Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... is the Boar Prime after buffs worth forma vs other end-game shotguns??

Marakai

So I have Boar Prime, I have all necessary mods (4x 60/60 maxed out) and I wonder if Boar Prime is worth forma till I get Tigris Prime.

So far I have formed only Hek which carried me all the way. I wonder if BP after buffs is worth end game compare to Tigrus, Wraith Sturn, Sobek or V.Hek.

Anyone use Boar Prime 100 lvls + and can compare?

1 minute ago, OmegaZero633 said:

It’s a fast-firing status-based shotgun with good damage. Definitely level 100+ viable even without rivens and the like. Whether it’s worth forma’ing is more up to your taste in weaponry but as an avid user I can say it certainly does the job.

100% agree to this. She's worth putting a little time in to.

It is sure fun to blast into a crowd of enemies with Seeking Fury and a 100% True Status Corro/Blast.

"GET ON THE GROUND!"

But yeah, it's definitely worth the investment, even better off if you have a good Riven. Not that a Riven is required for this shotgun to be good.

Personal preferences in the end though, and if you'd rather save the Forma for the Tigris Prime then that's completely up to you. Just sacrificing fire rate / magazine size for more damage into the slash side of the spectrum and about half of your combat time spent reloading. One of the downsides of 2 shots per mag.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It's decent, but in no way do I see it standing next to the Vakor Hek, Tigris Prime, or Strun Wraith

as someone with all of the above and rivens for all of the above, plz get glasses.

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

So I have Boar Prime, I have all necessary mods (4x 60/60 maxed out) and I wonder if Boar Prime is worth forma till I get Tigris Prime.

So far I have formed only Hek which carried me all the way. I wonder if BP after buffs is worth end game compare to Tigrus, Wraith Sturn, Sobek or V.Hek.

Anyone use Boar Prime 100 lvls + and can compare?

so ive been usin boar prime for a long time now and yea it definitly does compare, even more so if you get a SC riven for it  though even without one it still shreds pretty good due it being able to get 100% status from dual stats before multi maybe use carrier or ammo mutation if you dont have a riven though for longer content like survivals and such

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

anybody to answer my question...? ^^"

might have been referring to the weapons balance pass from a while back?. haven't seen any patch notes since then specifically stating the Boar got changed, but I could be wrong as I don't read the notes as much as I used to.

personally the only two problems the Boar has are being Impact-based and running out of ammo pretty quick, but it's still very effective and super fun, especially if you get it Corrupted during fissure missions and/or add extra fire-rate to it. I had a Boar Riven but Gave it to a friend I knew would use it more than me.

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

Wait what, the boar got buffs? When?

Way back at February where the Boar Prime got its damage nearly doubled.

From the Wiki: 

Damage increased from 23 to 40 (per pellet)

Nasty thing, but the only issue about it, similar to the Braton Prime, is that it has no starting polarities. Outside of that, it's a fun and strong auto-shotgun aside from the Kohm.

49 minutes ago, SweetJackal said:

Now a Boar Prime with a Riven is hands down the best shotgun in the game.

No it's not. Kohm is the best shotgun with a Riven, second is Strun Wraith. After that it's Boar Prime. 

5 hours ago, Fluxinated said:

Everyone sleeping on the acid shells sobek

But you need riven to get to 100% status on Sobek, no? That makes it most new-player unfriendly I think. At least Boar Prime, Stun Wraith and Tigris Prime can get 100% with 4x 60/60s mods.

2 hours ago, Marakai said:

But you need riven to get to 100% status on Sobek, no? That makes it most new-player unfriendly I think. At least Boar Prime, Stun Wraith and Tigris Prime can get 100% with 4x 60/60s mods.

you don't need 100% status on sobek for it to be a beast tho

It’s a good weapon, viable for sortie level mission.. i do have a riven for it and boar prime is a good weapon compare to weapon like sobek or kohm without riven..  but because you need to put all 60/60 mods into it (without riven), you need to ask yourself “are you a fan of shooting enemies when they’re knocked to the ground?” because im not and that’s why i didnt like it because of forced blast status on the weapon..