Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolarolas needs a fix

Chan

Hi I've been playing in Fortuna for quite a while, and I have also done my fair share of hunting, but the bolarola I do have to say might be the most annoying animal to try to capture. Not only do they move at an insanely slow speed, but they also need to get to a spesific spot to reveal their biggest weakpoint. Of course you can still hit the head or try to get the chest with a fair bit of aiming and luck, but 80% of the timeyour shot is 1) going to miss or 2) hit the wrong part. This can be quite annoying as I want hunting animals to not feel like an entire mission all on it's own and I do want to be able to get through with 1 hunt quickly so I can get on with the next one. 

I do hope DE can either increase it's movement speed or increase the frequency of which it showcases it's weakpoint.

-Chan

• Like 1

Their hit areas are way smaller compared to others I never tried aiming for the head since it's scaly as well, I usually approach one from the side. Their furry bellies can be seen from the side but hard to distinguish from scales since scales cover 3/4 of their side, aim slightly high it hits the scales and they are gone, aim slightly low and it goes under they are again alerted. Pobbers come in threes and their challange is getting all three, bolarolas have very small hit areas verminks and kubrodons don't have any specific challanges I think.

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, Thoogah said:

Their hit areas are way smaller compared to others I never tried aiming for the head since it's scaly as well, I usually approach one from the side. Their furry bellies can be seen from the side but hard to distinguish from scales since scales cover 3/4 of their side, aim slightly high it hits the scales and they are gone, aim slightly low and it goes under they are again alerted. Pobbers come in threes and their challange is getting all three, bolarolas have very small hit areas verminks and kubrodons don't have any specific challanges I think.

This.. is SO TRUE!

• Like 1

On 2018-11-27 at 1:36 PM, Thoogah said:

kubrodons don't have any specific challanges I think.

Kubrodons require multiple tranq applications to knock out. I've also heard that they recover from "sleep" type abilities within seconds.

Another point with Bolarolas - nearby Corpus will generally shoot them.  Their tough, scaled hides are apparently not lazerproof.

Edited by Zavenosk

true, kubrodons take 2 darts and I also noticed they can start running if they smell you so having a sydana and positioning does help with them. I read if you headshot them it takes 1 dart never tried it myself though, so far never missed with double tap. With the new reload speed of the tranq it should be more convenient now.

The biggest challange overall is getting lucky with the spawns I think. I tried filling up my daily standing cap only with conservation (18k) never ran into a rare animal you almost always get the scrub ones.

It'd be nice if you could use the excess tags you end up gathering.

• 2 weeks later...

IF we only had a sniper rifle so we could actually see what we are aiming at....

I think we should get to use Siphon traps like what we use on Cephalon Simaris targets lol.   Make the animal call,  drop a siphon trap,  when the animal gets close it sets off trap and is lifted into the air.  Then we could use tranq gun to hit weak point as it slowly spins and rotates in the trap for a few seconds.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN