Maybe a tutorial could help

Cephalycion

As me previous post was utterly crushed by the community, I've gone back to the drawing board and I am taking a different approach to making Conclave more popular.

The main issue with Conclave as I mentioned before was the fact that veterans will make the game very un-fun for people who just started out because they will simply get annihilated without having a chance to fight back (I'm looking at you snipetron users)

So, a tutorial should be helpful in getting the newbies up to speed. Let teshin give tutorial missions that teach players advanced parkour, aiming at erratically moving targets, slam mechanics, so on.

Conclave is a real gem in this current era of PvP games where players can really feel like ninjas jumping and flying around. It takes time to adapt, especially if you think experience from Destiny's crucible or CSGO is enough. Because it's not. Conclave is a monster all on its own and a guiding hand should be there to help.

6 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

Let teshin give tutorial missions that teach players advanced parkour, aiming at erratically moving targets, slam mechanics, so on.

Meh. The problem is that no AI, no matter how good or erratic, can simulate a human player. DE can't teach you to fight a human by creating a tutorial where you fight the computer.

It isn't an in-game tutorial that will teach you what the AI can't teach you.

40 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Meh. The problem is that no AI, no matter how good or erratic, can simulate a human player. DE can't teach you to fight a human by creating a tutorial where you fight the computer.

It isn't an in-game tutorial that will teach you what the AI can't teach you.

I mean, at least new players will have something to learn off of, instead of just throwing Conclave out the window within the first few minutes of play.

49 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

I mean, at least new players will have something to learn off of, instead of just throwing Conclave out the window within the first few minutes of play.

Meh. Index and Rathoom do already that - they heavily import the structure of the Conclave, the AI is as good as it can be in the game, and... well, I guess that the game objectives are different, but those are really the least.

And the game already forces you to play both, providing a tutorial to Conclave of sorts.

This tutorial teaches everything that you need except how to fight a human. But there's no tutorial for that.

2 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

As me previous post was utterly crushed by the community, I've gone back to the drawing board and I am taking a different approach to making Conclave more popular.

The main issue with Conclave as I mentioned before was the fact that veterans will make the game very un-fun for people who just started out because they will simply get annihilated without having a chance to fight back (I'm looking at you snipetron users)

So, a tutorial should be helpful in getting the newbies up to speed. Let teshin give tutorial missions that teach players advanced parkour, aiming at erratically moving targets, slam mechanics, so on.

Conclave is a real gem in this current era of PvP games where players can really feel like ninjas jumping and flying around. It takes time to adapt, especially if you think experience from Destiny's crucible or CSGO is enough. Because it's not. Conclave is a monster all on its own and a guiding hand should be there to help.

https://imgur.com/a/GrS6ieZ

Advanced movement techniques do already exist. The tutorial is very good in my opinion. But as the person on top stated that you can't make a person aim well by making him do tutorials. Of course, experienced players are going to have better aim due to the fact they have been playing the game longer.

Great idea OP!

Maybe make missions where enemy AI is scripted to duplicate preprogramed movements in small room (looped) and players will have to hit such targets and deal significant damage WITH Conclave loadout, before AI with "aim bot" slowly kills them.

+1. It's very possible, in fact a part of it is already being done on the mastery rank tests. There, we can see specifically designed maps, moving targets, obstacles, you name it. You can use those to create maps that will test the player's skill and prepare them for the more advanced combat/manuevers that inevitably comes on pvp.

@MandzPH good point, something similar but with Warframe spectre preprogramed with very advanced patch to move on would be amazing aim test before you can join first PvP match...

I would love that! But new players would love it more with some minigameish things like few small missions like this one.