Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there so much negativity about the game?

gl9k

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I have a feeling this arguement is simply lending credence to OP's belief that the community is more negative than not, congrats for that, guys. 

I do hope that OP, and others, realize this is not a representation of the community as a whole but rather a vocal minority.  A micro, minority, really. 

We should invite OP to LPW.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb DerGreif2:

Feedback is the most important thing you can give to a developer. It means that you care about the game and with the right feedback they change things. If they dont know what the do wrong they will not change anything because they think it's fine.

I also think the WF YouTubers are really important. They make the game popular and give also just opinions. 90% of them are not full time YTs so stop wity the unessesary hate for just clicks. Most of them have jobs so that's just a thing that they like. That just shows that you have no idea how YouTube works. Its not just black and white guys. There is a reason why they have a big impact: a lot of people agree.

In the end you have to know what is useless toxicity and what is kritic. Try first to be neutral and they argument. If you cant do that try to avoid the forums. But the feedback section is also the place where the devs go.

This. So much this. Pretty much every "negativ" Youtube i Watch provides both reasons and ideas on how to improve the Part of the game they have an issue with. Negativity doesnt come from Vaters, it comes from Lovers of the game that want to make it perfect. And if that includes Calling out where DE makes Bad/strange decisions them it shouldnt be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Arekin said:

Yeah, I'm twice your age, but then seeing as you could articulate a reason for your initial response, I don't know why I would expect this one to be different.  
Also, Your is not a substitute for you're, and ur is not a substitute for your.  Grammar please.

I'm on mobile so I use short hand. I'm 41, so ur in ur 80's? That explains it.

Agh those my friend are spoiled brats from private schools that still have their polo's buttoned up.

The rest of us are pretty profined memers... that need to calm the heck down.

(P.S. There are also people that like to be negative just for the sake of being negative, and to be fairly honest in the game itself most of the people are friendly and helpfull)

Edited by 180Degree

An influx of new players is always followed by a wave of negativity - mainly from those who dont like the game or those who dont like the new players.

It will pass. but will return after the next big update.

The game is fundamentally sound so nothing has changed apart from the grind being longer

ive been around for awhile on off but personally i like it when the forum lights on fire some times riven dispo change was a good entertainment and you can plot it all out with a cycle fill in the blank and it becomes dark souls with cycle after cycle

here ill give the fill in the blank

DE announces they will be changing ______ because of ______ > users of _______ will complain that DE is _________ > users who like the change to ________ will argue for it > DE deploys update with ______ included > for the next few days in the forums and other social platforms will be complaining about _________ is ruined the game for them > enough time passes were people figure out how the change to _________ works or leaves > Balance in salt levels is restored for now

1 hour ago, DerGreif2 said:

Btw White Knights that just say "DE is fine and they dont have to di anything" are the worst. Because they contribute nothing to the conversation and can shut down important critics. Dont white knight.

Yawn...another one of these “white knight” fellas misses the irony of saying “they contribute nothing” whilst contributing nothing to the discussion...twice. Yes feedback and criticism are an important tool.  Nobody can disagree with that.  People who stand up for an aspect of the game they enjoy are not “white knighting” as you so inelegantly put it. In fact, I’ve never seen anyone say everything about the game is fine.  Criticism is best introduced with insight.  

9 hours ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

fine then, I'll call it what it really is: whining and an attitude of entitlement. Don't want to use buzzwords after all.

hmm, when you make a forum post asking why there is negativity about the game in the forums, I was under the impression you genuinely wanted to know what's up with this segment of the veteran community. Seems like you were already biased with your preconceptions though. 

9 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

IMHO the reason for negativity is because this game has no clear direction. So everyone has defined their own idea of what this game should be.

There needs to be a defined end game at some point or it just feels like grinding for the sake of grinding.

I've never seen a game ask you to acquire all this ridiculous power and then neglect to give you anything to do with it.

Where's the content that puts all of it to use and makes it all worth it? Will there ever be a payoff?

Exactly this. In other MMOs you know all the grind and farming will pay off because you'll have an advantage in pvp or be able to better assist your guild in raids. In WF everything beyond slaping a few mods on your weapon (not even a catalyst required) is already overkill territory. And each new update adds to the power creep. Our weapons can already comfortably kill lvl 400 enemies unbuffed (some weapons like melee and snipers can kill enemies in the 1000s), and yet DE still refuses to throw anything above lvl 100ish at us. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb jfhsanseiIII:

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “received it for free” here.  There’s nothing you need to pay for unless you choose to do so.  Nothing is hidden behind a pay wall.  

Everyone deserves criticism for something.  I’m not sure what yours is though.  Perhaps if the “time-gating” impediment you refer to is your criticism, what would you do differently? How would you implement it in a way that would satisfy the majority of gamers? I’m personally okay with it and actually prefer it. Are my feelings more or less important than yours? Can DE make a decision that satisfies both of us? My point is that they’ll upset one person, or many more, with any decision that they make. If you have a criticism that’s fine, legitimize it with an idea that changes it from just complaining about not getting what you want to offering insight on how to fix something you feel lacks good implementation. 

For example:

this gun sucks. It’s trash tier.  

Vs 

this gun doesn’t really match up to other weapons in its tier. Boosting its IPS spread or giving it more Status would give it better results. What does everyone else think?

Had a great discussion in another thread "for you personally, did fortuna fill the content drought?" you can have a read if you want, all the things you mentioned are discussed there.

What I mean with "didn't receive it for free" is that yes, nothing is behind a paywall but that's because people like me and many others put some good money into the game. I've stopped doing that earlier this year when I noticed the change of development. I can only speak for myself but I will start putting money into Warframe again when they release content that I'm interested in and I think that's not too hard to understand. That content might amd hopefully be Part 2 of Fortuna.

4 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I'm on mobile so I use short hand. I'm 41, so you're in your 80's? That explains it.

Funny, you re every bit the dismissive jerk i would expect from a 19 year old.  I hope you're lying because if you are really 41, dude that's sad.

19 hours ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

I have been playing Warframe on and off until this last summer where I started playing regularly. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far and thus decided to search for content by the community (In places like Youtube and these forums) and I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game. For instance the last few updates (arbitrations and Fortuna being the most notable examples) have been mostly met with criticism on these platforms (and not the constructive kind because often times it's just people complaining without any suggestion on how to improve them).

Even though I am not far into the game and thus not burning out, the overall negative mood of the community really is killing my drive to play more because I think "Will I become this bitter after playing for a bit?". I am just making this post to ask why the community has to be so negative about the game that they supposedly love? If the criticism were constructive it would be one thing but it's not. it's just griping.

Well most of the negativity seems to stem from the veteran players and speed-grinders (plus bug complaints and console players complaining they haven't got Fortuna yet).

They're either bored and want more new content, or else want some kind of "end game mode" where they can use their cheesiest frames & gear and not be done in a few minutes. DE have tried to provide this sort of content on a number of occasions, but for whatever reason it never became popular.

I daresay when I've played the game long enough, I will become bored with it...but thats a long way off for me, as I never play for more than a few hours at a time and not every day either.

Thing is, I enjoy the game for the story, as much as the gameplay and I appreciate what DE are trying to do. So when the time comes that there is nothing left for me to do, I will simply play another game until more content comes out, rather than fill the forum with negativity.

You have:

1. Salty vets who've reach critical salt levels.

2. Man babies who've thrown their toys out of the pram because their main got balanced.

3. LifeOfRio fanbois, the less we talk about them the better.

4. Predatory youtubers who thrive of creating negativity.

19 hours ago, (NSW)gl9k said:

I have been playing Warframe on and off until this last summer where I started playing regularly. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far and thus decided to search for content by the community (In places like Youtube and these forums) and I was surprised at the amount of negativity some people have about this game. For instance the last few updates (arbitrations and Fortuna being the most notable examples) have been mostly met with criticism on these platforms (and not the constructive kind because often times it's just people complaining without any suggestion on how to improve them).

Even though I am not far into the game and thus not burning out, the overall negative mood of the community really is killing my drive to play more because I think "Will I become this bitter after playing for a bit?". I am just making this post to ask why the community has to be so negative about the game that they supposedly love? If the criticism were constructive it would be one thing but it's not. it's just griping.

I don't think beyond the microcosm that is the 'Forums', that there's much negativity at all.

I also describe the salt on here as a 'Storm in a teacup' - The same people complaining about the same issues repeatedly that represent a very small percentage of the forums, never mind the actual population of Warframe as a whole.

2 hours ago, Arekin said:

Funny, you re every bit the dismissive jerk i would expect from a 19 year old.  I hope you're lying because if you are really 41, dude that's sad.

I'm dismissive? Your threatening on a public forum that ur not giving DE anymore money because u didn't get a certain free twitch drop. Ok boy.

9 hours ago, Arekin said:

Op literally asked why there was Criticism about the game, and while there are many criticisms, I stated my personal criticism.  I would love for you to how my literally typing a direct response to the OP's question is "derailing this thread.  Also, assuming DE reads these threads (I would hope yes), I would think that expressing my distaste for their campaign would encourage them to correct course rather than continue on a dubious practice.  Stating that I wont spend money on their product is not because I think that I personally will put a dent in their bottom dollar, but if it makes them analyze their practice and see that it could affect their bottom dollar if continued, then my point is well made.

Lastly, Bye?  I never played with you, and by your dismissive attitude, i don't believe I ever would.    

And whatever your intentions are, they are irrelevant, just like your post. Your post does nothing except confirm everything the OP said. You are the type of player that they are talking about. 

22 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Just try and enjoy the game. If you don't, take a step back and see if it's you or the game. If it's the game, DE has made changes based on feedback in the past and will continue to do so. If it's you, there is literally nothing DE can do and you should find a game that you like better.

The thing is, you aren't. Actual, useful, constructive feedback requires details, explanations. What don't you like and why. Saying "I don't like this" is, perhaps, the least useful thing you could do.

You're completely ignoring the second part of his post. If no one showed their dislike for something, a company is just going to carry on and have no idea what's dropping their player count. It's never the player's job to give suggestions and feedback on how to improve the game if they have a complaint. It may help, but not everyone has a new idea . The odds they would actually take those suggestions are slim to none anyway. Very few companies actually do. But they do have an opportunity to see what a vast majority of players dislike if our voices are heard, which will steer them in an actual direction.

When hundreds of people are giving different feedback, there is no way they are going to be able to read through all that info which contains several different ideas. If thousands of people complain, it makes much more sense to see that there's a problem, and that they have to address it.

Edited by (NSW)Neeto

Just now, (NSW)Neeto said:

You're completely ignoring the second part of his post. If no one showed their dislike for something, a company is just going to carry on and have no idea what's dropping their player count. It's never the player's job to give suggestions and feedback on how to improve the game, it may help, but not everyone has a new idea . The odds they would actually take those suggestions are slim to none anyway. Very few companies actually do. But they do have an opportunity to see what a vast majority of players dislike if our voices are heard, which will steer them in an actual direction.

When hundreds of people are giving different feedback, there is no way they are going to be able to read through all that info which contains several different ideas. If thousands of people complain, it makes much more sense to see that there's a problem, and that they have to address it.

This post of yours... Was based on a biased way of thinking. Click bait is what this thread is.

52 minutes ago, (NSW)Neeto said:

You're completely ignoring the second part of his post. If no one showed their dislike for something, a company is just going to carry on and have no idea what's dropping their player count. It's never the player's job to give suggestions and feedback on how to improve the game if they have a complaint. It may help, but not everyone has a new idea . The odds they would actually take those suggestions are slim to none anyway. Very few companies actually do. But they do have an opportunity to see what a vast majority of players dislike if our voices are heard, which will steer them in an actual direction.

Huh - how's that going to work? Surely trying to make sense of feedback from thousands of people is just going to be that much harder?

Unless...there is an overriding theme to the responses that points in a specific direction...

However, when it comes to this game, it seems if you ask 1,000 people for an opinion, you'll get 1,000 different answers.

The only overriding theme I've seen so far, is complaints about lack of "endgame content". However, I have yet to see any clear ideas about what constitutes  "endgame content", beyond vague ideas about enemies that are harder to kill.

DE have already made several attempts at creating game modes to cater to players with high level gear...but none have proven very popular for some reason. So, until they get some sort of definite steer on exactly what it is these players want, I doubt they'll be making any changes in that regard.

Its the same situation as far as bug fixes and reworks, versus new content is concerned. Half the people seem to want the former, half the latter and half want both (yes that was deliberate).

DE are basically in a no-win situation, whatever they do...so as far as I'm concerned, the right course of action is to just ignore the players, (except when they feel they actually want feedback) and continue to develop the game as they see fit.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2018-11-27 at 11:42 AM, (NSW)gl9k said:

In many cases, it is constructive criticism, if I recall. I'm pretty sure VoidReaper's stuff, if that's his name, is fairly additive to the game.

But, you really do need to realize, we enjoy this game. We really do. We just want it to be better than what it currently is, you know? Because here's the thing, it isn't fun to have to go to PoE and run around doing almost nothing until night time. It's not fun for me to have to grind new weapons out because they won't be better than the Tigris Prime or Boar Prime with a Riven. It's not fun for people to invest into rivens, have them out for two or three years with the promise of changing their stats, and never touching it until just recently. It's not fun to have to wait half a year for something to do half the time. It's not fun to be a veteran with little to nothing to do. 

DE needs to realize this, and a while back when they told us, the players, to make content for them with Tennogen, I felt upset. I #*!%ing loved that Nidus Nightstalker skin, but it didn't fit the game I guess. Don't you want us to put things in the game that we like? I feel that they need to listen to the playerbase, at least a little more. Not take in every suggestion, of course, but actually hearing us out. They're so Anti-AFK and they want these mobbed enemies to be hard. Not through real difficulty, no, but through exponential EHP and mobs. Poor Vauban can't even have a turret or anything, that'd be too easy for half the player base and DE, wouldn't it? DE needs to hear us out. Arbitration had potential, but it's utterly flawed. Onslaught was supposed to be the endgame for all veterans and late-game players to rejoice. What did we get? A S#&$ty, understocked playpen for Saryn, Equinox, and Trinity(with teams.) Put more enemies in for solo players. Enough for me to actually keep the timer up in a warframe I like, such as Ivara, Frost, Inaros, Nidus, and so on. Speaking of Saryn, she's still cheese-ish, but now she's just tedious and a pain in the ass to play. Press 1 on an enemy, press 3, hit with Ignis Wraith, repeat until they die so fast you lose a ton of your stacks in a few seconds. Cut the decay down or something, give the spore count some invulnerability frames. Something to make Saryn not tedious, and feeling unrewarding.

Are the some things people complain about that don't make sense, and nobody will happy? Yes, as is the case with pretty much anything with a playerbase as large as it is now. Some people are for daily rewards changes, some arent. Others love fortuna, others dont. Others think polearms should be nerfed, others thing daggers should be buffed. It will always be like that. But, the things that some people seem to either majorly agree on, or agree on unanimously, and that need to be addressed when they almost always seem to be glossed over.

The negativity is there for a reason. Big playerbase, many opinions, many problems.

Because small criticisms are attacked by much of the community, veterans who have opinions are attacked and told to leave, negative opinions are seen as hate.. This game is turning into a sacred cow, which will be the death of it. 

3 minutes ago, 1ivay1 said:

Because small criticisms are attacked by much of the community, veterans who have opinions are attacked and told to leave, negative opinions are seen as hate.. This game is turning into a sacred cow, which will be the death of it. 

There's definitely a bit of that, yeah.

A lot of the newer players haven't seen too many (or sometimes any) instances of bad behavior on DE's part, of which there have been many.

I'm inclined to think that stuff is mostly down to momentary moral failings of individual staffers, and not some sort of systemic cynicism at the company.

This would be a good time to point out that we no longer see which moderators do what around here, which removes even the last pretense of accountability. What's more, someone is interfering with external archival of pages on these forums. That means it's difficult to make thorough documentation of any problem behavior.

Sure, criticism should be purpose-built to point the way toward improvements whenever that's possible. That said, anyone wanting to run off and saint this company is acting prematurely.