Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General K-Drive Discussion [Bugs & Suggestions]

Paegan

Right, so been wanting to post for a while about my general k-drive experience but due to a lockout issue couldnt post on the forums. Finally on now so lets get things rolling.

Gonna separate bugs from issues since my understanding of them is that 1 is accidental while the other is deliberate.

Bugs:

1. Crashing off the board on water lets u walk around/fish under-water
  2. Activating the k-drive during other animations (death/operator/etc) seems cause the invisible rider bug
  3. Map/Radar indicators such as enemies/loot do not work while on the k-drive
  4. While on the k-drive in the Plains pickups do not work, even wisps. (not sure if considered a "Fortuna Bug" but still applicable)
  5. Companions(pets) do not follow properly when using the k-drive sometimes. Honestly not sure if they just stay at your last location of go immaterial when you use the k-drive and then respawn at your last known location since you don't see any map indicators.

Issues:

1. Cannot atttack while on the k-drive. I believe I read somewhere this was deliberate since DE didnt want the k-drive to become a mobile weapon platform or something like that but then you give us mods that allow us to use the board to do damage as paltry as they may be. Seems a bit counterproductive.
  2. Disabling of active abilities when K-Drive activated. Same happens with ArcWings so I'm assuming its deliberate. It kinda makes sense with AW to disable abilities that wouldnt make sense using in the air but for KD you're in the middle of the action or dashing towards it so currently its more of an annoyance.
  3. Boost Speed being a fixed number and not an expression of base speed. It is currenly possible to make your normal speed faster than your boost speed using mods which looks uber $&*&*#(%&ed.
  4. Unclear as to how much standing is achieved per trick. Having to check mission progress to see gains gets annoying after a while.
  5. Unclear as to what adding a lens to a KD does for focus gains.

Suggestions:

1. Either allow power usage or melee weapons on the K-Drive. It would add additional functionality while making KD and AW gameplay sufficiently different to keep things interesting. Also allowing melee on the KD would allow for some kind of jousting attack which would be hella awesome.
  2. Let KD attack damage scale with the trick amount. Mot if not all of the attack mods are already dependent on tricks for activation anyway so letting it enhance the damage only makes sense.
  3. Letting companions run/fly alongside you while on the the KD. Not only would it look awesome, It would allow for some basic attack/defence capabilities while on the KD.
  4. Allow people to use display images as KD board art. Even as a plat only option I bet people would be all over this. The current KD artwork is pretty horrendeous TBH.
  5. Let KD trick maximum be a function of mastery just like focus and syndicate standings. 3000 is pathetically easy to hit once you get the hang of it down. I can do it on the pipe on the left of the Fortuna entrance without a problem.
  6. A little floaty popup at top middle or above the trick score to show live standing gains would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Tricks for affinity with a lens should be a thing.

Feel free to add any more issues/bugs/ suggestions below and i'll add it to the list. I willa so add anything I run into as well.

Edited by Paegan

40 minutes ago, Paegan said:

Issues:

• Boost Speed being a fixed number and not an expression of base speed. It is currenly possible to make your normal speed faster than your boost speed using mods which looks uber $&*&*#(%&ed.

Suggestions:

• Allow people to use display images as KD board art. Even as a plat only option I bet people would be all over this. The current KD artwork is pretty horrendeous TBH.

I brought up this issue after gaining level 5 standings with Ventkids. I picked the K-drive speed instead of the boost speed and my speed was now higher than my boost speed.

The suggestion is so good this thread almost became NSFW. I'd love to place a strip of some of the fan art on my board.