Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions on... kitguns...

RedToothKaki

Our current kitguns are almost alright. There's a couple of issues with them though. First off, I know all of this is on a corpus planet so ideally you would want the craftable weapons on this planet to be highly effect against the corpus.

IPS - imma just say it. Impact sucks... its absolutely atrocious to have impact on kitguns. Yes, most weapons have impact on them. And impact is actually decent or unnoticeable on sniper rifles like the rubico or Vectis or vulkar. But on kitguns? Its the only thing you proc even after guilding and have other elementals on. and yes I know IPS has a... 4x? 5x? higher probability of procing over elementals. But if it's JUST impact? oh no... that's a punishment. I literally think I've only seen puncture proc once on the tombfinder, granted it procs corrosive each time it procs impact just about but still, the impact proc is a huge damage setback. At anyrate, I feel like some of the IPS values should be reconsidered, seeing as right now impact is still kinda garbage. Me personally, I wouldn't even use it again corpus since the proc itself knocks them back and  throws off my aim. And on a weapon like the tombfinder? You need accuracy, otherwise you will miss. Which isn't a big deal at first… until you have to wait a year and a half to shoot again. Puncture or Slash would've been better for the tombfinder I feel, and as for some others, just doesn't feel all that much better after gilding. Or very rewarding outside the fact that you can actually put catalysts and forma on them then.

[NOTE - tweaking the tombfinder to have more fire rate isn't gonna help it deal more damage. Also the splash radius on tombfinder needs a very very slight increase. As of right now its unnoticeable unless you just so happen to find two enemies practically grinding each other. Or if you're in the simulacrum. Also the reason why i'm using the tombfinder as an example is because  both the tombfinder and rattleguts are almost decent, they just need small machenical tweaks maybe.]

Elementals - Why on God's good but cruel Earth was radiation shipped on the kitguns? Why radiation of all things? Radiation is borderline useless -- in fact the only thing its good for is eidolon hunting to counter that alloy armor or for getting a bunch of ancient healers to stop buffing and healing each other in high level infested survival runs out in the derelict. Radiation has no other use and for kitguns -- I hope -- the idea behind putting radiation on them wasn't to bring them to eidolon hunts, since they just don't have the damage to do so. Corrosive -- better yet viral or gas would've been better. The only thing that could have been worse would be magnetic. And yes I know some grineer units have alloy armor, like the bombard or the napalm or nox -- when it comes to grineer just bring corrosive. Since corrosive chews all armor anyways and is not limited to ferrite armor.

Future kitguns - On the previous pc stream it was said that there would be rifle variants of kitguns. My only issue is, what kind of rifles? because DE still has more planets to go through. I was hoping for, maybe semi-auto rifle kitguns. or lasers. just anything that isn't automatic seeing that an automatic rifle that one can craft would honestly fit a grineer planet better (depending on how its done of course). And the next planet ironically is a grineer planet. For Fortuna I imagine a rifle that is fairly precise, like a corpus variant of the Grinlok maybe. Or..another flux rifle. Flux 2.0. Though, I could get behind a submachine gun variant of the rattleguts just fine.

Edited by RedToothKaki

Radiation Damage is great, even though it's status proc isn't.

It ignores 75% of alloyarmor and is also increased by 75% making it highly effective for highdamage weapons which don't strip armor. (For example Tombfinger - which can still oneshot lvl 100 grineer thanks to great stats but also thanks to it's radiationdamage-portion)

On 2018-11-29 at 7:02 PM, elZach said:

Radiation Damage is great, even though it's status proc isn't.

It ignores 75% of alloyarmor and is also increased by 75% making it highly effective for highdamage weapons which don't strip armor. (For example Tombfinger - which can still oneshot lvl 100 grineer thanks to great stats but also thanks to it's radiationdamage-portion)

First off you're right in one regards, it deals 75% more damage to alloy armor. But, generally, if you have a high damage weapon that can't strip armor like the rubico for example, you're going to want to still run corrosive on it, so long as you're not fighting the Teralyst or Teralyst variants. At which point if you are fighting the Eidolons, then yes radiation would be ideal.

but here's why. even if you can't proc status consistently, not only are you gaining higher damage numbers stat wise but your damage type will be of that main element on your weapon. So with the rubico for example, when you run radiation on it you deal more damage against the teralyst due to its alloy armor even though you won't be proccing anything. 

Also,

" Practically speaking, this means that Radiation b Radiation damage is only reduced by 25% of a target's whole Alloy Armor and the base damage is increased by +75%. "

Once more, only useful against alloy armor or ancient healers. And as explained above the teralyst.

with that out of the way, why would you want to build for radiation for one enemy like a bombard for example when you could  build for corrosive which is strong against the other 20 thousand enemies AND including that one single bombard.

Secondly, I have just about every mod in this game and I'm good at modding. I promise you, I know that you're lying in the case of your tombfinder one shotting lv 100 grineer. And here's why, it forces impact procs and has innate radiation procs. Sure you can slap corrosive on, but it only takes you so far. Impact does less damage against armor in general and unless you're only fighting bombards,napalms, and nox's or currently clearing the planet Uranus… the radiation is also kind of really useless, but even then those enemies are under lv 30. I've tested a fully built tombfinder against lv 60s,80s,100s, and lv 140s. Without a riven I cannot see you one shotting lv 60s let alone lv 80s or lv 100-140s. Take into consideration that I've ran numerous builds in numerous tests. Please do not exaggerate, or maybe it was a typo -- maybe you meant to put lv 10 but it definitely wasn't lv 100.

Now.. like I said before in my original post. anything would've been a better option. the only worse option would have been magnetic. Honestly, I personally would have preferred viral or corrosive. Both being a million times better than radiation which is -- again -- borderline useless and at the very least, with corrosive or viral you can deal with the corpus enemies that do have armor better and chew through the ones that don't faster.

21 hours ago, RedToothKaki said:

" Practically speaking, this means that Radiation b Radiation damage is only reduced by 25% of a target's whole Alloy Armor and the base damage is increased by +75%. "

Once more, only useful against alloy armor or ancient healers. And as explained above the teralyst.

with that out of the way, why would you want to build for radiation for one enemy like a bombard for example when you could  build for corrosive which is strong against the other 20 thousand enemies AND including that one single bombard.

Exactly, we want to build for corrosive and not radiation, which is precisely why it's nice to have radiation at base. That way we have both ferrite and, to a lesser degree, alloy covered with the type weakness, allowing us faster kills than if we had to rely on corrosive procs alone.

While gas or viral would have been nice, they don't really fit the solaris thematically. Corrosive isn't really ideal, as base damage would always be less than you get from mods - meaning that you'd have to mod for corrosive anyway or it wouldn't be your dominant type. Magnetic is useless, and blast would be the worst option as the knockdowns are actively detrimental when you want to kill stuff fast.

So yeah, no complaints about radiation.