What's the pace players should go through completing quests?

RealHeftyTrout

I'm wondering what's a recommended pace a player should go through for completing quests in the game, I got no clue if I'm burning through them too fast or if I'm going about a normal walkthrough. I'm a mere MR9 (200 hours) and have a little over half the star chart completed, and about half the quests in the game give or take including the first 2 cinematic quests.

The story quests have been piecemeal added over time. And the majority just completed as they were introduced. Only the newest players get to experience all these quests in a natural flow of leveling without prior experience modifying the difficulty. Going too slow or fast through them isn't a thing. But...

All too soon you will just be waiting for patch days like the rest of us. So my advice is try not to lose any sleep by playing too much.

Edited by Firetempest

This isn't a story driven game and quests are more of a luxury so don't make the same mistake I see happening everyday with people so eager to rush everything that they ask others help to do so, and that usually means they aren't experiencing the quest properly.

Casually do the sidequests provided by the syndicates and such but save cinematic ones for the right time when you're relaxed, undisturbed and have a couple hours to play because Second dream and TWW are amazing quests and doing piece by piece will ruin it.

There are quests and quests...

Some quests give you access to a new part of the game, some others give you stuff ( essentially warframes) and others are just fluff.

I do the quests opening to new gameplay as fast as i can because all parts of Warframe need grind and sooner you start more ressources you have.

The quests leading to unlock the operator is this sort and being able to accumulate some focus or just basically shoot the ù$!$ù vomvalyst on the Plains in nice.

The quests for warframes, i only do them when i need a particular warframe or want stuff to pex MR. I  not rush trough.

Finally the fluff quests. I do them with my son aside because he appareciate to look me playing through the story.

So for me there are some quests mandatory to full "open" the Warframe to do in priority and the others i keep to have things to do later.

For exemple i keep the Sands of Inaros long time  because i want some stuff from Cephalon Simaris to scan as much as possible Kavats to obtain genetic codes.

Edited by SgtHotPepper

any pace is fine, just don't complain about being bored if you decide to rush through everything. while Warframe is a Co-op game, I would recommend trying to explore as much of it solo as possible, so you can appreciate the finer details of the game. you'll also become able to handle yourself and then it won't matter if you get bad randoms because you can carry them with ease.

8 hours ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

I'm wondering what's a recommended pace a player should go through for completing quests in the game, I got no clue if I'm burning through them too fast or if I'm going about a normal walkthrough. I'm a mere MR9 (200 hours) and have a little over half the star chart completed, and about half the quests in the game give or take including the first 2 cinematic quests.

Everyone has their own pace.

Depends entirely on how much time you're willing to devote to the game (and how quickly your skills & gear allow you to complete missions).

Would also echo what @(PS4)robotwars7 said.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I'd personally recommend to wait to do the cinematic quests until you're confident about facing high end starchart (lv 40+). That way you can enjoy them properly without all the hassle of not being strong enough to survive certain segments, leading to frustrating insta death cycles. 

There are places like the big fight in The Second Dream, the throne fight in The War Within and some parts of The Sacrofice where you really feel strained if you only go up to lv 25-30 starchart stuff. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

any pace is fine, just don't complain about being bored if you decide to rush through everything. while Warframe is a Co-op game, I would recommend trying to explore as much of it solo as possible, so you can appreciate the finer details of the game. you'll also become able to handle yourself and then it won't matter if you get bad randoms because you can carry them with ease.

This ^

Would also recommend going solo always when progressing. Namely clearing star chart nodes, bosses, quests.

This will essentially force you to learn how things work ( damage, build, modding .. ) and prepare you for later content.