Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did I miss since Nidus Release? (December 2016)

llls1cKb0ylll

Question

Hey guys

I'm back to the game after taking a break and I'm kinda lost of what I missed since I quit playing around after Nidus release (December 2016/January 2017). I'm MR21 so I have a lot of stuff already mastered, I'm just wondering what good stuff I'm missing.

I know about most of the new frames/weapons/primes, some of the open world stuff like PoE and Fortuna, fishing, bosses like Teralysts (idk how to kill em), something about the focus rework and operator warrior mode and amps and thats pretty much it.

Would be cool to know which new frames, weapons and primes are good to play and worth farming or just buying and new missions, new mods, new factions, contracts, bounties, systems, etc etc,

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

I wasn’t playing back then, so I’m not sure how far back you are in progression.  What story quest lines have you done?  Done the sacrifice?  I would do your missing story lines, then go tackle Poe or Fortuna.  

Do you have an archwing launcher for plains or Poe?  They’re unlimited charges now.  I would aim for making one if you don’t.

hace 11 minutos, LarryYourWaiter dijo:

I wasn’t playing back then, so I’m not sure how far back you are in progression.  What story quest lines have you done?  Done the sacrifice?  I would do your missing story lines, then go tackle Poe or Fortuna.  

Do you have an archwing launcher for plains or Poe?  They’re unlimited charges now.  I would aim for making one if you don’t.

Haven't done the sacrifice yet, what frame do you get from it?

I got the segment, still need to farm Iradite to build it.

hace 9 minutos, LarryYourWaiter dijo:

Ooo I just looked it up and The War Within was only just released when you stopped playing.  Have you done that one yet?  That’s a big important one.  Make sure you set aside some decent uninterrupted time for that one.  The sacrifice is much shorter though.

Yea I did The War Within as soon as it was released, didn't like it that much tho, not too keen in playing with the operator tbh, hope it gets better with warrior mode and amps now.

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

Yeah your operator can be a beast once you get his focus trees developed.  I’m actually not there yet.

from The Sacrifice, you get Excalibur Umbra.  It’s a main story line though, not a side story like mirage or limbo’s.

i won’t spoil it, but Excalibur umbra is a little different than all your other frames...

hace 1 minuto, LarryYourWaiter dijo:

Yeah your operator can be a beast once you get his focus trees developed.  I’m actually not there yet.

from The Sacrifice, you get Excalibur Umbra.  It’s a main story line though, not a side story like mirage or limbo’s.

i won’t spoil it, but Excalibur umbra is a little different than all your other frames...

Cool! I was wondering where to get Excalibur Umbra lol

Tyvm!

Basically you missed quests like : Chains of Harrow, Octavia's Anthem, War Within, Sayas Vigil, Apostasy Prologue, The Sacrifice, Chimera Prologue and the new Fortuna quest.

You missed 2 main events that i know of, which were Plague Star (PoE event that happen 2 times so far) which introduced us to the new Grineer enemy's called Ghouls (You will end up meeting them sooner or later since Ghoul Purges happen from time to time has like a mini event), and you also missed The Pyros Project, which was the relay reconstruction event, which rebuilt the Strata relay (Earth) on PC and XBOX and the Laruda relay (Mercury) on PS4, there was also some type of mini event called Proxy Rebellion that lasted a week and a small Halloween event.

Quests like Octavia's Anthem, Chains of Harrow, War Within, Apostasy Prologue, The Sacrifice and Chimera Prologue are all MAIN STORY LINE so avoid spoilers has much has possible, also dont rush to another mission after doing Chains of Harrow and The Sacrifice, look around your ship first (Its all i can say).

You also missed a lot of Prime Frames, the most new one being Mirage Prime, Limbo Prime, Zephyr Prime and Chroma Prime.

Nova Prime and Mag Prime are out of the prime vault for while, and yes, you did miss 2 prime vaults, which were Ember + Frost + Loki, and also the one whit Rhino + Nyx.

There are now special alerts called Arbitration's which can only be done if you have the WHOLE star-chart done (Derelict included), they are high level alerts that reward a Nitain like item that can be traded in the Arbiters of Hexis room for cool items.

Raids (Law of Retribution and Jordas Precepts) were removed and the Arcanes are now rewards from killing/capturing the 3 Eidolons, dont worry though, the raids are just being fixed so that not only 10% of the player base does them.

I thinks that is mostly all you missed, hope i was of help, once again be careful whit spoilers, the story line quests are awesome and it would be a shame to ruin the experience.