The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Rework?

Crystal_Ignition

A frame I hardly played til recently, now loving a base duration "crying buff/debuff" build in lots of applications. Buffing team armor and melee speed while debuffing enemy speed in a wide AOE area every 10-13 seconds is nothing to sneeze at while not being typical AOE cheeze spam, even without high power strength. Agree with the need for some tweaks.

1. Ripline- Halve the cast and travel time, same effect when used on objects as current. When charged on a mob area, quickly pulls them into a pack on the cursor and significant debuff of some sort.

2. Warcry- Halve the cast time.

3. Paralysis- Halve the cast time. AOE KD on a targetable area instead of PBAOE. Double the pull speed on the augment.

4. Hysteria- Halve the cast time.

If they would just halve the cast time on all her abilities and nothing else would be happy.

I support some minor changes yes. Nothing to her 3 or 4 jmo, except to integrate hysterical assault or some mobility buff into her 4 as it is cumbersome to use that way. As some1 said, a gap closer is def reminiscent of a berserker. 

On 2018-11-27 at 4:58 PM, Buttaface said:

2. Warcry- Halve the cast time.

3. Paralysis- Halve the cast time. AOE KD on a targetable area instead of PBAOE. Double the pull speed on the augment.

4. Hysteria- Halve the cast time.

I support most of this. Not sure what KD and PBAOE is, but imo the finish opener in 3 is great. Just increase the base range and add some synergy with warcry maybe. 

For 1: make it more useful for combat if u use it on some 1, like if ur in Hysteria and u use 1, it automatically pulls them into a claw in the gut :P. Thatd be neat. 

No concrete ideas tho. +1.

Edit: or just straight up buff the damage on her 1, and make it stack like landslide. That and a casting time buff would make it neat. 

Edited by (PS4)negativ21

46 minutes ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Isn't the current effect better than knockdown. Stealth finishers deal significantly more damage than ground finishers. 

With her Claws, yeah since she can one shot lvl 200+ Corrupted Heavy Gunners with the current Paralysis and Hysteria. Without her Claws, Ground Finishers would be better since Paralysis don't seem to do that much Finisher damage at high level with the normal Melee Weapons wierdly.

17 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

With her Claws, yeah since she can one shot lvl 200+ Corrupted Heavy Gunners with the current Paralysis and Hysteria. Without her Claws, Ground Finishers would be better since Paralysis don't seem to do that much Finisher damage at high level with the normal Melee Weapons wierdly.

Are you sure? I'm had thought performing a stealth finisher on any enemy by any frame/weapon provided a larger damage bonus than the ground finishers of the same scenario. 

If the issue is lack of damage or a damage fall off then yes, I would support a knock down for it's cc effect. Paralysis always seemed to be most useful along side Hysteria anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Point Blank Area of Effect as opposed to targeted or cone area of effect. Common in MMO boss fight scripts, Tridolon effects for example are PBAOE.

I'm sorry lol I still don't know what that is. Point blank meaning it hits all in a radius immediately lacking travel time? Which eidolon effect do u refer to?

Edited by (PS4)negativ21

4 minutes ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

I'm sorry lol I still don't need what that is. Point blank meaning it hits all in a radius immediately lacking travel time? Which eidolon effect do u refer to?

When Onkko shouts "ENERGY SPIKE!" :) that's a PBAOE effect the Eidolon casts after. Or when lots of frames cast radial powers that emanate in an aoe from the caster as opposed to a targeted aoe like Vauban's vortex or lots of others or a cone like harrow's 1. Sorry for the confusion, it's an older gaming term like "mob," "mez," "root," etc. Will try to reduce jargon going forward as I get annoyed by gamer jargon myself.

Edited by Buttaface

40 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

When Onkko shouts "ENERGY SPIKE!" 🙂 that's a PBAOE effect the Eidolon casts after. Or when lots of frames cast radial powers that emanate in an aoe from the caster as opposed to a targeted aoe like Vauban's vortex or lots of others or a cone like harrow's 1. Sorry for the confusion, it's an older gaming term like "mob," "mez," "root," etc. Will try to reduce jargon going forward as I get annoyed by gamer jargon myself.

No prob man. I think I was overthinking it anyway.

I doubt current Valkyr needs rework coz she performs well and her abilities do serve good purposes although you clearly think otherwise. The change is also complicated I'd rather it being made into a new warframe instead of a Valkyr rework.

The only change I'd want with her is changing her 1st into a "grappling hook" type ability, which directly pulling you into wall latching instead of just pulling you to a general direction and letting you go in half way.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 минуту назад, Marvelous_A сказал:

I doubt current Valkyr needs rework coz she performs well and her abilities do serve good purposes although you clearly think otherwise. The change is also complicated I'd rather it being made into a new warframe instead of a Valkyr rework.

Wrong. Valk have 3 useless/broken skills and warcry  is worth using only with augment. She need rework

I love Ripline, best mobility ability in the game, fite me. (kinda joking but not rly)

Warcry? Need working, there is such a thing like "too much attack speed".

I find her 3 somewhat useful only because it opens to finishers...

Garuda showed me how much I miss on Valkyr some good gap closer, especially now when we have this open world(s)

...maybe less useless augu for ripline, you can use it on enemy in half range to pull YOURSELF to it.
...or replacing her 3 with Hysterical Assault that you can use without 4.

Edit:
Ah yes, also passive, warframes have passive abilties.
Well, since one CLEM removed momentum from stances for some CLEM reason I find it very CLEM useful.

Edited by Critiamat

On 2018-11-27 at 2:57 PM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Put most frames on a team with a high dps like saryn or mesa and they don't do much though.  Are there tanker frames, yes.  I love gara.  Inaros is immortal, nidus almost so.  Rhino takes some killing.  But so what?  What you're asking for is power creep - oh look such and such frame kills enemies without even seeing them, buff this frame so it can do that too.   And ask a rhino what they think about a 137% armour buff, or saryn for that matter and I bet they'll be in favour.

Also, you don't need to buff everything for your teammates to be a useful member.  Trinity is the ultimate support frame but doesn't kill much.  Chroma and inaros are both selfish with their abilities.  Saryn will kill the whole map but doesn't give you any buffs.  Volt can give you a speed buff that sends you crashing into walls but can also kill the map.  Different frames for different jobs and play styles.    Valkyr is fun, you have to be active and be able to move fast, she gives better buffs than a lot of frames and she can kill enemies for fun while being very tanky.  She's not the highest dps (although i often am) and there are frames that have more survivability  (although not many) but she has a good balance of both.

And why would you want to build for the slow effect? You want enemies coming at you fast so you can keep warcry and your melee counter up.  Slowva is pretty niche imo, speedva has more use, especially in defence and survival which are the most popular mission types.  

Are my suggestions a problem, though? This isn't a Gara situation where she's underplayed despite being amazing in most missions. I don't think Valkyr doing a thing that's been listed in her kit for several years without busting your entire build and requiring energy pizzas to pull off is concerning enough to call power creep in the context of the whole game. Inaros and Nidus can be selfish, but they can also CC if they choose. Interception in particular, most frames don't do anything to help with the objective, so just being able to slow the enemy capture speed would make Valkyr not a selfish pick for that game mode. Trying to carry a team on Mithra with Valkyr is a great example of this. Sure, you can do it, but why subject yourself?

Most Valkyr already build for negative range so they wouldn't get a worthwhile slow effect range anyway. Recasting Warcry would help this build too. You could hit each teammate if they're separated and then keep their buffs going with Eternal War. Also, I think it's pretty clear her 1 is just fun and mild utility at this point. I can't see how making it pull multiple enemies consistently would be a bad thing.

Edited by Neightrix