise on my build which gives me a ton of reach to spread spores.

Also idk why people are so obsessed with adaptation tbh, we've been doing just fine without it all this time, sure Nidus and such will become tanky but it isn't mandatory on someone like Saryn who's role is to kill everything before they get a chance to fight back

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Unless you're using her for melee only, all that tankiness and duration is unnecessary because if you use regenerative molt you can fully heal yourself in seconds if you take any serious damage. I personally use Blind rage, Overextended and Fleeting expertise on my build which gives me a ton of reach to spread spores.

Also idk why people are so obsessed with adaptation tbh, we've been doing just fine without it all this time, sure Nidus and such will become tanky but it isn't mandatory on someone like Saryn who's role is to kill everything before they get a chance to fight back

Got two sets of magus elevate on my operator, as soon as those two sets were finished i scrapped regenerative molt in exchange for some extra armor. Wanted to have a few less "oh S#&$ moments". Having a bit more takniness is a good way to acheive that. Of course as soon as I got adaptation I replaced the armor with that. And well its not melee only, but about 90% melee.

Anywho, which build of these two would u go with?

Edited by Sigma-118

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

If you're mostly melee then the first should do, but replace cunning with speed drift. Also I heard Adaptation was nerfed so you might want to check on that before wasting a mod slot

Yeah just found out about adaptation. Bloody outraged I say, no mention in stream, no patchnotes and worst of all not even any visual changes to the ingame numbers! Thats bullsheit on the level of Destinys fake xp numbers!

Also out of curiousity, why sacrifice range for casting and sprint speed?

Edited by Sigma-118

B, the internet has spoken.

Also, if you are open to a 3rd option, there is a build that lets you overtake other Saryn's spores regardless of the "who cast 1 first" rule. All you need to do is let go of Adaptation and add Augur Reach, tried and tested. You'd even keep your 1st build.

Edited by Ver1dian

1 hour ago, Sigma-118 said:

Also out of curiousity, why sacrifice range for casting and sprint speed?

That 15% range is meh compared to the time you save using her 4 which can get you killed at times unless you do it while in mid air, also you won't be sitting in one place waiting for the spores to spread themselves and will be actively running around looking for things to infect which in turn will make up for the range loss

B

But if you are soloing you do want rage/hunter adrenaline slotted if you like to recast miasma and never run out of energy - drop continuity or transient depending if you want more str or duration. If going melee, duration may be preferable for easier uptime. High str isn't even that great, I use 100% on my solo build and can consistently farm my 360k focus cap in 8-9 rounds with 4.5-5k kills usually. Going higher str can also be detrimental for spore management as you end up killing too fast past 1.2k~ spore damage.

Molt is a waste of a slot and a waste of energy to cast especially as you have elevate set. 15% Casting speed is unnecessary and doesn't make a difference. I would stick to 235% range and replace exilus with rush as you are melee build. Last slot is adaptation still or armored agility if you want to be a bit tankier/faster. Info is assuming you will be running grace/guardian sets btw.

Edited by lolmetimbers