Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE: [Syndicate Concept] Matagi - Monster Slayers & [Empryean Open World] The Eris Graveyard

(XBOX)Nightseid

On 2019-04-26 at 7:13 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I made a couple of suggestions before. Such as bringing the Juggernaut Behemoth back into the spot light. Similar to sentients in the plains, these Behemoths could roam the area. In a way they could be similar to the new Thumpers that pop out in the PoE. But at least people could fight the Juggernaut Behemoth without having to face the Jordas Golem over and over. Maybe they even drop new resources.

Interesting. Perhaps have these be the defenders of the hives you must destroy to proceed from the 2nd world event. 

I made a concept of a “Possibly New Infested Frame”, and it got me thinking of how to obtain it in an infested open world map. I was picturing something similar to an infested Hydra where it is like the Queen of the Infested. Like every Bee hive, Ant hill, or even Spider nest, there’s a big Momma.

Link it perhaps we can collaborate here.  I welcome and ideas, drawings and suggestions.

could see a group of people who are immune to the infestation which established the sort of new syndicate. Maybe one of the members is only a quarter infested, similar to Alad V, except he/she has not lost their mind or gone insane. And I could see the people reacting to Nidus in a very different way than all other warframes. Be something like “an infested that is our ally? I never thought it was possible.” 

Per lore it would have to be a people of half breeds. My original concept (post) was that this group was actually a small group of Tenno seeking to eradicate the infested.

My original post is broken into two parts. 1 the lead up to the infested open world. A mission based monster hunter style mission for new players. Then part 2 is the infest open world, that continues the monster hunter theme but has a world event that ties it all together.

Thanks for the comments. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Interesting. Perhaps have these be the defenders of the hives you must destroy to proceed from the 2nd world event. 

Link it perhaps we can collaborate here.  I welcome and ideas, drawings and suggestions.

Per lore it would have to be a people of half breeds. My original concept (post) was that this group was actually a small group of Tenno seeking to eradicate the infested.

My original post is broken into two parts. 1 the lead up to the infested open world. A mission based monster hunter style mission for new players. Then part 2 is the infest open world, that continues the monster hunter theme but has a world event that ties it all together.

Thanks for the comments. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1082593-possibly-new-infested-warframe/

Here’s the link. 

First time to post here. Thank you for sharing interesting concepts.

I'm Japanese and have some opinion about the name of these Monster ranks.

Lvl1 and Lvl2 sound fine, 怪人"Kaijin" stands for a mutated human or humanoid size creature and 怪獣"Kaiju" means creature and beast.

I'd like to name Lvl3 怪物"Kaibutsu", means creature but looked far from a natural life-form and Lvl4 怪異"Kai", still means creature but sound more like a calamity or disaster.  怪"Kai" stands for strangeness, something that completely different from other living things, so it is good for Infection.

I'm certain that most of the players are not Japanese speaker so I'll respect your feeling about rhyme and sounding!

9 hours ago, yukinanka said:

Lvl1 and Lvl2 sound fine, 怪人"Kaijin" stands for a mutated human or humanoid size creature and 怪獣"Kaiju" means creature and beast.

I'd like to name Lvl3 怪物"Kaibutsu", means creature but looked far from a natural life-form and Lvl4 怪異"Kai", still means creature but sound more like a calamity or disaster.  怪"Kai" stands for strangeness, something that completely different from other living things, so it is good for Infection.

I'm certain that most of the players are not Japanese speaker so I'll respect your feeling about rhyme and sounding!

Most of the names or titles in warframe come from other languages so just know that I think your suggestion is AWESOME. 

Man I’m starting to see a possible return of the J3 Golem as an open world event. Like there is some sort of eclipse happening but very unusual so we go and explore it just for it to turn out to be the ginormous J3 Golem. And our job is do as much damage to it as possible much like many other events before it is gone. Could even be a method for DE to add a new Infested Arch-Weapon. Or even an Infested Arch-wing for Nidus. Already got a dozen ideas for the appeance and abilities. 

Man DE needs to hurry up and make an Infested Open World. 😤😤😤

14 hours ago, yukinanka said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll will definitely take a look into this, as I used wikipedia's categorization of Japanese gaint monster films as my source but I know it's not always 100% accurate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Adding some variety to surrounding nodes of Eris.(will add to main post)

Right now or last I checked, Eris nodes only take place on corpus ships floating nearly the planet. My concept revolves around the idea that the infested has taken control over the entire planet’s surface, with the open map focusing on efforts to eradicated the main hive. I feel a few of Eris nodes should take place on the surface (maybe 1 or 2) to help emphases that idea, using a modified version of corpus ice planet tile set (ship wreckage). Adding infested elements and growth and darkening the skies to give that doom and gloom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warframe concept for infested world: Cleric

What is the infested? Well it is Warframe’s version of an undead horde and an undead horde isn’t complete without a dedicated class to fight them. So enter Warframe codename: Cleric.

Background – the infested were meant to be used as a weapon to destroy the sentient but it back fired. The cleric is a frame that was created to eradicate the infested and protect others who would easily fall victim to the virus.

FI9MQd8.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/G744JlV

Stats

Health- 100

Shield- 150

Armor- 75

Power- 100

Passive – Innate Augur – energy used on abilities restore cleric’s shields

Slot1 – Radiance (cycle/toggle) – a toggle ability that holds up one of three radiant symbol in one hand, allowing Cleric to wield a secondary weapon.

Fury- this symbol burns enemies in an arc in front of Cleric with a chance to ignite enemies.

Sanctuary- this symbol creates a shield bubble that protects Cleric and allies within its sphere from harm.

Unity- this symbol links all allies together – allowing them to share buffs and increase defenses per linked ally.

Slot2 – Binding Circle or Detain –Cleric targets an area binding enemies to it; enemies cannot escape the area for the duration of the ability. Holding the ability will enlarge the binding area; as the duration decreases so does the binding area, clumping enemies together as it gets smaller. If Fury is active enemies within inside the circle will burn; If Sanctuary is active allies receive a armor buff; If Unity is active then allies receive a DPS buff.

Slot3 –Whirling Blades – summon spinning blades that slash surrounding enemies for a time.

Slot4 – Burning Torrent – channel a burning pillar that descends on Cleric which increases in size, damage and energy consumptions the longer it is held. If a binding circle is active when Burning torrent is activate the circle will erupt in flames. Damaging enemies inside. Binding circles will continue to burn for the remain of their duration even after Burning Torrent is deactivated.

My thoughts: my focus for cleric is protecting allies and providing a couple of buffs not directly healing them like Oberon or Trinity. He specializes in holding back the infested and disintegrating them. If the infested get to close and they always do, active whirling blades to slash enemies in melee range or nuke them with burning torrent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-07 at 8:11 AM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Tennocon introduced new infested enemies!!!!

Also pretty excited about Nightwave series 2. Here is hoping my concept idea here guessed a few things.

YAY!!!!

I’m still surprised about the infested suit. One guy made a post about making tenno’s half infested which made no sense since they are “immune to the infestation” so I suggested something more like an infested suit for them to wear if anything and few guys agreed. 

Definitely proves DE is listening to its fans. I’m so hyped about Gauss. I’ve made a speed frame concept multiple times. One was simply called a speed based frame while the repost with slight changes was called speed ATTACK based frame. The frame was mainly about being able to perform things super quick, such as faster recovery from knockdowns, ability cast, even executions. But both were met with comparisons to Volt and Valkyr who have Speed Buff abilities. Mine idea was more like being able to strike enemies quickly and without being noticed. Kind of like how Wisp’s passive is invisibility while in the air, his grant a little invisibility when he performs certain speed striking abilities. 

Either way I excited to see how this warframe turns out. And really hope we get an infest open world. First grineer and then corpus. Next should be infested then maybe, MAYBE, corrupted. Don’t know how that last one would work unless DE plans to introduce Orokin Survivors. Or maybe more people like Keshin. The people could even respect Umbra more often when he approaches them. 

All I know is I’m growing impatient waiting for a new infested world and we have a pretty decent, well thought out one right here. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 2019-09-03 at 5:27 AM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Bump.

I am getting a bit impatient waiting. Just remade a volcanic frame concept that I would love to use on this type of open world.

F4wWrkS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Finally got a drawing for this frame. Took a while trying to draw. And still a work in progress. Like should he be like a shiny obsidian or rough dark brownish rock? But imagine fighting a giant infested boss and army with this frame.

Overall al amzing concept.

I had a quick look at the warframe and can give Jou some feedback.

On 2019-06-20 at 3:31 PM, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Passive

Fine , it os availible as mod set bonus right now but I dont see alt problens here.

Slot1 – Radiance (cycle/toggle) – a toggle ability that holds up one of three radiant symbol in one hand, allowing Cleric to wield a secondary weapon.

Fury- this symbol burns enemies in an arc in front of Cleric with a chance to ignite enemies.

Sanctuary- this symbol creates a shield bubble that protects Cleric and allies within its sphere from harm.

Unity- this symbol links all allies together – allowing them to share buffs and increase defenses per linked ally.

Tow problens here.

Fury does not scale. I would add an aura disabling effect on it ( dusables ancients and eximus aura ) or a buff negation effect.

Unity- just scrap the buff link it is both a codding and a balancing nightmare.

Slot2 – Binding Circle or Detain –Cleric targets an area binding enemies to it; enemies cannot escape the area for the duration of the ability. Holding the ability will enlarge the binding area; as the duration decreases so does the binding area, clumping enemies together as it gets smaller. If Fury is active enemies within inside the circle will burn; If Sanctuary is active allies receive a armor buff; If Unity is active then allies receive a DPS buff.

Quite interesting skill desing , I wpuld love to see how this plays out in game.

Slot3 –Whirling Blades – summon spinning blades that slash surrounding enemies for a time.

Even dought I am a vergil fan and would love sping blades on the game this skill Feels like an skill scalibur would have.

Slot4 – Burning Torrent – channel a burning pillar that descends on Cleric which increases in size, damage and energy consumptions the longer it is held. If a binding circle is active when Burning torrent is activate the circle will erupt in flames. Damaging enemies inside. Binding circles will continue to burn for the remain of their duration even after Burning Torrent is deactivated.

If you that to do damage add some form of scaling. 

Kind of picturing new infested enemies due to the zealots. Like imagine an infested covered heavy gunner with a Synapse mutated into her arm. Maybe one like Baliff that has an infested hammer and can only be damaged by melees. Otherwise it reflects projectiles from primary and secondaries. Make people use melees more and make the one on one fights more entertaining than just shoot and run. Channeling could completely parry all the melee attacks they do without taking any damage. Make it into a real fight. Could see the infested Baliff looking dudes being able to throw their hammers with an infested string attached to them to pull it back.

Maybe have enemies that actually grab you and throw you. Not just knock you down or pull. The whole keeping your distance and shoot then get dragged around gets old, annoying, and boring. Or running to get somewhere just be knocked down. Like for there to be other things they do. More and newer enemies in the infested faction and obviously a newer boss.

Just waiting in suspense is hard. IMO

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-04 at 2:21 PM, keikogi said:

Overall al amzing concept.

I had a quick look at the warframe and can give Jou some feedback.

Fine , it os availible as mod set bonus right now but I dont see alt problens here.

Tow problens here.

Fury does not scale. I would add an aura disabling effect on it ( dusables ancients and eximus aura ) or a buff negation effect.

Unity- just scrap the buff link it is both a codding and a balancing nightmare.

Quite interesting skill desing , I wpuld love to see how this plays out in game.

Even dought I am a vergil fan and would love sping blades on the game this skill Feels like an skill scalibur would have.

If you that to do damage add some form of scaling. 

Thanks for the feedback. I was envisioning a protection based frame and a trap-and-burn style warframe. I'll take another look at cleric and see what to tweak.

Also added a WIP drawing of the frame, going for a dragoon or a solider between the 1700 to late 1800s.

Archived