Jump to content

What are your top 3 places to get information about warframe?


Legion-Shields
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

Say a new player asked you where to go to get information about warframe and how to use it. What would you recommend?

 

for me it would be:

 

1. LifeofRio

2. Warframe wikia

and that’s all I have.

Last time I checked you won't find the info your looking for in a 20 minute vague unfocused rant. Anyways 

1. Wiki

2. Warframe discord

3. Forums player helping player section

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Reading people whinge about 'x' on the forums.

2) Common sense.

3) Trying something for myself.

That's where all my info comes from nowadays.

Looks like another attempt at a LifeOfRio appreciation thread, just hidden under a really really obvious disguise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wiki

Twitch streamers

Discord of said Twitch streamers if they're not live. 

While I enjoy the YouTubers out there, 20 minute rants on a topic that should last 2 minutes is off putting for someone that might be newer. It was for me at least. 

But why would you suggest Rio for a newer player? All he seems to do is complain about everything. If I watched him when I first installed Warframe, I probably would've uninstalled it before even playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brandt1 said:

Wiki

Twitch streamers

Discord of said Twitch streamers if they're not live. 

While I enjoy the YouTubers out there, 20 minute rants on a topic that should last 2 minutes is off putting for someone that might be newer. It was for me at least. 

But why would you suggest Rio for a newer player? All he seems to do is complain about everything. If I watched him when I first installed Warframe, I probably would've uninstalled it before even playing. 

He is very knowledgeable about the game and if it weren’t for him I would be half the Tenno I am today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh no, a certain youtuber doesn't always sugarcoat everything. How mischievous.

Anyway, if i were to tell a new player where to get information from it's definitely the wiki. From looking where things drop to getting comprehensive explanations and statistics on how abilities and systems in this game work. Perhaps i could also suggest videos of youtubers that review a certain weapon or frame so they can get a better grasp on how to use it. But to be fair, as much as i have nothing against Rio, i wouldn't recommend him to new players since most of his content is about endgame, endurance runs and the likes so nothing that a new player is going to need in their current situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

He is very knowledgeable about the game and if it weren’t for him I would be half the Tenno I am today.

He has knowledge about a single aspect of the game, no lifing endurance runs.

Based on a simple google search, it appears as though he has 0 new player focused content, and a cursory glance at his channel page shows pretty much the same thing, a whingey "Veteran" player, and furthermore someone who has shown some degree of animosity towards new players.

That makes him not a good source of information for new players, and I honestly don't understand why you feel the need to continuously praise him, despite the responses you get for doing so.

Either you're so biased that you can't stop yourself, or you're baiting the community, because you know full well the reaction you'll get.

Edited by DeMonkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

He is very knowledgeable about the game and if it weren’t for him I would be half the Tenno I am today.

I remember the first video I watched of him he started with a five minute rant about his dish washer. I clicked off instantly after that. 

Inspiring and helping new tennos everywhere. /S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

He has knowledge about a single aspect of the game, no lifing endurance runs.

Based on a simple google search, it appears as though he has 0 new player focused content, and a cursory glance at his channel page shows pretty much the same thing, a whingey "Veteran" player, and furthermore someone who has shown some degree of animosity towards new players.

That makes him not a good source of information for new players, and I honestly don't understand why you feel the need to continuously praise him, despite the responses you get for doing so.

Either you're so biased that you can't stop yourself, or you're baiting the community, because you know full well the reaction you'll get.

Ah, right I forgot he mostly talks about endgame stuff. Whoops. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Oh no, a certain youtuber doesn't always sugarcoat everything. How mischievous.

Anyway, if i were to tell a new player where to get information from it's definitely the wiki. From looking where things drop to getting comprehensive explanations and statistics on how abilities and systems in this game work. Perhaps i could also suggest videos of youtubers that review a certain weapon or frame so they can get a better grasp on how to use it. But to be fair, as much as i have nothing against Rio, i wouldn't recommend him to new players since most of his content is about endgame, endurance runs and the likes so nothing that a new player is going to need in their current situation.

I prefer to think of LifeofRio as being a bit like Warframe itself. The surface might seem unappealing, or even intimidating to the uninitiated, but those who dig deep are greatly rewarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

I prefer to think of LifeofRio as being a bit like Warframe itself. The surface might seem unappealing, or even intimidating to the uninitiated, but those who dig deep are greatly rewarded.

You would be wrong in that comparison. LifeOfRio lacks any depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...