Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A way for team mates to not hurt nidus

Brey223

Any Nidus player knows all well that your team is your own worst enemy. I had a friend suggest if your team mates kill what you have in your larva it would count as a partial stack, like if your maggots killed someone. That way Nidus wouldn't have so many issues with getting a reasonable amount of stacks so he can be able to provide support and DPS to the team. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eh, basically just makes Nidus scale his damage without working for it.

I sorta disagree with that. I mean, what is "work"? You're capturing the enemies still with your blob. Enemies are stunned, either you're going to kill them or your teammates are going to kill them.

Although to be honest I don't feel this is a huge issue myself. I never thought of it as killstealing, rather than assisting. It doesn't bother me.

34 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Any Nidus player knows all well that your team is your own worst enemy. I had a friend suggest if your team mates kill what you have in your larva it would count as a partial stack, like if your maggots killed someone. That way Nidus wouldn't have so many issues with getting a reasonable amount of stacks so he can be able to provide support and DPS to the team. 

nidus already has 2 different ways to increase stacking. 1 ravenous, enemies that die to the bugs give stacks which is doubled if they die to bugs that are exploded by virulence. 2 ravenous augment which gives you a 60% chance to gain more stacks when you gain a stack.

if enemies are being killed before you can gain stacks it means they dont need you or enemies are still to low lvl for it to matter.

if they are killing enemies in larva, why does it matter? the point of mission success for most of the missions is dead enemies.

nidus is a late game frame. problem with this is that late game doesn't come for a long while since ramp up is very slow.

1 hour ago, Endorphinz said:

I sorta disagree with that. I mean, what is "work"? You're capturing the enemies still with your blob. Enemies are stunned, either you're going to kill them or your teammates are going to kill them.

Although to be honest I don't feel this is a huge issue myself. I never thought of it as killstealing, rather than assisting. It doesn't bother me.

The maggots used to explode on their own and give you stacks, you didn’t need to cast his 1 on them for them to explode. They did that because you literally didn’t have to work for stacks. This suggestion is basically just asking for a return of that. As much as I’d love some way to keep team mates from shooting my Larva this is not the answer.

also shooting into the larva is killstealling and doesn’t assist the Nidus player in the slightest. It active hinders him from being as effective as he could be.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

I think we mainly need the community to understand that if they see a Nidus spamming 1 in a certain spot on enemies, to not just pop up and blow them all up. Also I wouldn't be against a passive generation of stacks. Like 1 pip every 5 seconds this would take 25 seconds for 1 mutation stack. Nothing broken just a bit of help for the first 1-3 stack afterward it gets easier with access to his last abilities.

I tend to think nidus is fine with about 4k hours and 50% nidus.

Wu Kong's special trick is that he can't be killed.  Nidus gets this not as a passive but jist from modding him correctly, additionally, building stacks outside of a long arbitration or endless endurance (both of which are just for s&g's since you can only really do either 4 rounds before your efficiency is lost for grinding), if you have modded him correctly, is a complete waste of time because the mission is over before you get 10 stacks.

Nidus is so beefy he don't need no stacks.  

If anything he is so great the only ability you will sometimes ocassionaly cast if you build him right is 2 for quick cc in 99% of the content, and the rest of the time you'll be aoe clearing with your weapons if you need to kill anything at all before running to extract.

Warframes in general are excessively op.  Nidus is so good he would find adding wu Kong's defy as an ability just as an extra ability just because, completely pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I love nidus, I think he's great, but buffing him is something I would consider a mistake, especially in this capacity which proves to be useless except in use cases for new players that can't mod their characters effectively yet because they haven't earned the endo and mods to put together a half decent build yet.

Additionally most players don't have access to nidus until after glast gambit,  the only ones that do are those that buy him, and while they are then rewarded with an unkillable warframe, they still have to play more or spend more plat to unlock his actual potential and that is as it should be imho.

For those players newer nidus is still incredibly op as well since passive health Regen is no joke when you still can't muster endo to max your primed and umbral mods, let alone all the other abilities nidus has.

With nidus, success is a forgone conclusion, the only question is how quickly you succeed.  If that requires a buff that only helps new players anyway, I would think we have massively different and diametrically opposed philosophies about what kind of challenge level should exist in the game.

My thought on this is simple.  Nidus is already borderline god mode without mods.  If you want full god mode you have to at least play a little bit and add some mods and endo.  That seems more than fair.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

5 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Nidus is fine.  If he's trying to do the meatball for straight killing the larva burst augment works just fine for that.  And if he's trying to build stacks quickly he has an augment that lets him gain stacks for gaining stacks.

I’ve not used it. It seems redundant. Gather a 4+ enemies. The more hapless victims you stomp, the more stacks you get.

Larva burst’s value is not so much in damage but control. Burst to drop and recast to regather an even larger pile of enemies.

On 2018-12-07 at 12:09 AM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

I’ve not used it. It seems redundant. Gather a 4+ enemies. The more hapless victims you stomp, the more stacks you get.

Larva burst’s value is not so much in damage but control. Burst to drop and recast to regather an even larger pile of enemies.

It's redundant for solo play.  It's pretty great when you're playing with frames that are decent at aoe clear as it ensures a more consistent build up.

And larva burst is useful for both quick kills (say in capture/rescue missions) but is also helpful for being able to cancel larva early.