Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frame should get a second deluxe skin?

YukimaruLegends

No love for poor Atlas?

Ember skin is okay except for that fugly chicken head...gawd...orrible...I can't even...ugh

Nyx cause her deluxe skin is almost identical to original

Loki cause his deluxe skin is basically a default skin, completely unremarkable

EXCALIBUR cause...nah he's good

Nezha cause I really can't look at that....his yokai tennogen is rather cool looking though.

On 2018-11-27 at 5:57 AM, kinrest said:

Valkyr, Loki, Nova. Those deluxe skins don't fit with the current deluxe aesthetic right now imo.

Frost, Ember, Banshee, because yikes.

And maybe Trinity too? Basically anything that doesn't have those juicy metallics...

The current aesthetics seems to veering towards brownian motion. Call me narrow minded, but Vauban’s is case in point. Style wise it’s a complete departure from warframe and more at home in as some retro steam punk themed game. 

Limbo will look like a sentient. How’s that fit with a magician dimension hopping guy?

Octavia is what? I can’t even tell what that skin is about. 

On 2018-11-29 at 9:06 PM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

The current aesthetics seems to veering towards brownian motion. Call me narrow minded, but Vauban’s is case in point. Style wise it’s a complete departure from warframe and more at home in as some retro steam punk themed game. 

Limbo will look like a sentient. How’s that fit with a magician dimension hopping guy?

Octavia is what? I can’t even tell what that skin is about. 

I agree. While I think Vauban's is a beautifully designed skin, it's not warframe. Limbo's upcoming deluxe would seem better suited for Revenant imo. I personally find Octavia's deluxe to be far more interesting than it's original. I was actually very surprised she was getting a deluxe skin before older and much more deserving frames!

As far as aesthetics, I guess what I meant was more about texture consistency rather than theme. Plenty of older deluxe skins don't really fit Warframe's "sci-fi"-esque theme, though (at least I find). Take Nova, Frost, and Oberon for example. With different artists creating the skins I guess it's hard for DE to buckle down on one direction for them.

2 hours ago, kinrest said:

With different artists creating the skins I guess it's hard for DE to buckle down on one direction for them.

Nah, that job is the artistic directors responsibility. Frost sticks to his theme in my eyes and I love the delux.

Nova.. well the bug head I dont care for, but the body skin is fine. I like the prime skin waay too much tho.

Oberon’s delux is better than prime, where so many elements I love are undone by  the overbearing cloth thing (thick), the platform shoes and the shoulders (same issue with volt prime, like castle door knobs. They are just overbearing. Orokin probably had gold teeth and spinning wheels). 

Love the prime head though.

I have to say a lot of the prime skins (oberon, volt, chroma) sport thick and overbearing elements. Really a lot of them look crudely nailed on. Banshee and that shoulder.. and the weird slipper things for feet.

Even umbra sports fairly heavy elements though their execution is more refined.

A lot of players might be upset with this opinion, but I would be happier if DE released only two warfames a year and spent more time on each. Put a good story on them with a quest. The existing roster is large, a couple delux each would be great (choice!) New players have a mountain of frames to obtain already.

They’re all going to get primes and some umbras and eventually go into the vault. The rotations are going to get dumb in a couple years.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

On 2018-11-27 at 1:58 PM, YukimaruLegends said:

So it was talked about before in Tennocon about nyx getting a second deluxe skin.

Nyx and Excalibur have no „second“ deluxe skin. They currently only have a proto skin and Nyx is about to receive her first deluxe skin skin

so yeah I am all about nyx receiving a second deluxe skin