Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Nova build

imfinir

Question

6 answers to this question

Won't let me access the picture, but if you're building Nova then you want two seperate builds, one for speed by giving her negative strength with Overextended or the new Power donation mod (or both), and the other for slow by giving her about 150% strength. For both builds you want maximum duration because her 4 is affected by duration and not range. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

150% strength

145 to be exact, intensify + powerd drift will cap slow at 75%

maximum duration because her 4 is affected by duration

also her 1st is affected by duration, more duration = more orbs = more dmg reduction (capped at 90% with 18 orbs at about 300% duration)

Edited by Raskolnikow

umm...

neutral nova? but why?

either way, you can get rid of overextended and use power donation aura, that will make your str 70%

and I'd put vitality over quick thinking. There's really no benefit using QT instead of vitality, only disadvantages of quick energy drain, microstuns and less hp to pets.

Also you should place higher cost mods into polarized slots. Maybe this way you can use exilus. (swap narrow minded with overextend, constitution with augur message)

Edited by rsod25

4 hours ago, rsod25 said:

There's really no benefit using QT instead of vitality, only disadvantages of quick energy drain, microstuns and less hp to pets.

Depends. I for one run QT on Nova because for me it's a lot more beneficial. 

If you have an energy source like Zenurik or Energize you're gonna be topped off most of the time. So with the amount of energy from P.Flow QT provides significantly better protection against trouble than Vitality. 

There should be no quick drain (any drain for that matter) involved because you're not supposed to use your energy pool as HP, it's just there to save you from heavy hits that would otherwise kill you and in this respect it surpasses Vitality. The normal course of business is you operate your health pool and heal as necessary, while the energy is your safety net. It also means that you must be avoiding damage altogether in the first place, but you should do so with Vitality as well (kill all on sight and do a lot of jumping around, rolling and op dashing out of any trouble). 

Two downsides of QT:

First is that if you're facing a lot of energy draining units you might find yourself with little to no energy most of the time and that mod becomes useless. But that really doesn't happen very often outside of eximus sorties and in such situations basically any frame relying on energy is rendered useless meaning you have to play smart and put some distance between yourself and the enemy or just use frames that can make do without energy just fine. 

The other downside is less Kavat HP as mentioned, but this one I find of little consequence because Kavats will eventually go down either way, and the only way to keep them alive reliably is to use melee to heal them. So I'd rather have my Kavat go down than go down myself.

Edited by DarthKadra