Jump to content

Fortuna feedback survey


Dayren
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey, to keep it brief: I am a questionable internet person and I am looking for some real data to base a questionable internet video on so that I don't have to preface every sentence with "I think that" and "In my opinion".

To keep it as accurate as possible, I am gathering as many answers as possible from as many diverse places as possible, so naturally, I am now asking for your help here on the forums. If you are on PC and had a chance to experience Fortuna, it would help a great deal if you could take a few minutes to fill out the survey linked below. Thank you in advance!

https://www.poll-maker.com/QK8Y8TZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loathe Cetus and Fortuna. I do them because Im OCD and must do everything. I want an update that, OUTSIDE OF PUBLIC gives the player the ability to increase the level of the mobs at the start of the mission and have 100+ tied to the leaderboards.

Edited by ThumpumGood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

Decided to take a look and answered pretty honestly but the survey seems like it holds a hidden bias. Maybe I'm just being overly suspicious. 

Please, do elaborate: it is not supposed to. The wording, answering mechanisms and question order can be edited on the go if needed be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Dayren said:

Please, do elaborate: it is not supposed to. The wording, answering mechanisms and question order can be edited on the go if needed be.

I just have a natural inclination to be suspicious of most surveys. However, question 8 seems really out of place in the whole thing, and when you answer that and go into 9 it can seem like there's a hidden agenda. Not saying that's the intent, that's the vibe I got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Sajochi:

I just have a natural inclination to be suspicious of most surveys. However, question 8 seems really out of place in the whole thing, and when you answer that and go into 9 it can seem like there's a hidden agenda. Not saying that's the intent, that's the vibe I got.

Thats Why it says better Survey pending 😉

Cant wait to See the result on this one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, OP! 
 
Hope I'm not too late to the party 🙂
 
I'm not a native English speaker, but I'd like to share some qualms regarding several aspects of the survey, probably nothing serious, but nonetheless (please do not take it too close to heart): 
 
Survey introduction: "The survey will be used for a video..." - what kind of video? Due to the fact that surveys gather information that a certain individual requires for THEIR OWN purpose, a participant should have a clear understanding of a said purpose. Analysis/discussion is a very vague way of explaining it.   
 
TL.;DR.: I do not know you, therefore would be awesome if a trustworthy introduction was in your OP and link, explaining: who; what; where; when; how and why. 
What about anonymity? 
 
Question #6 The tasks construction seems a bit off, even after reading the next question, i feel that some aspects that i will leave out could be used somehow.  
Maybe something like(?):  

  • Please select 1-3 things that you enjoyed about Fortuna part 1"  
  • Please select 1-3 things that you least enjoyed about Fortuna part 1" 

Would be interesting if the questions #6-7 were remade into a section which included respondents oppinion regarding games Visual and Mechanical parts separately. 
 
Question #8: Isn't friendly for me, how am I supposed to know if I joined somewhere within  Octavias update timeline? Regardless of my answer it will kill off any chance of a statistical analysis, if that is the goal of course. (what value does my answer has if i'm not a day one player?) 
 
Question #9 Would have liked an option to select several variants, also "playing Fortuna" and "playing Fortuna more" are, I feel, 2 different questions.

Also, a friendly thread bump 🙂

Edited by PurrrningBoop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we need to bear in mind Fortuna isn't quite finished yet.

Would have liked more options on what we like / dislike about it.

 

That said, it is starting to feel just a little bland already. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel one or two lore quests would help prolong interest and make it feel more connected to the rest of the game...like how we have Saya's Vigil and the Revenant quests for Plains of Eidolon.

Maybe these are to come in future updates? I got the impression from the trailers that we would be confronting Anyo and helping Solaris United gain their freedom. I get that the bounty missions are ostensibly doing this, but they just feel like we're grinding to gain standing, rather than having any real effect.

 

Edited by FlusteredFerret
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 10 Stunden schrieb ThumpumGood:

I loathe Cetus and Fortuna. I do them because Im OCD and must do everything. 

Same here. I think open world and Warframe just does not fit. Tilesets offer more variety and allow you to zone out while playing. I mean you can hold chokepoints in tilesets way better and it is also less confusing. In open world you get hammered 360° and from air which is annoying. Or your squad just snipes everything around you which is boring. 

I played a few hours of fortuna and found it was too much copy paste from PoE. Sure, everything looks nice but that does not make it fun to play. And 40+ new resources are also just another f-it for me. I had really hoped to never again go fishing and mining. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sajochi said:

I just have a natural inclination to be suspicious of most surveys. However, question 8 seems really out of place in the whole thing, and when you answer that and go into 9 it can seem like there's a hidden agenda. Not saying that's the intent, that's the vibe I got.

Good call on #8 - I have switched the order for #8 and #9, it makes more sense that way. Hidden agenda-wise, if it's the question's topic that gives it to you (rather than a problem that effectively affects data collection, whether due to sloppiness or a "hidden agenda" - e.g. limited number of answers not covering the whole problem or wording suggesting only one type of answer) I am afraid that's nothing that can be improved in a survey. At least rest assured that as long as that's the case, surveys yield non-hidden-agenda data as they technically reflect what the respondents really think. That becomes a much bigger problem only after survey results are processed by media.

24 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Hi, OP! 
 
Hope I'm not too late to the party 🙂
 
I'm not a native English speaker, but I'd like to share some qualms regarding several aspects of the survey, probably nothing serious, but nonetheless (please do not take it too close to heart): 
 
Survey introduction: "The survey will be used for a video..." - what kind of video? Due to the fact that surveys gather information that a certain individual requires for THEIR OWN purpose, a participant should have a clear understanding of a said purpose. Analysis/discussion is a very vague way of explaining it.   
 
TL.;DR.: I do not know you, therefore would be awesome if a trustworthy introduction was in your OP and link, explaining: who; what; where; when; how and why. 
What about anonymity? 
 
Question #6 The tasks construction seems a bit off, even after reading the next question, i feel that some aspects that i will leave out could be used somehow.  
Maybe something like(?):  

  • Please select 1-3 things that you enjoyed about Fortuna part 1"  
  • Please select 1-3 things that you least enjoyed about Fortuna part 1" 

Would be interesting if the questions #6-7 were remade into a section which included respondents oppinion regarding games Visual and Mechanical parts separately. 
 
Question #8: Isn't friendly for me, how am I supposed to know if I joined somewhere within  Octavias update timeline? Regardless of my answer it will kill off any chance of a statistical analysis, if that is the goal of course. (what value does my answer has if i'm not a day one player?) 
 
Question #9 Would have liked an option to select several variants, also "playing Fortuna" and "playing Fortuna more" are, I feel, 2 different questions.

Also, a friendly thread bump 🙂

Hey, first off, thanks a lot for the detailed feedback! Based on it,

- updated the introduction with more details, channel link, anonymity concerns
- #6 and 7# - yes, the questions are way too big/general but visuals couldn't stand on their own - there's not much to them, it'd be more or less "do you like them, yes or now" - in retrospect, even that would probably be a better way to go around but unfortunately, there's too much pre-existing data to change the structure now and have respondents re-take the survey
- #8 was pushed to the bottom, allowed it to be skipped - to clarify, it's not directly tied to Fortuna, rather its reception - to see which updates people see as the best and how it relates to playercount statistics
- #9 reworded to just "playing Fortuna"


again, thanks for taking the time to write all this down!

 

3 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I think we need to bear in mind Fortuna isn't quite finished yet.

Would have liked more options on what we like / dislike about it.

 

That said, it is starting to feel just a little bland already. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel one or two lore quests would help prolong interest and make it feel more connected to the rest of the game...like how we have Saya's Vigil and the Revenant quests for Plains of Eidolon.

 

If you select "other" - it was outlined in the questions but now it should hopefully be more clear. If you have more than one thing not included in the static answer options you'd like to mention, just write all of it into the "other" field, I'll sort through it after the survey's concluded.

If you really want, you can fill out the survey again with this in mind: the survey only allows one response per user so as long as you're on the same device you can retake the survey and it'll overwrite the original answers with the newest submitted version.

 

 

Last but not least, also thanks to everyone who took the survey so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dayren said:

Hey, to keep it brief: I am a questionable internet person and I am looking for some real data to base a questionable internet video on so that I don't have to preface every sentence with "I think that" and "In my opinion".

To keep it as accurate as possible, I am gathering as many answers as possible from as many diverse places as possible, so naturally, I am now asking for your help here on the forums. If you are on PC and had a chance to experience Fortuna, it would help a great deal if you could take a few minutes to fill out the survey linked below. Thank you in advance!

https://www.poll-maker.com/QK8Y8TZ

Hey Dayren! Is there a better survey pending for us console tenno after this one?

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have preferred if the questions regarding things that we like/dislike about Fortuna were treated differently. In specific, I would have liked all things you mention to get a scale (e.g. from 1 to 5) with the lowest number showing "don't like at all" and the highest "I love it". For example:

Kitguns: 3/5

MOAs: 1/5

Lore: 4/5

and so on, without limiting the number of possible replies to 3. Nevertheless, I replied to the survey as best as I could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Hey Dayren! Is there a better survey pending for us console tenno after this one?

I don't think so, unfortunately - I am doing this one in relation to player activity and I have no way to check that on XBOX/PS4 (Switch now as well I suppose) as far as I know 😕

4 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I would have preferred if the questions regarding things that we like/dislike about Fortuna were treated differently. In specific, I would have liked all things you mention to get a scale (e.g. from 1 to 5) with the lowest number showing "don't like at all" and the highest "I love it". For example:

Kitguns: 3/5

MOAs: 1/5

Lore: 4/5

and so on, without limiting the number of possible replies to 3. Nevertheless, I replied to the survey as best as I could.

This approach would be good for a follow-up survey but here, I am just trying to identify the key strenghts and problems people have rather than rate every feature individually - I didn't originally know how many respondents I could gather and survey size (i.e. like with having separate rating question for each feature) can negatively limit the number of people willing ot take it. Thanks for filling it out as best as you could though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...