Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions to make Conclave popular

Cephalycion

I think we all agree that Conclave is in a pretty bad place right now. People are posting things like "Remove Conclave from the game", finding matches in any other mode than annihilation is hard, it's basically being treated like archwing, but instead of actual rewards for playing the gamemode it's cosmetics.

1 vet can come into a game of nubs and go on an endless killstreak, making it impossible to play properly because everytime that one guy comes across you, you're as good as dead. And that's the norm.

Very rarely do I find a match where all the players are on similar skill level and the game actually feels fun.

I've ran out of ideas, these past few weeks I showed my hand of cards on how to improve conclave, from slight changes like airborne accuracy nerf to straight up reworks like grineer vs corpus pvp, most of them didn't see much light at all.

I'm calling on the community to help out with generating more ideas to make Conclave something comparable to the PvP in other PvE games like Destiny and Halo.

• Like 2

DE actually promoting Conclave in any meaningful way (playing a Conclave match full of ability cheese once in a blue moon doesn't count as promotion) and being willing to dedicate dev time to it is what needs to happen brfore anything else. 

Afterwards, RC needs to have auto-graduation so that players who refuse to rank up don't stomp the new influx of players.

That's all that can be done.

Edited by Tachmag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

I thought this was the ideal reward for things in Warframe? Nothing to add to our power but fluffy things to use in Fashionframe.

In the case of Conclave it really shouldn't be. Completing matches is a huge time investment and sometimes the rewards don't even pay off per minute spent there. For example, 1 round of annihilation (about 10 minutes or so I think) sometimes awards you about 300 polymer. You can get that same amount from about 5 minutes in Ophelia, Uranus.

Conclave becomes a very inefficient time sink for people who actually want to progress in the PvE game while playing PvP, and given than 99% of Warframe's content is PvE it makes PvP very unworthy of time.

Edited by Cephalycion
  • Like 1

Just stating some reasons, might be wrong but..

The standing gain per match in conclave is bad, it's not guaranteed and even winning consecutive matches isn't worth it. DE is slowly letting conclave die, just like Riot let dominion die and their reason was "not enough people play it" DE is essentially doing the same thing here by sitting aside.

In a game about grinding where resources are infinite and you keep getting resources from doing any other activity, it's "inefficient" to play conclave, the time spent waiting for a match is worse than waiting in trade chat, and even after you find a match in one of the game modes ( which you're forced to play since no one plays the other 3 ) and switching regions then lagging, then the real S#&$ show starts.

The time investment is just not worth it, PvP is treated as a mini game in warframe, and you can't really fix it if that's the way DE continues to look at the mode.

So you've got two reasons to play conclave, farm standing/fun ( or both), and which crowd do you want to attract? if you want to attract the pvp players from other games, it's a mistake you'll be in the same situation as now, so you need to make it work with the rest of the game, and attract the same playerbase.

But since that's not the case with conclave ( conclave right now is competing with the rest of the game and outside pvp games, instead of being a part of the warfarme experience ) and then you've got dozens of other games that do pvp, so we're left with the standing gains/grinding part which is the majority of warframe playerbase, which brings us back to the first point that standing is abysmal, no one to play, only one game mode is "popular" so say goodbye to challenges i.e even less standing etc. and you've got no reason to run the mode since it ties in with NOTHING to the rest of the game, except for the few cosmetics.

It's a shame, since the mode is really fun and I quite enjoy the customization part in mods and wish they'd do more, pvp is ( amazingly ) pretty balanced for the most part in warframe, I think.

Edited by Licandrien
  • Like 5

Leave conclave and lunaro in the game for now, though I rather see it go, but...turn the PVP assets over to the Dojo's new Obstacle course...allow the player base the tools needed to create their own versions of PVP game modes and highlight them in Youtube videos, clan recruitments, how to videos...and see what can be generated throughout a year between side by side and head on PVP....Something great might come out of the creative process that can resurrect the PVP portion of Warframe enough so that De simply creates a player generated matchmaking lists like the original Bungie crew did with Halo 3 and Halo Reach's forge world...

I think the conclave is great and I love it, but it has some problems, one of the problems is the recruiting mode is limited by Syndicates which is great for new players of any MR, but the bad thing is that the game does not reward you Enough to go up, since you will face people who may have more modifications purchased than you.😦
  I think that directly the recruit mode should be able to play it without any modifications and the other for people with them, since any person does not matter the skill can remain without raising the Syndicate (Faster matchmaking). (You can add a test mode of 5 first games once you have exceeded this limit you will have to search for a recruit or without.)

The second issue is the rewards should have unique Syndicates weapons and would be great arcanes (would be great new arcanes in weekly missions) It would be great if the conclave were a more active part of the game to get things, like the Eidolon or the other Syndicates. These are just some of my ideas, the theme is to treat it as an important part of the game and not as a minigame.

Warframe PvP is good, make them give important things for the game. For me it's like another game, unreal tournament or quake, and the videos of the community are spectacular

Excuse my English, google translator.

Edited by Phernok
Best Description
  • Like 2

100% foolproof fix:

-add Conclave node to starchart

-make new players start with FULLY equiped Conclave loadout instead of only melee

-make normal alarms like 300 Oxium and 5000 credits Alerts show with OTHER Alerts in starchart in Conclave node (you just have to finish match not win)

-Later on when we see new players DISCOVER this amazing gamemode other things can be added, like Lore quest, stalker mode etc.

DE could make a mode where you chose to be Grineer or Corpus and take part in PvP battles maybe with bots(NPCs) as well, like controling elite units in a crossfire battle in Lua or other contested maps. We dont have to be using warframes to kill each other in PvP when Corpus and Grineer are already enemies. This will help make Conclave more controlable by DE and more balanced. No extreme mobility usage and only faction weapons and maybe abilities like those of eximus units could be unlocked after some kills.

1 hour ago, Archegon said:

DE could make a mode where you chose to be Grineer or Corpus and take part in PvP battles maybe with bots(NPCs) as well, like controling elite units in a crossfire battle in Lua or other contested maps. We dont have to be using warframes to kill each other in PvP when Corpus and Grineer are already enemies. This will help make Conclave more controlable by DE and more balanced. No extreme mobility usage and only faction weapons and maybe abilities like those of eximus units could be unlocked after some kills.

YES! That was what I was advocating for the past few days.

The only downside I could think of is that conclave vets will have to relearn the mechanics (but honestly as a "conclave vet" myself I don't mind, as long as more people start playing pvp I'm happy)

• Like 1

I have several suggestions that could improve the conclave. But the truth is that it depends how they want DE to be the future of conclave whether as a main part of the game or as a secondary syndicate. (Conclave is currently a secondary syndicate)

I personally would like to see it as a main part of the game, with this I mean that players can advance both playing pve and pvp, with this I mean to make a systems of alerts, invasions and Void Fissures to conclave.

It would be great if there were Void Fissures in pvp and in pve and so the players decide between for example a survival (PVE) or an annihilation (PVP).

Example of Void Fissures for Conclave:

Duration of the game 5 min | Fissure AXI | Lunaro

Duration of the game 5 min | Fissure MESO | Annihilation 

Invite your friends to open relics while playing a lunaro game 😃.

Edited by Phernok
more information
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

YES! That was what I was advocating for the past few days.

The only downside I could think of is that conclave vets will have to relearn the mechanics (but honestly as a "conclave vet" myself I don't mind, as long as more people start playing pvp I'm happy)

I would be thrilled to learn something so cool. To be able to control Grineer or Corpus grutns would be so much fun and maybe some "heros" like Clem could be used when reaching a certain amount of kills. There is no need to use Warframes in conclave and its more lore friendly that way in my opinion. Sorry if i am repeating your thoughts i just didnt have time to see the whole thread. I want this to happen so badly. I think most will find it refreshing after long hours of grind and there could also be events aranged. Like on invasion mission one faction could defend and the other invade.

• Like 2

@Archegon Your idea is great, I love Conclave but still I would enjoy such new gamemode, however DE has very small team and they will not use all of thei're time for almost new game designe.

I think something like this will not be added to the game in the next few years, sorry... DE is just too small

On 2018-12-01 at 2:21 AM, Aramil999 said:

@Archegon Your idea is great, I love Conclave but still I would enjoy such new gamemode, however DE has very small team and they will not use all of thei're time for almost new game designe.

I think something like this will not be added to the game in the next few years, sorry... DE is just too small

I was hoping it could happen because they would use already existing resources. What is new is the new control system for the grunts and maybe some weapon balancing. I have hopes that maybe one day we will see this happen. I hope DE will one day see this thread or come up  with the idea. I have a feeling in my gut that this could bring players back and make them as active in conclave as in PvE or even more on the first days of its launch.

Edited by Archegon
  • Like 1

Honestly?

The fact we're having to ASK for matchmaking is unacceptable.

Given the evidently high skill ceiling of Conclave, the fact that godly players who cannot be touched, players new to conclave and everyone in between are all in the same fight is absurd.

Would adding it make for fewer games in the short-term? Yes.

Would it be healthier for the game's future as an actual community is allowed time to grow without being stomped by people at the top of the game? Also yes.

I would like to see:

• Game modes:
    • More different game modes (See SWTOR, love their warzones, not just point and shoot but actual objectives to complete)
      • Sabotage vs Defense
      • Invasion vs defense
      • Plainly copy some of the ideas of swtor's warzones.
  • Matchmaking:
    • Each player having a ranking, either visible or unseen. matchmaking will always try to put players in games of similar ranking.
      • Possible to make "Tiers" or "PVP levels" which get reset every week/month where everybody starts at 1000 rating, and winning/losing games make the players gain or lose rating
  • .Accesability
    • Have a new popup in the navigation menu next to alerts.
    • Have a button of "Random Conclave" with an extra reward, or pick a specific one without extra reward.
  • Rewards:
    • Add rewards that can be obtained by conclave, but which carries over to the rest of the game.
    • Place several rewards that can only be gained through pvp, and that cannot be traded. (Fashion? Special companion? Special landing craft?) Something that is awesome and a status symbol, but not necesarely game breaking if you dont pvp and thus cannot have those items.
    • Make it so that useful things such as: premade forma/catalyst/reactor/Boosts obtainable from pvp. (Dont make it too easy though! - make it a special reward for pvp.)
    • Make it so that rare resources can be obtained from pvp. (At an equal rate than playing pve missions.)
  • Fixes:
    • Rework every skill in pvp for the warframes. lots of skills are bugged or plainly do not work in pvp.

When all of the above are in place, I think that conclave will be a more popular part of the game.

You can even go further and add things such as:

• Lunaro Championships/ranking boards/seasons. 
    • Let players create teams ingame, like clans. with a maximum of X members, and a minimum of 4.
  • Team championships/ranking boards/seasons (See above point on Lunaro)
    • This should include ALL game types, so that people are forced to do more gametypes than just Team Deathmatch if they want to rank high.
      Aka if there are 5 different game modes. and a team only plays 1 of them, they can only gain 20% of the rewards/points/ranking than teams who play all different modes.

There you go, lots of suggestions, for one big pvp rework,

one that makes it beneficial for the rest of the game to actually pvp.

While not being game breaking if you don't. (Like arbitrations: You can get rewards that you cannot get anywhere else. But you don't lose much if you don't play it.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

@Eterud good points,

first we have to see Conclave alerts and maybe node on starchart.

Now there are not enough players to even make any sort of ranking.

True, but then again there are no real rewards from conclave either.

in a game like this, you've got to draw them in with rewards that compete with the other content. (ESO, PoE, Fortuna, Derelict, Vault, etc etc etc.)

Alerts with rewards equitable to what's already offered for mid-to-high-tier alerts, plus victory bonuses and standing rewards. Period.

Everything else flows from there. More people playing -> more people talking about it -> more people demanding fixes -> more people demanding additions and improvements -> more incentive and direction for DE to do something.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-10 at 10:23 AM, Tyreaus said:

Alerts with rewards equitable to what's already offered for mid-to-high-tier alerts, plus victory bonuses and standing rewards. Period.

Everything else flows from there. More people playing -> more people talking about it -> more people demanding fixes -> more people demanding additions and improvements -> more incentive and direction for DE to do something.

OMG someone who thinks like me!

Yes 100% agree!

On top of that add Conclave node to Star Chart so it isn't hodden in Orbiter console.

Fix new players loadout, so they always have equiped primary gun etc. not only melee from the start.

ROTATE THE REWARDS AFTER EACH UPDATE. 

That will make conclave standing useful, and not just for cosmetics and more conclave mods that most don't really need nor want. There is currently no incentive, people just run in, get the standing, and stop playing once they got what they want. Color pallets, weapon variants, and unique items should give players more than enough incentive

PROMOTE CONCLAVE IN A MEANINGFUL WAY.

Whether it be through specific events, alternative gamemodes with fun modifiers, or just highlighting it somehow in general.

ALLOW COMMUNITY MAP BUILDING

Warframe already has a sweet dojo training room editor that is huge. It would be more than enough space to be an actual map. I would love to see players create and submit their own conclave map designs using warframe's own editor!

ACTUALLY PROVIDE REASONABLE BALANCING.

This is the most pressing issue. Seriously, we have zaws that can 1 shot with a single air attack, whips that can 1 shot with a single combo spam, and daggers that can track opponents in mid air with the use of a mod. It's bad, and newer players steer clear because of that very reason. Nobody takes pvp in warframe seriously at all. People would rather get a daily challenge done and leave the match prematurely, than stay to complete it.

As a conclave "veteran", I can say that conclave does not require much skill, you only need the right weapons and right warframe. The only "skill" comes with jumping around like a pansy so you don't get shot. This applies more on console.

On 2018-12-19 at 6:54 AM, (PS4)Dubufu said:

As a conclave "veteran", I can say that conclave does not require much skill, you only need the right weapons and right warframe. The only "skill" comes with jumping around like a pansy so you don't get shot. This applies more on console.

Well i agree and disagree.

If you play vs weak, normal or even good pvp players, good loadout = win,

BUT if you fight insane skilled Conclave Veterans, then no cheese, OP Zaw, Op warframe will make you win vs Snipetron/Vectis kills from accross the map with no chance to even use your "cheesy/noob" tactics.

What I would suggest was mentioned several times already....

I would recommend to at least double the daily standing cap only for conclave.

Much more valuable rewards, Cetus wisps, tellurium, detonite, injectors, relics even for some long decent matches. Also I would suggest some new cosmetic items. Some sort sydans new Armour maybe?.. and also I would remove restriction from conclave mods, so all conclave mods could be used in PvE some mods could yield interesting results. Gorgon Frenzy? Precise Munition? Rumbled? could inject a bit of life into some older weapons too. Few mods like draining gloom could be re-worked to drain shield from PvE enemies instead energy..

Alerts sound like amazing idea too and better balance is always a nice thing.

And here is silly idea as top tier rewards, kit gun and zaw parts available only in Conclave. All stylesed after dax tech... or jsut in general some Dax Weapons.