Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

USB Headset Mics do not work

(NSW)JAKE_OB

Tested this out across multiple Nintendo Switch systems with multiple friends. USB headsets currently do not work for voice chat. Only 3.5mm headsets work. If you've had a USB headset plugged in, you'll need to completely close the software, unplug your USB headset (possibly anything else plugged into the USB ports also), plug in your 3.5mm headset, and then start the software again to get voice chat working. Really hoping this get patched as not being able to use any USB headset for voice chat is very inconvenient.

Edited by (NSW)JAKE_OB
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what is considered "supported", for USB sound devices on the Nintendo switch, but would like to add some specifics:

Razer Thresher Ultimate - Does not work

Razer Megalodon - Does not Work

Blue Yeti Microphone - Does not work

Blue Snowball Microphone - Does not work

I haven't tried anything else.  Would love to see a list of supported hardware, I'll go and buy whatever works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe I'm having the same issue with a logitech G933 Artemis. Finally dawned on me (reading this post) that I can't explicitly recall if anyone ever heard me with the USB Bluetooth transmitter, but I clearly remember this headset working using an aux cord. This forum post is the top Google result for a mic not working with Warframe on the Switch. Will run a few tests using the earlier unplug/reboot advice and post when I can.

ALSO

Did anyone else have to crank up voice receive to max (400!) then lower all other sounds to 50? This was the only way I could hear anyone, period. 

Keep up the good work, DE, we're happy to have you on Switch 🙂

SOLVED! 

Y'all. Headphones and headsets are two different things. The switch supports wireless USB *headphones* (and the headsets it supports are only supported as such: headphones, no mic).

As of this moment, the ONLY legitimate way to get a mic to work with the switch is wired, using the 3.5 jack. 

This article words it much, much more clearly. CNET has a list of tested headsets that work, an additional list of tested headsets that don't work (sorry, Razer fans), as well as a list of headsets yet to be tested. 

Thanks, hire me, DE, I solve problems! If discovering there's little hope is a solution. 

• 4 weeks later...

Actually the Switch does support usb headsets with microphones. In Fortnite you can use the Ps4 gold wireless USB headset on the Switch to chat with other people while docked. There is also a new third party usb pro controller releasing soon where you can plug your wired headset into the controller. It would be great if DE could also support voice chat in Warframe via usb. (I think all games that use the vivox client support it)

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT TYPE OF VOICE CHAT DOES WARFRAME SUPPORT?

To use voice-chat in Warframe on Nintendo Switch, simply plug your headset into either the audio jack or USB-C port and talk to your squad using Warframe’s built-in voice-chat. 

Yet this hasn't been the case for USB-C headsets since it came out. The mic doesn't work.  This should have been fixed by now.  This was quite the turn off for a lot of people I play with on the Switch. And they haven't touched this really great game because of this. So they are missing out.  We could really use this fix PLZ!