Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there so much negativity about the game?

gl9k

6 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

There's definitely a bit of that, yeah.

A lot of the newer players haven't seen too many (or sometimes any) instances of bad behavior on DE's part, of which there have been many.

I'm inclined to think that stuff is mostly down to momentary moral failings of individual staffers, and not some sort of systemic cynicism at the company.

This would be a good time to point out that we no longer see which moderators do what around here, which removes even the last pretense of accountability. What's more, someone is interfering with external archival of pages on these forums. That means it's difficult to make thorough documentation of any problem behavior.

Sure, criticism should be purpose-built to point the way toward improvements whenever that's possible. That said, anyone wanting to run off and saint this company is acting prematurely.

I think it can also be connected to the PR move over the past 12 months. I think we've all seen the Warframe hype on YouTube, and how it's touted as the antithesis to anti-consumer games and developers. This, in my opinion, has created a sense of superiority in many players, wherein everything negative is seen as a siege. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

And whatever your intentions are, they are irrelevant, just like your post. Your post does nothing except confirm everything the OP said. You are the type of player that they are talking about. 

Yes I am, I am negative about the game, the Op didn't ask "what are peoples positive opinions of the game".  Clearly my post is not entirely irrelevant because you keep replying to them.

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I'm dismissive? Your threatening on a public forum that your not giving DE anymore money because you didn't get a certain free twitch drop. Ok boy.

Not threatening, stating.  Did you read any of my original post?  Or did you just jump immediately into defending DE?  Twitch drop isn't free if you actually pay for internet service, DE did not accurately state that the odds of their drops rates, and in doing so duped their player base into acting as bots.  I would have preferred that they offered junk but did so honestly as opposed to offering high value twitch drops as "less common".

Am 27.11.2018 um 17:42 schrieb (NSW)gl9k:

I have been playing Warframe on and off until this last summer where I started playing regularly. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far and thus decided to search for content by the community (In places like Youtube and these forums) and I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game. For instance the last few updates (arbitrations and Fortuna being the most notable examples) have been mostly met with criticism on these platforms (and not the constructive kind because often times it's just people complaining without any suggestion on how to improve them).

Even though I am not far into the game and thus not burning out, the overall negative mood of the community really is killing my drive to play more because I think "Will I become this bitter after playing for a bit?". I am just making this post to ask why the community has to be so negative about the game that they supposedly love? If the criticism were constructive it would be one thing but it's not. it's just griping.

God forbid DE makes lots and tons of mistakes. This ain't a candy world filled with unicorns. Nothing is flawless and without sin. DE is known for making horrible balance changes and promising "endgame content" that always turned out to be useless or not fun at all, or both together. But thing is, most of the time they don't actually care about endgame content. Eidolons are a joke and I bet the Orbs will be too. Veterans aren't profitable enough I guess otherwise they would have gotten up on their horses.

Also.. it's not the players responsibility to fix the game. And would even be worse if Youtubers mentioned them because hiveminds would rally against each other and nothing would ever be good. I'm not saying players are clueless, that's nonsense, but it's not our responsibility to do their job.

Edited by Karu-QW

21 minutes ago, Arekin said:

Not threatening, stating.  Did you read any of my original post?  Or did you just jump immediately into defending DE?  Twitch drop isn't free if you actually pay for internet service, DE did not accurately state that the odds of their drops rates, and in doing so duped their player base into acting as bots.  I would have preferred that they offered junk but did so honestly as opposed to offering high value twitch drops as "less common".

This post was about negativity in the game and u sir prove it to the T. "Threatening" that your not giving DE money because you made an assumption based on nothing.

DE didn't give a drop rate for any of the drops. So how pray tell we're they being deceiving?